Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trans Awareness Week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,078

Trans Awareness Week

Nov 16, 2015, 10:40 PM
image.jpeg(273.0 K)

I know that this board isn't for politics, but I thought the donors might want to know where their money is going to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trans Awareness Week

Nov 16, 2015, 10:44 PM

Just a glimpse into the future everywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to open this can of worms

Nov 16, 2015, 10:44 PM

But isn't this a pretty good compromise on the issue? I mean, I understand there are folks who are uncomfortable with the thought of a trans person in their bathroom, but making a gender neutral bathroom available seems to alleviate this, doesn't it? I mean, if you or someone else don't want to take the chance that you'll be sharing facilities with a trans person, then options exist to ensure they won't have to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the point is the erasure of male/female

Nov 16, 2015, 10:52 PM

It'd be one thing if there were a couple of gender neutral restrooms for the .1% of people who feel their gender doesn't match their bodies. But wouldn't that just imply that the male/female bathrooms were the "normal" ones, further marginalizing trans-people and entrenching cis-sexism?

Anyway, this is what I'd imagine they'd say about a "compromise." The point isn't really carving out a space for them to do what they like, it's changing everybody's view of gender.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly, I understand that viewpoint

Nov 16, 2015, 10:55 PM

And I'm not advocating a world without gender norms (and certainly not a world which removes all limits based on any small percentage of people), but in this case, with this compromise, I see no real problem with it. It makes sense to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to open this can of worms

Nov 16, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Not to open this can of worms ]

The problem is that they are making the only,or at least the most available, bathrooms gender neutral as opposed to making another bathroom.

And just like most other unisex bathrooms

Nov 16, 2015, 10:45 PM

that have been in place for years, never get used until Dad needs to take toddler daughter or Mom takes toddler son to go potty. That's all they are good for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the people that "donate" need your help finding out where there money goes.

Nov 16, 2015, 10:47 PM

Not football related. If there is a board for this and you were aware that there was a board for this, then you must clearly be trolling.

Re: I don't think the people that "donate" need your help finding out where there money goes.

Nov 16, 2015, 10:51 PM

Thought this was gonna be about the Pontiac .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I don't think the people that "donate" need your help finding out where there money goes.

Nov 16, 2015, 11:28 PM

Or maybe even the Smokey and the Bandit...

Clearly trolling, and this will continue to gather

Nov 16, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to I don't think the people that "donate" need your help finding out where there money goes. ]

reaction until its moved. The OP's that do this know what they are doing.

Nov 16, 2015, 10:52 PM

Behind the preposition?

I don't get why anyone cares. They have to take a

Nov 16, 2015, 10:53 PM

dump or pee. Please tell me people don't believe this is some master plan by the trans community to get an upskirt or bathroom cam shot of somebody or assault kids.

your suggested activities are .... disturbing. and telling.***

Nov 16, 2015, 11:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There is the thumbs downer!

Nov 16, 2015, 11:02 PM

Dope.

you're a funny little ma.., i mean person. just stay

Nov 16, 2015, 11:04 PM

away from my bathroom and my children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: you're a funny little ma.., i mean person. just stay

Nov 16, 2015, 11:08 PM

Tell him. Real men always think of the children.

LOL....a thumbs down. I guess there is

Nov 16, 2015, 11:01 PM [ in reply to I don't get why anyone cares. They have to take a ]

somebody convinced the trans folks are wanting bathroom pics. Too funny....thumbs down all you want, dope.

Re: LOL....a thumbs down. I guess there is

Nov 16, 2015, 11:03 PM

They do. Tranny people only want to take pictures of your junk and stick their finger there. Do you not read the newspaper?

Nov 16, 2015, 10:56 PM

So does this change how the glory hole booths operate or is momofClemson112 still manning both of 'em?

Nov 16, 2015, 11:24 PM

I guess I need more details to understand....

So people are going to be there to explain how to use this newly labeled bathroom? Is it that difficult to figure out? Will there be a set of rules to read before entering?

Are these single rooms or multi stalls? If I'm a female, how can I ensure my safety if males can come in? We will need better door locks for sure and stalls that go from the floor to the ceiling.

For those that "opt out," you now have to go find another bathroom or just schedule your bathroom time outside of the gender neutral time slot. I might be afraid to opt out for fear of being singled out. So much to think about...

Wouldn't It Be Easier to Remove Picture of Man and Woman

Nov 16, 2015, 11:30 PM

on Bathroom, Thus Removing "Gender", and Just Put a Picture of a Schlong and a Vag on The Door. Whichever Piece of Equipment You Have, Not What Gender You Identify With, is The Restroom You go in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic