Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot...

Aug 13, 2017, 5:34 AM

"Deshaun taught us a valuable lesson in that you have to build the system around the quarterback first. Each QB is going to have their own flavor and then within the package you basically have plays that kinda fit all the different personalities. But there are core fundamentals of our offense we have to run.”

Why do I think we will run the option this year?

Because we have Kelly Bryant & Tavien Feaster in the backfield. that's what they are built for. we won't be Ga Tech, but it will be a staple, & it will open up the passing lanes for huge chunk plays.

Get ready for it, cause it will be a thing of beauty

Here's the rest of the article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2017/08/10/clemson-hunter-renfrow-crush-alabama-national-title/556467001/

Go Tigers! #Option #OldSchool??

???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot...

Aug 13, 2017, 6:35 AM

We have been running option for a few yrs now. Read option. Some speed option. If we tried triple option who would you suppose would be the A back? Wilkins would be a beast

Aug 13, 2017, 7:43 AM

Can't see Wilkins playing A-back. Not near enough speed for the edge. B-back maybe but then how do you format that in a spread scheme? It's hilarious sometimes reading the stuff some of y'all come up with.

Aug 13, 2017, 3:56 PM

I was being sarcastic about the triple option. I never see us running that

I don't believe we have been running a true read option

Aug 13, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

It had all the window dressing of a read option...but I never got the impression that Watson was actually reading his keys and deciding to hand off or run.

It was pre-set by play call that he was going to run, or to hand off. He was not reading it...imo.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I always called it the fake read option.***

Aug 13, 2017, 1:08 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't believe we have been running a true read option

Aug 13, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I don't believe we have been running a true read option ]

I don't agree with that. The read play is designed to do exactly what it says, make a read. You can't read if a DE is going to crash down or stay home on pre snap. Even on those plays where Deshaun would ride the hand off down the line, he is reading the d line and linebackers to see if they are going to get washed away with the flow of the play or if they stay home

Aug 13, 2017, 3:51 PM

> I don't agree with that. The read play is designed to
> do exactly what it says, make a read. You can't read
> if a DE is going to crash down or stay home on pre
> snap. Even on those plays where Deshaun would ride
> the hand off down the line, he is reading the d line
> and linebackers to see if they are going to get
> washed away with the flow of the play or if they stay
> home

I think Watson was told to hand the ball of on a lot of those plays to force the issue on the runs up the middle & develope toughness.

Against NC State & Pitt we could have had a field day if Watson keeps the ball & it almost cost us by not doing so. Over the long haul it helped us because we def played tough against BAMA & OSU, but it did almost cost us & did cost us against PITT.

With KB at the helm I see us running a more true read option because we don't have the leeway we had with DW4 back there.

If he cuts down his It's to less than 10 & is more effective in the run game than we were last year the our Offensive efficiency will get us a successful season, because the defense will be better this year.

We will hit big plays when they present themselves, but this year's Offense will be about protecting the ball, & getting to to our playmakers in space.

We are going to wear on teams & it's going to be fun to watch.

Go Tigers!

???

Aug 13, 2017, 3:51 PM

develop**

Aug 30, 2017, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't believe we have been running a true read option ]

^^^^I'm with NFLU on this one. If DW4 wasn't doing a true RPO, then he sure had me fooled. I can't count the times that the broadcasters stated how DW4 read the D player and made the right decision. If they were faking it, they sure guessed right a bunch of times. I'm not buying the 'fake' nonsense. We will have to agree to disagree.

Aug 13, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

Choice or Feaster would be the best choices for the A back, but we are NOT going under center and running the traditional triple option more than 1% of our offensive plays.

But Choice or Cain would be your QB - IT AIN'T HAPPENING!!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 13, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

Choice as fullback & Feaster at Tailback

Etienne and Fuller have the low center of gravity & burst that would make them good fullbacks as well. Etienne would be by the linebackers before they could blink.

Go Tigers!

???

Aug 13, 2017, 6:41 AM

What about Cooper or Johnson under center and Bryant in the backfield? That could create some very strange problems for a defense. Never know when that ball could be thrown. It's nice having talent all over the place.

Aug 13, 2017, 6:13 PM

We have Brice as well. Wasn't he highly ranked

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 29, 2017, 10:04 PM

4 star out of State Champion Grayson High School, 7A school in Georgia. Four year starter

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 7:21 AM

About 5 or 6 of our talented WR's (that play for "Wide Receiver U") just went "huh?".

Aug 13, 2017, 8:20 AM

Squelch this triple option stuff. Ain't happenin at WRU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 8:26 AM
image.jpg(100.2 K)

You are correct and these unsuspecting people are being trolled by a chicken whose handle used to be CaptainStoudt before he was banned. His real hero is Jake Bentley.

^^^ Great pic Smack!

Aug 13, 2017, 11:41 AM

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

Gonna have to accuse Tony Elliot of trolling the fan base when we run the option vs Auburn & Louisville with great success.

Go Tigers!

???

Aug 13, 2017, 4:11 PM

We're not running the triple option dude. That's what the above poster said. We do run the read option but we are not completely overhauling our offense.

Aug 13, 2017, 4:21 PM

> We're not running the triple option dude. That's what
> the above poster said. We do run the read option but
> we are not completely overhauling our offense.

I agree, although it would work well with our personnel & I wouldn't completely rule it out.

We will run various versions of the speed option with Feaster & our WR's taking tge pitch from KB.

I know you're mad that I'm gonna be right about this, but you're just gonna have to accept it.

How about when we do run the option 5+ times vs Auburn with great success, instead of rubbing it in & saying #IToldYouSo, how bout ijust go ahead name you as Prezidente in waiting of my fan club for next year?

It's kind of a big deal, & you'll need to live up to the standard that ClemAlum07 & EL Clash have set, but I think with a little more effort you would make a great representative.

#HowBoutDat?

Go Tigers!

???

5+ times for an offense running 90+ plays

Aug 13, 2017, 4:32 PM

is hardly saying much.

As numerous other posters have already mentioned, the "option", as you vaguely refer to it, has already been part of our offense and will continue to be.

The low bar that you set of "5+ times" is just so that you can gloat after we run essentially the same offense that we have.

^ Exactly ^***

Aug 13, 2017, 4:58 PM

Re: 5+ times for an offense running 90+ plays

Aug 13, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to 5+ times for an offense running 90+ plays ]

your argument is fiction. we ran the option about 6 times last year. if that.

I'm saying we are going to run it around 6 times a game, & probably more in big games because if we get the right look & matchup with KB & Feaster it will be unstoppable & produce big plays.

hardly the same offense, & I have never said we were not going to throw the ball. I'm just saying we will be known for it this year because it suits our talent.

then after we run it with success we will go to the option pass & reverses to Ray Ray & Cornell Powell.

probably 1 reverse a game in meaningful games & 2-3 option passes

So let's say 6 speed options + 1 reverse + 2 Option passes = 9

We averaged 82 plays last year & will probably average about the same this year.

9/82 = 11 percent of plays

compared to 1/82 at best last year 1 percent

imo we will run option oriented plays 10x more than last year because of our personnel, & it will be very effective

same base offense, but plays tailored to KB because that's what good OC's do. Just like Tony Elliot said

tempo tempo tempo

#CantWait

Go Tigers!

???

PS - You wanna be Vice EL Prezidente?

What do you consider an option?

Aug 14, 2017, 10:23 AM

please give video examples. you mention a reverse, but that's usually not an option. it's a designed misdirection playcall. there is no read-man or option of whether or not to run the reverse. for the most part once a reverse is called, it's run.

as for your statement, "we ran the option about 6 times last year", it couldn't be further from the truth. are you familiar with the term RPO? specifically what the O in RPO stands for?

He probably means when we simply pitch the ball to an RB

Aug 29, 2017, 4:24 PM

instead of a straight handoff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2017, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

> You are correct and these unsuspecting people are
> being trolled by a chicken whose handle used to be
> CaptainStoudt before he was banned. His real hero is
> Jake Bentley.

clash agrees that we are gonna run the option

You & fencebusters will come around eventually

Go Tigers!

?????

Funny stuff! Can you imagine our recruiting looking

Aug 13, 2017, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

like GT??

Re: Funny stuff! Can you imagine our recruiting looking

Aug 30, 2017, 7:23 AM

Not running the triple option

stop typing and talking

Aug 13, 2017, 11:46 AM

now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

What ...

Aug 13, 2017, 4:10 PM

No bubble screen ?

Will we use a center to snap it or will a guard pop it in the direction of a back depending on the play call ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 29, 2017, 2:03 PM

bump

Go Tigers!

Aug 29, 2017, 3:16 PM

I see a new system next year built around TL

Aug 29, 2017, 3:23 PM

Can't believe this thread got as much as it got. Clemson is NOT shelving their offense. IF KB can't run it, run Cooper or Johnson in there. Fact is, Lawrence is coming in next year and can run this offense perfectly. KB can too. He doesn't have to prove it to anyone except the coaches. We are NOT changing our offense to fit KB. They will, however, make play calls that will fit his style more. I believe he will be a better passer than Tigernet arm chair coaches think.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2017, 3:30 PM

> Can't believe this thread got as much as it got.
> Clemson is NOT shelving their offense. IF KB can't
> run it, run Cooper or Johnson in there. Fact is,
> Lawrence is coming in next year and can run this
> offense perfectly. KB can too. He doesn't have to
> prove it to anyone except the coaches. We are NOT
> changing our offense to fit KB. They will, however,
> make play calls that will fit his style more. I
> believe he will be a better passer than Tigernet arm
> chair coaches think.

""Deshaun taught us a valuable lesson in that you have to build the system around the quarterback first."

Signed,
Tony Elliot (The guy calling the plays)

Go Tigers!

???

Message was edited by: The Greatest??

Aug 29, 2017, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

I don't think he will red shirt, but more than likely the offense won't be built around him till his Sophmore year once Kelly Bryant leaves. imo

Go Tigers!

???

Aug 29, 2017, 3:23 PM

Its really sad how much you troll this board with your over the top nonsense.

How many accounts have you had now?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

mods must be napping***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:28 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: mods must be napping***

Aug 29, 2017, 3:34 PM

Like I said. The offense will not change. You will see. Then you can go back to your fantasy coot forum and think up more fake news topics.

Re: mods must be napping***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:59 AM

> Like I said. The offense will not change. You will
> see. Then you can go back to your fantasy coot forum
> and think up more fake news topics.

Tony Elliot said different, he's the one calling the plays. Only a coot would argue with our coaches.

Don't be a coot

Go Tigers!

???

Aug 29, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: This quote from Tony Elliot says a lot... ]

> Its really sad how much you troll this board with
> your over the top nonsense.
>
> How many accounts have you had now?

2. Captain Stoudt & this one. CptStd is banned

Y'all started calling me a coot when I said DW4 was Joe Montana 2.0 & Cornell Powell is like Michael Irving.

Then Tigernet did an article interviewing Sam Wyche & he said the same thing. Then Dabo said it, then all the NFL people...

I can't help I got it like that boyz. No need to get upset.

Just sit back & watch as CP17 takes off this year now that he knows the offense.

Then enjoy the nostalgic feeling you get watching KB2 pitching the ball to one of our backs on the option for a touchdown.

It will be like having Danny & Dabo at the same time.

#CantWait

Go Tigers!

???

Message was edited by: The Greatest??

Why is Elliott discussing run plays?

Aug 29, 2017, 4:25 PM

I thought Scott called those?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Why is Elliott discussing run plays?

Aug 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

> I thought Scott called those?

No you didn't

Go Tigers!

???

If we run the option it will be a rare a thing to break ...

Aug 30, 2017, 7:24 AM

it up. We didn't recruit the players we have to run the option much.

Re: If we run the option it will be a rare a thing to break ...

Aug 30, 2017, 7:36 AM

> it up. We didn't recruit the players we have to run
> the option much.

We will still throw plenty, but with KB at QB, & our side to side speed we would be crazy not to run it.

If we can threaten the teeth of the defense with the run up the middle, & KB can make the right reads, there is not a team in the country that could stop us running the option to one of our WR's in motion. Add in the option pass & a reverse or 2 with our tempo & we will wear teams out.

Lots of big plays will come from it, & that's our best shot at beating Auburn imo.

Go Tigers!

???

We ran with Watson too. It will be no different.

Aug 30, 2017, 7:44 AM

If Kelly can't throw he will be on the bench.

Re: We ran with Watson too. It will be no different.

Aug 30, 2017, 7:52 AM

> If Kelly can't throw he will be on the bench.

we ran it less than 1 time a game. Watson & KB are different. You have to tailor the offense around the skill of your QB. That's what the good ones do. You can't make KB be Deshaun Watson.

KB will throw plenty, but he will be a terror running the option because thats what he's good at.

Big Plays in the passing game will come off of his ability to run.

Go Tigers!

???

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic