Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft?

Dec 17, 2020, 3:04 AM

I think he was better when he competed/filled in for Hyatt. Seems to me like he has been more of a fill the role man last couple years versus being a force. I think he has all the tools but the drive is a little lacking. He can leave this year and he could do ok at the combine but I think 1 more year of dedicated work and he could be first round. Right now, Im not sure he is 5th or 6th round.

What y'all think, he stays to improve stock? Or does he try to show up in next 3 games and step out? I think he needs another year of weights, hard work and he could step up to a low maybe mid first round.

Am I missing something? I like the guy with his Ukulele and singing, but he could protect DJ Ugkulele(just for fun), since Carmen actually plays it and sings, but does Carmen come back 1 more yr? I think he should!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft?

Dec 17, 2020, 4:09 AM

He needs to come back. He hasn’t helped his draft stock at all this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 5:55 AM

I agree. I would think his projection will be rounds 3-5

Another year could move him back into 1-2 territory

Dec 17, 2020, 6:07 AM

You guys are wrong. He will likely be a second round pick, and coming back will not ensure he goes round 1. He will likely project to RT in the NFL, and his size and his work against Chase Young is going to entice many teams. He will be turning pro after this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One game does not make a career

Dec 17, 2020, 6:11 AM

He dominated CY, but has been average at best for a majority of his other games. Work ethic and tenacity need a lot of improvement if he is going to be even considered as an upper level draft pick. He takes a lot of plays off and has had a significant number of penalties instead of dominating opponents.

I'll side with ClemTig..Carmen is gone after this season.***

Dec 17, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft? ]

He has not performed as well as Hyatt and we all know what happened with him and the draft.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 7:31 AM

Hyatt did not have the size or athleticism of Carmen.

Carmen dominated a DE that was drafted top 5 and is wrecking the NFL.

I am telling you guys, he WILL NOT LAST through round 2.

Can we come back and revisit this thread after the draft? I’ll eat crow if wrong. I expect the same from all of you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 7:47 AM

I’m sorry but there is no way he will be drafted in the second round unless he finishes the year with three dominating performances. He was great in the Fiesta Bowl, but has been pretty bad this year. Literally nobody is talking about him being a high draft pick. He may decide to leave and gamble, but he definitely needs another year in college.

And yes I will come back and admit if I was wrong, as it’s happened plenty of times in my life. I hope he does get drafted high.

Dec 17, 2020, 7:57 AM

“ Literally nobody is talking about him being a high draft pick”

You have vast time and resources to know what everyone is saying about him.

Here is what Pro Football Focus is saying about him-

“Carman is an ox of a left tackle at 6-foot-5, 335 pounds. He's improved in pass protection, as well, with only four pressures allowed on the season.”

High draft pick is a nebulous term. I told you he would not last into round 3. I stand by that statement.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:26 AM

NFL desperately needs olineman every year. He’s one of the best in the country. 2nd rounder for sure. Though a 1st round pick wouldn’t surprise me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft? ]

He might because of potential, but he's not a finished product.

He can line up and blow somebody off the ball, but he's got some significant issues in pass pro that likely get magnified when the NFL puts him under a microscope.

He's got every physical tool, though.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:50 AM

quozzel, through the years your opinions have been proven correct more often than not, so I certainly respect them. The NFL want production and athleticism most of all. But if the choice is production OR athleticism at a premium position, they will pick athleticism every time. Carmen plays a premium position. He has athleticism that is off the charts. He has proven he CAN do it, though sometimes he doesn't. The NFL teams will think they can fix him. He will be drafted higher than most think.

H6att was 5* and went undrafted

Dec 17, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on #79 Jackson Carmen and draft? ]

That still bothers me. Like many of you all already mentioned Carman may not have helped himself much. I am afraid that will make him slip. Keep wondering if this is why people like Tristan Leigh are holding back!

Dec 17, 2020, 9:30 AM

Historically speaking we haven't had many offensive lineman go high in the draft, and even though Carman had a nice performance against CY last year in the Fiesta Bowl, I think he has been underwhelming at best this year. I think he will come back next year, in an attempt to raise his draft stock in what I hope is a "normal" year for football. If he was to leave I could see him going in the fourth or fifth round similar to a Treymane Anchrum or John Simpson. It is in his best interest to stay and work on his craft before elevating to the next level.

Jackson Carmen has disappointed this year

Dec 17, 2020, 10:35 AM

His inconsistency with pass blocking and penalties in 2020 comes as a surprise. I think it's lack of focus and he still has a high upside.

A big part of his draft grade will be workouts and measurements. If he gets into top shape and kills those, he'll be taken no later than round 2.

I think film will showcase both his talent and mental lapses so his combine and pro days are pivotal to everything. They'll tell the NFL how serious and dedicated he is.

Re: Jackson Carmen has disappointed this year

Dec 17, 2020, 11:09 AM

I would hope he would take a final year to focus and show he can improve on his every play
dependability.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jackson Carmen has disappointed this year

Dec 17, 2020, 12:00 PM

That would be ideal for us. We could move Walker Parks over to starting RT and have two key positions locked down.

ALL of the OL guys need to go to a Venables Boot Camp

Dec 17, 2020, 11:54 AM

He will get them kickin' A and taking names with a mean & nasty streak in them.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic