Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This years offense vs last year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

This years offense vs last year...

Oct 1, 2017, 11:27 PM

I LOVE the new identity on offense. Seems like we finally have, or are a lot closer to, that smash mouth spread that Dabo has wanted to run. Feaster worked his tail off in the off season to bulk up and it has payed off. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This years offense vs last year...

Oct 1, 2017, 11:32 PM

We're a little to smash mouth and not enough spread right now. But we have several game to work on that

Oct 2, 2017, 2:03 AM

The playcalling hasn't been a problem. We are undefeated. Don't be that guy that picks at things and thinks he has solutions from the stands

Oct 1, 2017, 11:42 PM

Our O has not been great at all this season but with not many Turnovers it has been good enough.

Do you not realize that play calling is

Oct 1, 2017, 11:59 PM

Dictated by the score and flow of the game? We completely shut down the offense after the 2nd possession of the 2nd half with the score 24 to 3. Bryant has more than shown he can throw downfield, wait until this team takes the field after the open week. This team is getting better each week and the offense will hit another level very soon they're very close to puttting it all together.

Re: Do you not realize that play calling is

Oct 2, 2017, 1:49 AM

I get that but playing to sit on a lead does not make for entertaining viewing and can sometimes bite you. I just get the feeling that in spite of the coaches effusive praise, they don't really trust Kelly yet.

I do realize it may be all about winning for coaches and most fans but I think I'd be much less enthusiastic if we were winning this big with Paul Johnson's offense. I want to win AND be entertained and we are more than capable of doing that with Kelly.

For example- let's say we go up three scores against SCar and similarly shut it down? I think we'd all be a little disappointed that we didn't bloody their mouths and make them eat rock salt if we were clearly on track to do just that. Wasn't last year more satisfying as an epic beating?

The only thing in football I hold in lower regard than getting dinked to death by playing prevent defense is doing the dinking ourselves in a prevent offense.

Oct 2, 2017, 4:07 AM [ in reply to Re: This years offense vs last year... ]

Let's see. Several on here seem to think they'd rather be "entertained" than be undefeated and clearly the best team in the land! What a freaking joke. For the last time, defense wins games and always has and always will. A few years ago we lost games because we did not have a smash mouth defense which we have now. Our O is just fine. Give them time to fully develop and quit the darn gripping. You people on here remind me of a bunch of old ladies--never happy.

It is rather apparent that few on here know a ### thing about sports let alone football. It takes time for a team to fully jell and we are getting there so be happy we're 5-0 and quit the ### complaining.Anybody with half a brain knew that KB was not going to be the passer than DW was--not even close. But he brings other skills that DW did not have in the running game. Most of you on here are too young to remember the great teams at Oklahoma, Penn State, even Alabama, Nebraska, S Cal, etc.etc. all of whom had one thing in common. They ran the ball and "dictated" the tempo of the game with their D.

Tnet reminds me of a bunch of little kids at times with the constant complaining, whining and moaning over minor things. We're 5-0. Just went thru September undefeated and on our way to an ACC title and then to the playoffs. Most of you non here have absolutely no ideas what an amazing accomplishment that is given what we lost from last year's time. Time to thank the man above that we have the best coaching staff in America. Period. End of discussion. and they're doing a great job. Wow this place amazes me with its ignorance of what sports is really like and how truly fortunate we are to have what we have and be where we are at this time in our season.

A ONE-PONY Show!

Oct 1, 2017, 11:44 PM

Doesn"t anyone else see that we are a one-pony show right now? Bryant ran probably 2/3 of the plays himself. We have some of the best receivers running routes that are fruitless... They are swindling their thumbs! We can not be competitive with Ala or Georg. when we get behind or in a close game. Ask yourself... could this team take us down the field in that game winning score in the Nat. Camp. with our present play...NO! Lamar has taught us that even a great runner cannot win a game against a great defense. Bryant MUST hone his skills as a passer, short and long!

We can beat UGA today ... Bama IDK

Oct 1, 2017, 11:58 PM

KB and O have time to grow, and coaches have decided not to pass. IMHO you are right ... coaches and KB will have to even it up with run/pass for us to compete against Bama. And team has time to work on it starting this week vs. Wake. Hopefully Cain, among the best college WR's in nation, will get some touches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really wonder about your feeling about the team in 1998...

Oct 2, 2017, 1:17 AM [ in reply to A ONE-PONY Show! ]

if that's how you feel today.

Our WRs are "swindling" their thumbs?

Oct 2, 2017, 7:12 AM [ in reply to A ONE-PONY Show! ]

Welcome to the latest T-Net malapropism, LOL.

We have some of the best receivers running routes that are fruitless... They are swindling their thumbs!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots have trouble with spelling when they get excited

Oct 2, 2017, 8:39 AM

Bless their chicken hearts.

thanks

Oct 2, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Our WRs are "swindling" their thumbs? ]

I learned another word

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 2, 2017, 5:18 AM

I believe that are chances of going all the way are great. I think that we are fortunate to have the coaching staff that we have. Are they perfect? No. They do work well together, and the team responds to their coaching. This team has a different identity and chemistry than last years team. It doesn't matter how they win as long as they find a way to win, and overcome the adversity of the moment. KB is a tough competitor and the team has got his back. I hope they don't read this bs that is constantly posted by a bunch of hacks that couldn't manage a 2 hole outhouse much less a championship caliber fb team. This team will win 10 plus games for the 7th straight year and it would not surprise me if they are 15 - 0 at the end of this season. If they don't, it will not change my love for the Tigers. They have been my team for 53 years now. I am have been pulling for them when beating Carolina was considered a winning season. It has been quite a refreshing change to see a man of faith come in cultivate a winning culture, and delvop a program that believes in each other and that acts upon their beliefs. They are recruiting great athletes and young men, and preparing them for life after Clemson. Go Tiger National Champs 2017 (15-0) Leave No Doubt

Oct 2, 2017, 5:53 AM

Arctic: Fine post. Yes, you are correct IMO we have a great chance to win it all again. Long way to go but the basics are in place and we will be working on fine tuning this team.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic