Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson

Dec 17, 2018, 8:47 AM

Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson

It doesn’t fall under the category of smack talk, and it’s not your typical bulletin board material. Every head coach should feel like his team has a chance to win, and Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly knows his team can beat Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every team that makes the playoffs belongs there

Dec 17, 2018, 8:51 AM

Unless they're from the Big 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson

Dec 17, 2018, 9:30 AM

Clemson WRs are way better than USC's. It's not even really close.
I'm a Texas fan and USC came to Austin and I got to see them up close and personal. Not a very good comparison at all. USC has nothing like Tee Higgins or Justyn Ross.
Come on, coach.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:29 AM

In Kelly's defense, he's just comparing our group with the best WR corps that he's played so far. He simply hasn't played any other team with the same level talent and depth at WR.

Same goes for the D-line. He compares us to NC State and LSU last year because those are the best that he's played. Even though they're the best the Irish have played that doesn't mean we aren't much better.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:18 PM

No, it doesn't, and he has said as much. I don't think that the Notre Dame staff is underestimating Clemson one bit. Nor are the Notre Dame fans.

But we all think we can win. If we couldn't, there wouldn't be any point in playing the game. I don't think many of us think our chances of winning are as good as yours, though.

Meanwhile, the Notre Dame players and staff are going into the game with the mindset of winning, just as the Clemson players and staff are. Which is as it should be.

Looking forward to the game. Best of luck, and let everyone stay healthy.

"That's how it goes....ERYBODY....

Dec 17, 2018, 9:35 AM

Knowsssssss"
;)
https://youtu.be/AjQk70d9xMA

Dec 17, 2018, 9:35 AM

I think the environment in DV intimidated the Irish in 2015. They haven’t heard how loud we get in a dome yet!!!!

Dec 17, 2018, 4:28 PM

Accursed be the tongue that tells me so,
For it hath cowed my better part of man!

Dec 17, 2018, 9:40 AM

I hope they focus on preparing for what Clemson does defensively, because I think BV goes against tendancies like he did against O31-0 State 2 years ago and their offense was totally lost. I could see the same thing happening this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Dec 17, 2018, 4:31 PM

Well, I hope YOUR coaches adopt an insufficiently nuanced game plan, too. :) Probably ain't gonna happen for either of us, though.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:49 AM

I think we have better talent and we have been there before which I think will be a huge advantage

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 9:53 AM

Brian Kelly is weird and somewhat creepy.

Spot the ball.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:39 AM

LOL!

Dec 17, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson ]

Dec 17, 2018, 4:45 PM

What a buncha posers

Dec 18, 2018, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly knows his team can beat favored Clemson ]

1)-overconfident-only brought 11 players. Am impressed he got down on a knee.

2) What do they call that color green?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are not that much better than them, if at all***

Dec 17, 2018, 9:55 AM

Translation:

Dec 17, 2018, 10:17 AM

"We've not seen anyone this good in 40 forevers. We need to get used to the big screen so it don't distract our guys from the arse-whooping that is being rained down on them.

At least we made it to the CFP."

Re: Translation:

Dec 17, 2018, 10:36 AM

Felix2 said:

"We've not seen anyone this good in 40 forevers. We need to get used to the big screen so it don't distract our guys from the arse-whooping that is being rained down on them.

At least we made it to the CFP."

*Best team we have played since Georgia last season*

A game we lost by a point after leading most of the game to a Georgia team that had Sony Michel and Nick Chubb. We have essentially the entire defense (10 starters) from that game with 23 games of experience since.

I think this year's Clemson team is on a similar playing field as that Georgia team. Do you guys want Kelly to say "we can't beat them but we will show up since we made it this far?"

Dec 17, 2018, 10:45 AM

Clemson is similar to the Georgia team Notre Dame played at the beginning of the season or the Georgia team that everyone saw in national championship game?

I believe that those were 2 very different teams. The QB situation improved immensely for Georgia from the Notre Dame game to the end of the season.

I would agree the Clemson is similar to the team that played in the national championship.

Pretending that Georgia was the same at the end of the year is like pretending that Clemson is the same team that played Texas A&M early this season. Sure, same players but it is not close to the same team.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:59 AM

TigersO said:

Clemson is similar to the Georgia team Notre Dame played at the beginning of the season or the Georgia team that everyone saw in national championship game?

I believe that those were 2 very different teams. The QB situation improved immensely for Georgia from the Notre Dame game to the end of the season.

I would agree the Clemson is similar to the team that played in the national championship.

Pretending that Georgia was the same at the end of the year is like pretending that Clemson is the same team that played Texas A&M early this season. Sure, same players but it is not close to the same team.