Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Why is Clemson ranked No. 2 in playoff ranking? Total body of work is impressive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Why is Clemson ranked No. 2 in playoff ranking? Total body of work is impressive

Nov 15, 2017, 7:22 AM

Why is Clemson ranked No. 2 in playoff ranking? Total body of work is impressive

Clemson’s season-long body of work continues to impress the College Football Playoff Committee. Clemson improved from fourth to second in the latest College Football Playoff Poll released Tuesday evening. The Tigers have a 9-1 record this season, including a 31-14 win over Florida State last Saturday that clinched the ACC Atlantic Division championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Why is Clemson ranked No. 2 in playoff ranking? Total body of work is impressive

Nov 15, 2017, 7:35 AM

We need to stop talking about the 2015 UM game and score. Different teams on both sides. They don’t need any bulletin board material.

We have a good team that needs to stay playoff ready with the next game is the most important game mentality. Tigers vs Citadel is the first round of the playoffs.

Message was edited by: cgcothran®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Why is Clemson ranked No. 2 in playoff ranking? Total body of work is impressive

Nov 15, 2017, 7:38 AM

I've thought about that game once or twice. But it has NOTHING to do with the upcoming game and I would say Miami is evenly matched with us. If the Miami game was a bowl game with time to prepare, I would feel pretty confident. But since it's the usual one-week of prep, I think it will go right down to the end.

At this pace we might need an additional cemetery***

Nov 15, 2017, 8:38 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: At this pace we might need an additional cemetery***

Nov 15, 2017, 9:04 AM

Hopefully, BUT let's not dig their graves before they die!

We Also Beat A Ranked Louisville Team On The Road Too***

Nov 15, 2017, 10:02 AM

Re: Tigers ranked too high

Nov 15, 2017, 12:26 PM

in my opinion. Since the Va. Tech game consistency is not there. Offensively the "keep your foot on the gas" approach is off. I currently think the Tigers would be more suited with a #5 ranking. If the mindset for the next two games shows they are just going to "mash" the citadel and the chickens in the mouth with no let up then a number 2 ranking will be correct.

Nov 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

If the committee takes injuries into account, than both 'Bama and Clemson have done very well, with both squads hobbled, especially on the defensive side. Last week, Clemson played without Dexter Lawrence, a run stuffer. Yet, they still held FSPU to 21 yds rushing. Kendall Joseph, the leading tackler, was out the entire game. And the secondary has been decimated by injuries. Yet, the Tigers are giving up 14 points a game. Rather remarkable, showing the kind of depth Dabo and company have created. And remember that the special teams have been hurt with Greg Huegel out. Just another reason the committee ranks Clemson #2

Nov 15, 2017, 4:48 PM

I think injuries only count for one game, huegal is out for season might have been taken into account 1 game..

Nov 15, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers ranked too high ]

I think that most are looking at Tony Elliott's inability to keep his foot down and finish off teams in either the 3d or 4 quarter. Yes I believe that we have to play inexperience players to build depth, but I also believe that our coached are acting to quick to obtain that task and allowing teams to score late while making our D look like crap and worn down, and taking away from having that killer in stink. People are seeing that above all bc they are looking for negatives with our team. It's good not to slaughter, but we must look to have that killer in stink that we don't show often enough!!!! Does that sound about right, or is it off base???

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:41 PM

If you really look at the total body of work, not just stats after 10 games, factoring in offensive mechanics and playing talent plus the same on the defensive effort, considering who the Tigers have played, you get an appreciation why we are #2.

The committee made a mistake on GA, imo, because their real basis was ND, which proved a bust. Next, consider Miami vs ND. Maybe Miami is not as strong as maybe apparent because their opponent ND was overestimated.

Ergo, you conclude the Tigers have a stronger body of work than any team except maybe the Tide who are undefeated. That is tenuous, imo, because they play Auburn, who we beat, and who may well overwhelm a hurting Tide defense.

Next 3 games will tell on all fronts, just like it always does.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2017, 9:58 AM

To be honest, I fully expected

1. Alabama
2. Miami
3. Oklahoma
4. Clemson

and would have accepted it, knowing full well that CU-Miami was upcoming and would settle that part one way or the other.

There are still several critical games that will decide the playoff lineup.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic