Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year

Jul 31, 2019, 9:09 PM

His picks; bama and georgia, (big surprise), TCU and penn state. I gave ol' Tim credit for better football smarts than that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year

Jul 31, 2019, 9:10 PM

He lost his cred last year with his Bama pick in the NCG.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 9:13 PM

I do recall that. Didn't he predict a big blow out win for bama?

No one is a bigger SEC homer than Tim Tebow

Jul 31, 2019, 11:18 PM

He rarely has a kind word for Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: No one is a bigger SEC homer than Tim Tebow

Aug 1, 2019, 6:02 AM

He hangs out with finebum alot

Re: No one is a bigger SEC homer than Tim Tebow

Aug 1, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to No one is a bigger SEC homer than Tim Tebow ]

Weird, bc we had him had we not promised W Korn that we would not recruit anymore QBs in that class. Turned out well for him, bc we did not have the Oline he had at Florida.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

Tebow molest collies

Jul 31, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

He lost his cred with most sane men by staying a virgin through college

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with picking Bama last year heading into that

Aug 1, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

game. They were the favorite after all. You have to shun at least 75% of the CFB media. However Tebow does do everything in about the douchiest way possible so I'm definitely not going to bat for him here.

What dose his boyfriend think?

Jul 31, 2019, 9:12 PM

Poor Tim

Guess he didn’t get enough striking out in his dwindling baseball career

His first love ... and he treats us this way ?
I have the sneaking suspicion that this is wishing that we weren't , rather than actually believing the inevitable .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Wishcasting

Jul 31, 2019, 9:21 PM

Not forecasting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Another $-EZ homer walking the party line...

Jul 31, 2019, 9:18 PM

Now there's a shocker !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tim got beaned?!?

Jul 31, 2019, 9:19 PM

Apparently! Time to give up on 'diamond dreams'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCU, lol.***

Jul 31, 2019, 9:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: TCU, lol.***

Jul 31, 2019, 9:35 PM

That was my initial thought too . The others KINDA make sense ... but putting TCU in it and deleting Clemson ?

Tim done bumped his dayum head .

DB23

Jul 31, 2019, 9:32 PM

I enjoy watching him pout while doing his sideline coverage of the Natty.

Yep. I may have to watch that one again tonight. I have only

Jul 31, 2019, 9:59 PM

seen it 15 or 20 times....But, I will really enjoy it this time.

I absolutely loved it. Who was it that said “this sucks”

Jul 31, 2019, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

On the sideline? Pollack

Jul 31, 2019, 9:35 PM

Maybe he’s still bitter over his bad prediction.

“I’m going with Alabama and their embarrassment of riches.”

I love Tebow. I also think Tebow makes it up when the lights are on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5sZTI0_Ha4

Tebow is the one that I have not heard follow up commentary

Aug 1, 2019, 3:01 AM

from since the "embarrassment of riches" turned out to be fools gold... LOL

Since his faith prevents him from lying, is that why he's been largely silent??

Aug 1, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

I love that clip.

Tebow made numerous observations that were spot-on, that i never heard anyone else make.

But even giving Venables credit, and acknowledging our great D-Line, he still got the conclusion wrong. Ultimately it was his faith in Alabama that made him choose them in the Natty.

But in this prognostication, he's just hoping for something interesting. TCU over OK? That's a smack on Jaylen Hurts.

Two SEC teams, with one being selected after losing its conference championship game? That's a smack on all the unrepresented conferences.

He's just being a good homer.

And Tim won’t be in the playoffs, too.

Jul 31, 2019, 10:45 PM

NFL, MLB, minor leagues, etc.

I guess we’ll share that in common.

??

~JKB

he prays we won't***

Sep 29, 2015, 10:20 PM

Re: he prays we won't***

Jul 31, 2019, 11:18 PM

Good guy, lousy prognosticator.

texas and oklahoma will fair better in the big 12 than tcu

Jul 31, 2019, 11:38 PM

tebow had one to many head shots when he played

He needs to be focusing on his batting avg, it ain't good***

Aug 1, 2019, 12:19 AM

Aug 1, 2019, 12:56 AM

The LSU tigers won't be in the playoffs for sure.

Aug 1, 2019, 6:40 AM

Good lord you people crack me up. Just because he didn’t pick us doesn’t mean he hates us. Sure he’s a SEC homer, but that shouldn’t be a shocker, he played in the SEC and works for the SEC network. It’s hilarious how outraged you people get when someone picks against Clemson.

Also, why is it so crazy he picked Bama to win the title last year? Just because we beat them doesn’t mean they were some terrible team. That thinking diminishes our win you goofballs. They did in fact have an embarrassment of riches, just like we do. If we had lost, would that mean we didn’t have an embarrassment of riches? Nope. Bama has a ton of talent, just like we do. Stop getting so butthurt when someone doesn’t pick Clemson.

Aug 1, 2019, 1:11 PM

I agree. People have the right to make picks without it meaning they hate whoever they didn't pick. Guys have picked us to win games in the past that we ended up losing, did those people lose their credibility also when that happened? I've never seen any media person claim to be able to see the future, they're making educated guesses.

I do think some picks such as putting in TCU are made so they can look extra smart if it ends up happening, and then knowing that most people will never remember the pick if they were wrong. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or anything though.

You'd think though after our recent run of success that we wouldn't have such as sensitive bunch of fans for each time someone speaks and doesn't 100% praise us as the greatest thing in the history of college football.

I can see picking us not to win it all again

Aug 1, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow says The Tigers won't be in the playoffs this year ]

But picking us to not make the CFP? We made the CFP with Kelly Bryant at QB.

I believe we would get in even with 1 loss. Almost every sports analyst thinks we’re a shoe in. He may not
Hate us but he is really reaching. He does not want us to dominate his beloved SEC

So, who is he predicting beats Clemson?

Aug 1, 2019, 7:05 AM

Hard to imagine the defending national champ who demolished Bama last year when everyone predicted the opposite would be kept out of the playoffs if we were undefeated. Is that what he’s saying? Or does he thin we will lose at least one game?

null

Re: So, who is he predicting beats Clemson?

Aug 1, 2019, 1:13 PM

I'm not sure what he said, but he's probably thinking that if we do lose a game that our schedule won't be strong enough to make it in with 1 loss which may be true unless some teams on our schedule surprise this season. Going unbeaten is hard to do just as our loss to Pitt in 2016, our loss to Syracuse in 2017, and our close games against A&M and Syracuse last season shows.

I think we go unbeaten, but nothing is ever promised.

Aug 1, 2019, 7:41 AM

Don’t know what he is thinking. First of the odds are extremely low that both Alabama and Georgia both make it ... extremely low. One has to go through the other to get there. Odds are Alabama breezes through their schedule and Georgia does not have that luxury.

Secondly, Clemson should breeze through their schedule and the ACCCG.

What happens after that I’m not bold enough to predict. It’s a long season and anything can happen.

Well it happened just 2 years go.

Aug 1, 2019, 8:41 AM

I think the odds are pretty low, but there are realistic scenarios where it can happen. They do not play in the regular season which makes it much, much more likely. If both are 12-0 heading into the SECCG (pretty darn unlikely) the loser would still have a great shot of getting in. Also possible to have a 2017 situation where one goes 11-1 and loses the division but still gets in. I'm not sure what other teams are capable of going 7-1 in the SECCG and beating them out for a spot in Atlanta, but going into 2017 i never would've imagined Auburn was capable so perhaps somebody will rise up.

Re: Well it happened just 2 years go.

Aug 1, 2019, 9:27 PM

T&C - “If” (which I am not even going to put a probability on for UGA) ... If they both go 12-0 and Alabama loses to UGA I don’t think they get in ... their schedule is light this year (at a preseason glance) and that may hurt them in the end.

TCU and Penn State?

Aug 1, 2019, 8:34 AM

I knew Tebow wasn't a genius, but man those are bad picks. This is probably going to be the worst team Penn State has put on the field in the last 4 years. I understand picking them to make the playoff 2 years ago, but why now?

And TCU is probably an 8-4 type team. Their offense was atrocious last year. Anyone watch the glorious 10-7 OT victory over Cal in the Cheez-It Bowl last year? It had a cult following by the end of the game because of how brutal it was to watch. It was one of those games where the offenses were so bad it became fun.

I'm just penciling in Clemson, Bama, and Oklahoma

Aug 1, 2019, 8:52 AM

right now until one does something to make me lose confidence in them.

Once again I don't see a Pac 12 contender this year. Washington looks to be rebuilding a bit, Oregon isn't ready for a playoff run, and Utah is probably the best team in the south division. I would put 9-3/10-2 ceilings on all of those teams.

In theory this as good of a shot as Michigan is going to have under Harbaugh. I know he gets crapped on a lot and i think his personality makes it easy to pull against him, but Harbaugh has actually done a pretty good job at Michigan. He's gone into the Ohio State game twice with a potential playoff game on the line and lost both times (very close in 2016, not so close last year). This year they get OSU at home and Meyer is gone. The offense just hasn't been good enough under Harbaugh though so new OC Josh Gattis has some work to do.

Honestly though, it's really still Ohio State and Georgia as the top competitors for that last spot for me right now, and i don't see too many fringe teams that are capable of rising up to that level. I guess Notre Dame is still in the mix, but they have to play at UGA early in the season and they have to replace some really key defensive players, and we all saw that they lacked depth behind those guys last year. I don't think ND is at a place where they just reload defensively.

I'm NOT buying Texas as a playoff team. They still have a lot to prove to me before i elevate them to that level. Also not buying LSU until they can score a point against Bama. It is an odd year so i guess Auburn could randomly go 10-2 or something, but picking them as a playoff contender is insane. Florida? No. A&M? LOL, not with that schedule. Anyone else?

Aug 1, 2019, 9:00 AM

Eh, Tebow has always been dumb as a rock. He seems to have had an ~18th percentile SAT and would not have been NCAA eligible without his 3.66 high school GPA (he was homeschooled so make of that what you will). He did poorly on the wonderlic, about 10 points lower than the average Super Bowl winning QB. And then he flamed out in the NFL despite the coaches most famous for making successes out of underdogs and then flamed out of the minors in baseball.

He has to stay relevant somehow and hes doing that by saying that a barely bowl eligible team will.make the playoffs while the defending national champs who have been to the playoffs four years in a row and have an easy schedule won't.

Who?***

Aug 1, 2019, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Dumb as a rock?

Aug 1, 2019, 9:20 AM

I just don't know about this dude.

Tebow blows Collies***

Aug 1, 2019, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 8:21 PM

Y'all don't forget Teblow is an Urban "sniffer" and we know what Urban Liar thinks of our Tigers...cuz ..0-3 and O-H-31-O

....I watch the Natty meagcast every weekend at work...

Aug 1, 2019, 8:26 PM

..after the Pick-6, Tebow looked like he'd seen Bigfoot..just speechless on the sidelines for a good 10 seconds.....

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic