Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travel Ban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 912

Travel Ban

Jan 24, 2021, 7:09 PM

Not one remark about Biden being a Xenophobe on ABC news tonight. Why not? It’s the first thing the MSM proclaimed when Trump issued travel bans. And Biden joined in as well.

Here’s what the Big Guy said about Trump’s initial travel restrictions that went into effect 1/31/2020. On the following day, Feb 1, Biden said on social media, “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.”

Where are all the liberals now? They are nowhere because the MSM and all the Trump xenophob BS was fake. 100% fake and made up. Liberals have been taken for a ride by the MSM and big tech and have no idea. “Everyone agrees with me in my echo chamber.” When my guy does it, it's okay. When the other guy does it, it's not.

SMH.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/biden-sign-sweeping-coronavirus-related-travel-restrictions-n1255484

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travel Ban

Jan 24, 2021, 9:49 PM

How is this Xenophobic, there is a much more transmissible strain of the Virus in South Africa that we do not want here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the point is that it was “xenophobic” when Trump closed down

Jan 24, 2021, 10:03 PM

travel to China.

Similarly, he was mocked pretty severely because US citizens were allowed in. Apparently he was supposed to bar Americans from America.

At least that’s my recollection?

null

You are correct. Was xenophobic in January, but stupid

Jan 24, 2021, 10:25 PM

because he let American come back. And the left thought both those accusations were reasonable, and reasonable existing at the same time. Crazy stuff. But ideology replaced truth some time back, so...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are correct. Was xenophobic in January, but stupid

Jan 24, 2021, 10:39 PM

He was referring to the Muslim Travel ban when speaking to Trump's history of Xenophobia, not the China ban. You will get little argument from me that he is a hypocrite when it came to the China Travel Ban though, but let's not conflate one thing with another.

Also, accusing Biden of being a xenophobe is several tokes over the line. If you would like to debate who dislikes Biden more, I am game, but there should be rules like staying grounded in reality.

If the subject is covid travel bans and xenophobia, the

Jan 24, 2021, 10:47 PM

subject is China.

I might be fine with covid travel bans. But they are okay or they are not. Trump put one in for China, and was called xenophobic only for political reasons. If that was xenophobic, so is any other travel ban, for the same non existent reasons. Again, ideology replaced truth long before that, which is why such a thing can be said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the subject is covid travel bans and xenophobia, the

Jan 25, 2021, 12:30 AM

I never saw his travel ban against China as Xenophobic, and I have a tough time believing that is What Biden meant, he is referring to Trump's actual record of xenophobia and fear-mongering, calling Mexicans rapists and attempting to Ban Muslims from entering the country, etc...

No reasonable person would see Trump's China Ban as anything other than pragmatic.

Jan 25, 2021, 6:22 AM

Biden said it literally minutes after Trump enacted the ban on China. Even the “fact checkers” tried to protect Biden, but lucky me, I saw it in real time. The love affair between MSM and the Dems will destroy this country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/yes-biden-absolutely-did-oppose-the-china-travel-restrictions-and-call-them-xenophobic%3f_amp=true

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 7:51 AM

We are becoming a nation of “phobephobes”. Fear that someone will call us some kind of “phobe”.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: If the subject is covid travel bans and xenophobia, the ]

The operative word is reasonable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that. I love your posts, whether we agree or not.

Jan 25, 2021, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: If the subject is covid travel bans and xenophobia, the ]

The thread is, as I understand it, about the media/cultural reactions to these two people. Maybe any reasonable person would see the China ban in January as pragmatic, but the media didn't and neither did Pelosi, Biden, and any Dem elected official, all of whom tripped over themselves to call Trump xenophobic. But now travel bans are on the side of the angels.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:57 AM

So you think Trump's ban on travel from specific countries is the exact same as Biden restricting all travel due to COVID, and that the latter indicates xenophobia?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

The dems were wrong to come out against the travel...

Jan 25, 2021, 8:17 AM

ban from China. Their comments were made before we knew what the full impact of COVID was going to be. Trump was right on that call. Anyone paying attention knows it was their auto-response to whatever Trump does/did. I bet they would all admit so in private now.

I think Biden's travel restrictions are correct now...do you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this***

Jan 25, 2021, 10:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH. Supported Trump's ban. Support Biden's ban.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:36 AM

I know, impossible isn't it. MSM spin, RWN spin, AOC spin, Trump spin, Biden spin? DGAF

If a crackhead tells me drugs are bad, and I know drugs are bad, I won't suddenly think they're good. If a preacher tells me adultery is evil, then is caught cheating on his wife, I won't suddenly think cheating is alright. If Trump tells me something is good, and I know it's bad, it doesn't mean I will think it's good. If Biden says something is bad, and I know it's good, it doesn't mean I'll think it's bad.

I'm trying to figure out the point in which people stopped thinking for themselves and instead just listened to a LCD screen or box on a piece of furniture. Because at some point that's happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gotta support your team, man***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Jan 25, 2021, 9:45 AM

From the WSJ- 1/24/21-"We're living in a world where coronavirus is so prevalent and rapidly mutating that there are going to be new variants that pop up. We may well be in a situation where we end up having to have an annual coronavirus vaccine."--Dr Anthony Harnden, a physician who advises the UK government

We are in a race to reach herd immunity with the vaccine before the ongoing mutations render the current vaccine ineffective. I am not particularly hopeful that we are going to win that race. At our current pace of immunization, we are definitely trailing the virus. I will be xenophobic for a moment. The Chinese leadership sucks. They screwed the world with their response and have not been forthcoming at all. It's difficult to avoid, but I will try to avoid buying anything made in China.

No matter how more efficiently the US ramps up immunizations domestically, we are in a hell of a mess as many countries will not immunize at a rate to outpace the rate of mutations. I support Biden in trying to keep the lid on things as best as we can by limiting travel from abroad, but we simply can't shut down the economy until this is over. It may not be over for many years. Happy Monday!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 912
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic