Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Team Unity Walk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Tiger Team Unity Walk

Nov 28, 2019, 7:52 AM

I would like to share a thought about The Tiger Team Unity Walk .

I wish to propose a modification to performing The Tiger Team Unity Walk. Same message of Tiger Team Unity always!

Since each team is always assigned one half of field on opposite sides of 50 yard line for pregame warmups; either, after or prior to warmups, I suggest that Coach Swinney change the walk to start at the goal line and march to 50 yard line.

This proposal could remove the false notion that Clemson is flaunting their obvious superiority over the childish ‘gamecock’ fans. I feel that reversing the walk would show that The Tigers can perform their walk and show that they are turning their backs to the classless ‘gamecock’ student.

It goes without saying, the proposal should be approved by meeting between coaches and Tiger team captains.

Lee1956

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk

Nov 28, 2019, 8:01 AM

This would be the simple solution.

But it won’t happen because the walk is intended to pump up your home fans and intimidate the away fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 28, 2019, 8:12 AM

Gee, imagine If a team is intimidated by players walking across the field how will they feel when they get their #### handed to them in a peach basket! Gamecocks you’ve got a lot to be concerned about but pregame ain’t one of them.

You continue to prove you’re delusional with every post.

Nov 28, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

“But they TAUNTED us! They were jumping around and raising their arms! We HAD to throw bottles!”

Your university justifies its bad behavior because of other people. That’s the argument a toddler makes. Your university is trash. The entire country knows it.

Clemson 56 UofSC (can’t even call you guys USC anymore, lol) 9.

At least you have women’s basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You continue to prove you’re delusional with every post.***

Nov 28, 2019, 8:21 AM

Me.?.?

Classof09***

Nov 28, 2019, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong.

Nov 28, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

Your loser fans would then falsely claim we are taunting your pathetic players.
Your scared players will falsely claim something about racial slurs.
Everything about you coots is covered in suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Losers always have excuses and someone else to blame.***

Nov 28, 2019, 9:41 AM

nm

You have described almost every game time activity

Nov 28, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

Pretty much everything teams and fans do are designed to pump up fans and intimidate opponents.

Booing these activities is fine.

Throwing things is not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have described almost every game time activity

Nov 28, 2019, 11:50 AM

Pretty much everything teams and fans do are designed to pump up fans and intimidate opponents.

Don't you find it odd that so far you're the only person who responded that acknowledged it's meant to intimidate?

I have no problem admitting our fans shouldn't throw bottles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2019, 12:39 PM

Running down The Hill ... or thru fire extinguishers to get on the field are designed to intimdate.

Otherwise the players would just leisurely saunter out to the sidelines before the game.

Football in general, from start to finish is an exercise in attempted intimidation.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2019, 1:15 PM

I’m not disagreeing with you.

Your fellow tiger fans are.

Nov 28, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

Man the gamecocks are a bunch of snowflake crybabies. Good lord! ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has been doing this for nearly 20 years...

Nov 28, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

and it have never been a problem ANYWHERE but uof5c. Gee I wonder why !?!?!

You are right about one thing. The solution is simple. Stop rationalizing and justifying the inappropriate conduct of your trailer trash fan base, and actually do something to stop it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LMAO..."intimidate away fans."

Nov 28, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

Y'all really are some whiny #######.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classof09 ..... as usual you have no idea what

Nov 28, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

you are talking about. The "unity walk" has nothing to do with either pumping up our fanbase or intimidating our opponents fans. It is for the team to show its unity and that's it. You might consider posting that BS on FGF with your buddies Manifold (a pure unadulterated delusional idiot), Sports Suite (dittos as per Manifold) and Natural 7 (the biggest outright liar among all the other liars there).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classof09 ..... as usual you have no idea what

Nov 28, 2019, 11:47 AM

Why do you need to show unity?

Is there a concern your team isn't unified?

Nov 28, 2019, 1:10 PM

Why not? Only one snowflake program seems to have any problem with it... Welcome to TEAM sports. Maybe your soft fans need to just stay in their safe spaces until warm ups are over.

Nov 28, 2019, 1:16 PM

Seems like our fans are actually too hard for you guys. Which is why you’re whining about them.

Nov 28, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Classof09 ..... as usual you have no idea what ]

Why do you think you are an authority on what our team needs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2019, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk ]

Sounds like to me, Cootof09, that when the Tigers do the walk of champions they have succeeded in getting in all your heads. Since the current streak started, the Tigers are living rent free in those little chicken brain heads.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To quote the great movie Office Space

Nov 28, 2019, 8:13 AM

No.***

Nov 28, 2019, 8:22 AM

Nov 28, 2019, 8:24 AM

Then that would be seen as taunting the other team and probably lead the undisciplined coots to start a pregame altercation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about we March to the endzone except

Nov 28, 2019, 8:33 AM

when we get there we KICK A LIVE CHICKEN!

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO! Carolina Gamecocks to HELL with you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think the solution here is for...

Nov 28, 2019, 8:38 AM

1) SCofU to get better at football.
2) SCofU to have a serious talk with Todd Ellis about what he should and shouldn’t say. Between this and the cycling in comments, he’s really not doing SCofU any favors.
3) SCofU to have a serious talk with their coach/players about what they should/shouldn’t say. Between “never again”, “not that much better than us or better than us at all.”, and “game on”, they're really not doing SCofU any favors.
4) SCofU to hire a real coach. No team in America, that takes football seriously, would have hired Will Muschamp after what happened at Florida. And no team in America, that takes football seriously, would still have him as a coach at this point, given his record at SCofU.

Bottom line, SCofU just does not take football as seriously as we do, and it shows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

My goodness. Are we becoming that soft as a Nation?

Nov 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

That we have to have a football team walk a certain way so as not to trigger fans into throwing something at the players and coaches on the field?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My goodness. Are we becoming that soft as a Nation?

Nov 28, 2019, 8:51 AM

You have to consider the intellect of the fan base we are concerned with in this delicate situation,

Nov 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

...and under this proposed solution, what do you think will happen when the Tigers get to the 50 and start jumping around. I'll tell you. A big fight will breakout when the coot players feel like they're being taunted.

Which is why we walk to endzone...away from opposing players

Nov 28, 2019, 8:43 AM

But what truly amazes me is how this is done at every single game (home, away, bowl, playoffs) for 15+ years and it is NEVER an issue....except in Columbia.

When you are the only school that has a fan base that acts like that....the problem is YOU. Not Clemson.

Re: Which is why we walk to endzone...away from opposing players

Nov 28, 2019, 1:12 PM

But wait... It wasn't even a problem in Columbia, until they were the one losing and not in the National picture. They didn't have a problem in Columbia with it during their 5 best glory years.

Re: Which is why we walk to endzone...away from opposing players

Nov 28, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Which is why we walk to endzone...away from opposing players ]

As a professional, you should know better than this logic.

"You're the only person that took offense to my joke. Clearly the problem is with YOU!"

- Said every person who makes inappropriate comments.

They have been like that for a long time

Nov 28, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Which is why we walk to endzone...away from opposing players ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deon Cain TAUNTED them! He pointed to the sky!!!!

Nov 28, 2019, 3:36 PM

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" - Todd Ellis

We should absolutely give in to our rival

We don't want to upset them. Ellis was right, it is our fault they threw bottles at us.

Neal_in_NC Class of '87 and '89

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usc administration needs to make an example out of anyone throwing anything on the field and kick their ### out . Also could pull their tickets from future events . Need to quit making excuses for bad behavior. We as a country need to hold people accountable for their actions. My parents would cut my back side if I acted out but today’s society looks the other way. Time to go back to the wood shed and cut that ###

usc administration needs to make an example out of anyone throwing anything on the field and kick their ### out . Also could pull their tickets from future events . Need to quit making excuses for bad behavior. We as a country need to hold people accountable for their actions. My parents would cut my back side if I acted out but today’s society looks the other way. Time to go back to the wood shed and cut that ###

Nov 28, 2019, 8:50 AM

Tell me you're kidding. Tell me you're not seriously considering a) changing something we have done for 20 years because they're "triggered" and b) you stupid suggestion would mean walking toward the other team...
Wow...worst post ever!

Nov 28, 2019, 8:53 AM

Good thought. I think the march TOWARD the end zone may signify that is the goal of the team...The End Zone. My solution for USC is quite simple...just move the student section elsewhere...it's only occupied for the first half anyway.

No Sir. I propose we DON'T CHANGE a thing because a few

Nov 28, 2019, 8:56 AM

Prima Donnas got their panties in a wad. They can adjust their mindset.

An even better idea...

Nov 28, 2019, 9:13 AM

Don't change a thing. Not one thing. Do it as if there was never a controversy at all. After all, its not about "them". Its about us and our preparation for the game. Any capitulation to their demands of change is in some respect an admission that it is provoking or in some way offensive.

Re: An even better idea...

Nov 28, 2019, 9:38 AM

I am actually surprised the students are in the stadium early enough to see the walk!

Nov 28, 2019, 9:45 AM

First we gave the balloons to the snowflakes and now you want give The Victory Walk to a bunch of sniveling coots. Get this mess out of here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a good idea... NEVER turn your back on a Coot...

Nov 28, 2019, 9:45 AM

...too risky in public.

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nov 28, 2019, 9:49 AM

NO COWARDLY WAY, SNOWFLAKE. The only ones who have a problem with our Unity Walk are the coots. I’ll be dammed if I will knuckle under to those sorry $@;&@$. They need to grow up and grow pair.

Nov 28, 2019, 10:03 AM

Fighting Chicken fanbase always wants to complain about something besides the game. 3 years ago they violated our prep space to start a 'fight', and then complained about a home boy using the 'n' word to describe their behavior. Anything to avoid talking about the worst beatdown an ACC team ever gave an SEC one.

They should take the "Fighting" outta their nickname and replace it with "Whining".

My daughter, proud grad of USC's grad School of Medicine, agrees that the undergrads are the whiniest and most insecure she has been around. She has studied at 4 different colleges, so it's NOT just a generational thing. I'll cut her some slack when she says the grad students are embarrassed by the behavior of the faux adults.

They'd just throw trash at the beginning instead of the end.***

Nov 28, 2019, 10:12 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Team Unity Walk- wont happen / shouldnt happen

Nov 28, 2019, 10:42 AM

we do it how we do it. This is much more Toad trying to stir things up than Mus. Keep doing it how we do it. It doesnt hurt or impact them one bit. And do not be drawn into any of their antics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2019, 4:07 PM

I propose we do a team unity walk after every touchdown.

On second thought...that would be too much walking...

Silly IDea! Keep It How It Is!

Nov 28, 2019, 4:49 PM

Keep doing the Tiger Walk how we do it.

Funny even to classless Nancy St. fans don't act quite this bad! Nobody else does except the Chickens! Grow up South Carolina Gamecocks fans! Grow up!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2019, 11:20 PM

Don’t alter what we do because fans throw bottles. We worry about us. Let them worry about bottle throwers.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic