Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thought on Burch, Opinions please
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Thought on Burch, Opinions please

Nov 19, 2019, 4:33 PM

I'm just posting this to get some opinions. Do we really want Burch? I have my reservations when we could easily fill that spot with a kid like Foreman next year and the depth we have on the line coming in. I just think its weird how his recruitment keeps flip-flopping around, and the seeming indecisiveness. I recently (in the last 6 years) played in the same exact region he plays in in high school. I know for a fact there is ZERO competition or worry of playing time for him. I just worry there will be some entitlement, "I need to start day one" attitude. Just some thoughts I've had with his recruitment and was interested to hear other thoughts. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought on Burch, Opinions please

Nov 19, 2019, 4:34 PM

If the coaches have offered, then we want them....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 4:36 PM

Fair, the coaching staff seems to hit 9.99 times out of 10. But we offered Belk too. I know Belk was a one off, but I can't help but think of that situation.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:38 PM

I'm ready for his recruitment to end but let's not get ahead of ourselves and say that he has been flipflopping around. He hasn't said #### as far as who he wants to go, then committed, then backed off and committed somewhere else. He has done it the right way, evaluating his options and making sure his decision is sound. He's the no 2 recruit in the nation so yes it will look like drama but he has shown no drama from his camp.

Most on 247 and other sites think he is coming here and has now made his decision. Remember Dabo doesn't like recruits to take official visits while committed so he could have already given a silent and took his officials elsewhere but wasn't ready to go public with it yet and Dabo told him to hold off.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:43 PM

Yeah, so I'm with Walrus. I'm not really even referring to the amount of time he has taken. More so going off of stuff I've been hearing from around the region.

Nov 19, 2019, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Thought on Burch, Opinions please ]

He hasn't taken an official visit, nor has he been to a single Clemson home game this season. That alone tells me that he isn't all that interested in Clemson other than the allin picnic with loads of good free food and other top recruits that were interested in Clemson. I hate asking but, what was his real reasons for showing up at the picnic with a ton of the top players at the allin picnic, Was he recruiting for Clemson, I think not with no more interest than he has actually shown in Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 4:40 PM

I really have no problem with a young man who wants to keep things close and not really do a lot of interviews. I think he will be a Tiger, either us or LSU but this is just an opinion based on second hand stuff I have heard, not real knowledge.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:41 PM

Burch has never flip flopped around. He's never hinted as to where he's going. I respect the young man and the privacy he's wanted throughout the recruiting process. As far as him being an elite player. Once he gets into a college weight training program and college coaches teach him better technique etc. He'll be star. With that said. I think he'll be a Clemson Tiger. Good luck to him where ever he lands.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:45 PM

I agree with that as well. I don't want this to be misconstrued as I'm questioning his decision making or questioning his camp keeping things close to the vest. I'd definitely rather get him and see how it pans out instead of missing him and he's a star.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:53 PM

He is worth the effort, He is originally from Florence area and played with XT as a freshman and they still communicate. Regardless of the talent you are playing against you either have it or you don't. He is a very humble kid and is very respectful. I met him earlier this season after a jamboree and kidded him about picking Clemson and he just smiled and I said make the best choice for your future and he said Yes Sir. They are not a family that doesn't want a lot of drama and have kept things at a close level and if you recall all that XT went through prior to his announcement of Clemson and all the backlash that came with it and still continues.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 5:02 PM

I wouldn't be a bit suprised that he learned from XT's experience, and that's the reason he has been so silent during the recruiting process. Smart young man.

Yeah, he may have a head start in the classroom

Nov 19, 2019, 5:20 PM

but he will be in for an awakening practicing at Clemson. It is a legitimate concern. Jeff Scott and I both went through that same high school. Jeff after me. I know what they're doing. It's no coincidence they have the states best bball player a few years back and not 2 of the top 3 football recruits. But they are huge guys, and huge talents, playing among FAR inferior competition. Honestly if I were scouting them I'd have trouble making any determination based on their play unless they go up against someone good on the other side. At Hammond they can rack up massive stats and highlight videos, which certainly wouldn't have been as impressive against large public schools. Then they have a classroom advantage there, which is a plus.

But Seventh Woods dropped out of Duke. I'd wager these guys at Hammond are very good, but not as good as their recruiting ratings indicate. Their stats are padded by playing teams and opponents of FAR lesser talent. Wherever these two go, and I know one is going to USC, just watch them. You may find them not starting, and/or not being as good as their recruiting hype. I may be wrong too. But having played at Hammond and knowing the competition, they'd have to prove themselves to me against some other monsters from large schools. That nationally ranked team they played on ESPN from PA whipped them pretty good.

Your concern is well placed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7th Woods went to

Nov 19, 2019, 5:49 PM

UNC...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 7:44 PM

Jordan Burch is proving silence can be very powerful. The emotions displayed in some of the discussions here the last 3 months prove that.

He and his family have earned my respect and I'll keep close track wherever he goes.

Not sure how much we need him. The idea of getting Bryan Bresee and Myles Murphy in the same class is just insane to think about. But if Burch is another Joey Bosa, you better believe we want him.

If he doesn't take an official visit, that proves to me Clemson isn't his choice. Good luck to him regardless.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic