Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the recruiting experts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,231

To the recruiting experts

Jan 4, 2021, 7:58 PM

Do we have any highly ranked DBs and LBs hitting the field 2021.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the recruiting experts

Jan 4, 2021, 8:15 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/2021-Clemson-Football-Signees

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RJ Mickens

Jan 4, 2021, 9:30 PM

Big Safety recruit from Texas. Don’t recall seeing him on the field.
Seems we could have used him.

Re: RJ Mickens

Jan 4, 2021, 10:26 PM

I would love to see some Tampa 2 against these high flying offenses which needs LB and safeties that can tackle and cover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RJ Mickens

Jan 4, 2021, 11:46 PM [ in reply to RJ Mickens ]

And hopefully Davis and Green continue to develop.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:22 PM

We have 2 top lb's in the 21 class but only 1 db, but a good one at that. 2022 already have 2 OT's and have offers out to the #1, #5 and #6 db. #6 is out of Mauldin and outlook is good.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:41 PM

Trenton Simpson (5* #1 ranked LB from 2020), Kevin Swint , Lavontae Bentley , RJ Mickens(spelling probably wrong), and Fred Davis (fringe 5* , top 5 corner) 2020 class.

Barrett Carter, Jeremiah Trotter, Nathaniel Wiggins, Andrew Makuba from the 21 class.

The defense was very young this year especially at Safety. 7 freshman and sophomore, 3 senior and 1 junior (DK). These guys played their hearts out and gave everything for each other and their university. I’m proud of them and what they accomplished this year!

As Dabo says best is the standard and the best is yet to come. They can’t win every single game every year. As long as they play the right way and leave it I the field they have nothing to be ashamed of!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 10:45 PM

All good points, and people seem to forget how long it takes Middle linebackers and Safeties to develop in Venables' System. But yeah, there is some young talent waiting in the wings that had national offers. If anything, we will be a lot more athletic on the back end, they just need experience.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 10:57 PM

Michaelangelo didn’t paint the Sistine Chapel in one day. This team will be just fine. The defense will be hell on wheels for the foreseeable future and the offense will be okay in DJU’s hands. I don’t see many guys wanting to step up and put a shoulder into him on a RPO when he pulls it and keeps it!our running backs will be bruisers. Mikey Dukes, Lyn J, Mellusi, Phil Maffah, Kobe Pace and a fella named Will Shippley may not be ETN but they will do just fine.

I look forward to the next few Saturday’s in The Valley! They may not win them all but by God whoever they play will know they played the ONLY football university in the state of South Carolina and they will regret stepping on the field with boys in orange!

Go Tigers!!! Time to beat down the leg humping mutts!

Jan 4, 2021, 11:08 PM

I am intrigued by by Mafah. To me he is the closest to ETN, just lacks that extra gear.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 11:15 PM

He doesn’t have the “top end” speed of ETN but very fast. If he’s patient and puts in the work he will be fun to watch in orange. I believe Mellusi will get a large share of the carries next year seems to be figuring it out over the last few games. 2021 and 2022 are going to be really fun years to watch the Tigers play. I don’t think the sky is falling, not even close. These kids are just gonna get better and better.

If we bring in another top 5 class next year it’s going to be awhile before our Tigers don’t make the playoff! Just hope the ACC continues to get better as a whole. Tired of hearing how weak the conference is when the truth of the matter is that just like every other conference we have 1-2 really good teams and a bunch of ok teams.

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic