Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This team has 5 of our top 20 all time recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,155

This team has 5 of our top 20 all time recruits

Jan 30, 2020, 1:12 PM

If you include Mack who would have been a top 10 seeing he was a 4 star. I don't think many teams that we play or have played are more talented than we are. I see all these post about our effort and that we play good team ball but we are not skilled. That just isn't true. Our starters and bench player for player looked more athletic and skilled than Cuse in my eyes. Not sure why this team was expected to be so bad. This is arguably the most talented team we have had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This team has 5 of our top 20 all time recruits

Jan 30, 2020, 1:16 PM

Expectations were low because the highest rated players on the team are either transfers or freshmen.

I think everybody has high hopes for the freshmen but don't expect Clemson basketball recruits to be ready for ACC play immediately.

I also think Clemson fans have fairly low expectations for transfer players because we have seen that they didn't work at other schools and we feel like we are settling for somebody else's leftovers at best.

Some of Brownell's transfers have turned out to be really good players for us, but I think Clemson fans typically want to see it on the court before we believe it will happen.

Seems like Brownwell's transfer have a good success

Jan 30, 2020, 1:21 PM

rate with us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like Brownwell's transfer have a good success

Jan 30, 2020, 1:29 PM

I feel like we have had good success with the guys who come early in their career and stay with the team 2 or 3 years.

I don't feel like we have had a ton of success with older transfers with the exception of a guy filling a small role off of the bench.

That is just going off of memory and my feeling. Statistics may not support how I feel about that.

I thin Mack is the main one people looked at and questioned taking a guy who had bounced around and how he would work for us.

Shelton Mitchell, Marcquise Reed and Elijah Thomas

Jan 30, 2020, 3:46 PM

say hello.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shelton Mitchell, Marcquise Reed and Elijah Thomas

Jan 30, 2020, 6:43 PM

He said we have success with guys that come early and stay a few years. Mack is only here for 1 year.

Mack seems to be doing ok, but i would expect most

Jan 31, 2020, 2:29 PM

1 year guys not to work at a high rate.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

Jan 30, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: This team has 5 of our top 20 all time recruits ]

I understand for sure and losing Mitchell, Reed, and Thomas who were our core was scary. Newman, Simms, and Mack are arguably a better trio tho. I wouldn't say they are right now but talent wise they may be.

Jan 30, 2020, 1:38 PM

We may be talented, but there was a lot of wounded talent at the beginning of the season, and we had to play the bench of lesser talent and no depth, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 1:44 PM

Trapp being out hurt us a ton even tho many on here think he is no good.

Jan 30, 2020, 9:02 PM

Then we have next year's recruiting class too. Brad is starting to see the benefits of the facility upgrade as well as getting past the lost recruiting year of playing in Greenville.

Talent wise we ARE good

Jan 31, 2020, 3:39 PM

I think the argument is the WAY we play

Enough of that has been said, but one day we're beating Duke, Cuse look'in good ... then we play an "ok" team and lose by 10...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic