Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer Portal Options
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Transfer Portal Options

Jan 31, 2021, 9:27 PM

I have been reading on how important it is/will be for Clemson football to pursue players in the transfer portal. I have always felt that Dabo's goal was to grow his own players who wanted to be at Clemson from the beginning...sort of being planted and then bloomed. Wonder what players that are already on the team feel about bringing in a transfer as they themselves are not good enough to meet the needs of the team. How would it affect team moral? Wouldn't the portal route therefore signal existing players to enter the portal? Also, how many transfer really work out? I'm not a proponent of this "Free Agency" and will surely change College Football...for better or worse. Don't post much but just want to hear what others feel about this topic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer Portal Options

Jan 31, 2021, 10:01 PM

I don't think its good for college football. But, who knows! Might work out, might not. College football is gonna change in the next few years big time I think. More and more people are moving away from attending games at schools that do not play in championship games. Means less and less money for the lessor programs. Once Schools began paying players based on whatever, really good players are going to transfer to whomever pays better. That's the nature of the beast. Slowly but surely the lesser school will move away from football. At least that's my take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 11:52 PM

I believe the “SEC Option” is the most popular. It comes standard with a 2 mile radius electro-magnetic jammer for “enhanced” privacy, an industrial capacity ATM machine with backup power supply and increased transfer cabin size. It can transfer 1 athlete and 2 morally bankrupt “companions” simultaneously.

I've always thought that a 16-17-18 year old

Jan 31, 2021, 10:45 PM

is bound to make a few mistakes. You might have a five star player in the hills of Maggie Valley, NC that gets recruited by Miami and he goes down there and gets his first whiff of a sexy latina and decides that was the place for him and then after one year he decides it's not quite his thing. To shut the door on a player because he made a bad decision at the age of 18 isn't right in my opinion. But I can also see the "lay in the bed you made" way of thinking as well. However, I'd leave the door open for the right circumstance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've always thought that a 16-17-18 year old

Feb 1, 2021, 7:29 AM

Is that 5 star recruit living in Ghost Town or a 5 star rating similar to the long snapper scale lol

Wouldn't worry about it...

Feb 1, 2021, 12:08 AM

b/c I don't believe we're serious(yet) about using the portal as a resource. Also, believe Pearman's position was created mainly as an alternative to firing him-

Feb 1, 2021, 3:54 AM

Why do you think bringing in a portal player makes current members think they are not good enough? No difference than bringing in a 5 star. How do you think Phommachanh feels about Uiagalelei?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

The past two teams that have beaten us in the CFP did it w/

Feb 1, 2021, 8:34 AM

transferred players. Without Burrow we beat LSU. Without Justin Fields (2nd year)and Trey Sermon we beat OSU. Its not like it used to be. Teams are making their names with someone else's players now. We either get on board or get left behind. Many players would love to come to Clemson and shine.

Re: The past two teams that have beaten us in the CFP did it w/

Feb 1, 2021, 9:01 AM

I think one reason we haven't been in the portal yet is we've had Watson, Lawrence, and DJU. Not only have we hit on these 5 star QB's, but they've each lived up to their ranking. It may be too soon to say that about DJU I suppose, but he certainly lived up to it in his 2 starts this past season.

Now maybe we would've found success with another QB had we missed out on any of those 3, but my point is we haven't been in that need. I'm not saying QB is the only position where a transfer could be taken, but it's been the most common among other CFP contenders lately, Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma, and now Georgia.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic