Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why I don't go to the beach...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,567

This is why I don't go to the beach...

Jul 20, 2020, 9:56 PM

this time of the year and I live just 15 miles from Myrtle Beach.Here is a recent photo of what appears to be a good many non wearing mask sunbathers...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why I don't go to the beach...

Jul 20, 2020, 10:09 PM

Apparently hand sanitizer will kill us too! If everything is going to kill us anyway, I say to heyll with it and let’s all fire up a doobie and go out with a smile!

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/fda-says-avoid-9-hand-sanitizers-that-contain-toxic-methanol

Jul 21, 2020, 8:17 AM

;) I do avoid about anything mentholated!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 10:10 PM

So they are outside, Swimming and not wearing mask. World is getting more and more crazy by the day .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 10:17 PM

along with this photo there was recent write-up in the local Myrtle Beach Sun News paper that was titled "New Jersey see coronavirus spikes after Myrtle Beach trips"

Jul 20, 2020, 10:26 PM

Myrtle Beach sees a massive increase with people wearing red and black adidas sweatpants/sweatsuits. Locals are trying to determine if it is Russians or ohio state travelers. I tend to think it’s the bucknuts, the Russians are too busy fixin the “next” election!

Both.***

Jul 20, 2020, 11:28 PM

Re: Both.***

Jul 21, 2020, 7:18 AM

Only 'White Russians'...and you wouldn't miss 'em! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 7:20 AM

we know what your favorite adult drink might be. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2020, 9:35 AM

Nah! Just impressin' the bored ones with my grasp of geography and 'culture'! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why I don't go to the beach... ]

Myrtle Beach sees spike in Covid cases due to people "visiting" from New Jersey.

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 20, 2020, 10:33 PM

I was at dirty Myrtle this past weekend and it was the deadest I have ever seen for their peak season. Hardly any traffic and no wait time at the restaurants. I’m not sure where that picture came from but that wasn’t this weekend I would bet

Jul 20, 2020, 10:39 PM

it was around the 4th of July weekend

uhh...dude, you go to Myrtle and you worried about the rona?***

Jul 20, 2020, 10:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uhh...dude, you go to Myrtle and you worried about the rona?***

Jul 20, 2020, 10:49 PM

Myrtle beach is probably just as bad as SF with all the used needles and trash laying around on the streets !

Jul 20, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to uhh...dude, you go to Myrtle and you worried about the rona?*** ]

not just the corona but also the crime that seems to be bad at night time on Ocean Boulevard.Myrtle Beach's finest get a workout this time of the year just because of that.I sure miss the Myrtle Beach from the 70's and 80's.

Jul 20, 2020, 10:58 PM [ in reply to uhh...dude, you go to Myrtle and you worried about the rona?*** ]

Mainly I brought up the corona thing just because of the populated beaches as of late if that makes sense

Re: This is why I don't go to the beach...when you enter the

Jul 20, 2020, 10:50 PM

ocean you're the visiting team. Just saw a clip of a little kid saved from a shark in shallow water. I dont need that aggravation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why I don't go to the beach...when you enter the

Jul 21, 2020, 8:20 AM

Or being on the menu!!!:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be honest, people look spread out

Jul 20, 2020, 10:53 PM

from the angle of that photo, people would appear to look closer to each other than they actually were, but if you look at the amount of sand between the huddles of "families" it certainly seems like people are doing as good of a job at social distancing as they can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: to be honest, people look spread out

Jul 20, 2020, 11:07 PM

those beach umbrellas look some what close though.Don't get me wrong I like the beach and all and it's beautiful sand and ocean and I love to walk it but with what is going on right now in the United States it is a scary thing seeing that many people at one time congregating around.Any other time though I would not give it a thought.

My son's and I were at a local soccer field kicking the ball

Jul 21, 2020, 6:59 AM

around and an officer pulled up and told us we had to leave because the fields were closed due to Covid.

But, not 300 yards away the basketball court, which is also supposed to be closed, was packed with over 50 guys playing basketball. They weren't social distancing unless you consider 3 inches to be proper distance.

It was just easier for the girl to tell a dad and his sons to leave an open soccer field than it was to confront a group of mostly black guys and tell them to leave the court.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: My son's and I were at a local soccer field kicking the ball

Jul 21, 2020, 7:25 AM

It is very sad that they would have to take the time to bother either group.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 21, 2020, 8:13 AM

Never was a beach goer personally, but when I was able, I would go to the Harley Bike week at Myrtle beach, and at Daytona. I just never liked the salty air, and I hate the smell of the marsh... I know, I know, most like the smell of the ocean and the marsh lands around the inlets, I just never developed a like for it!!!

Jul 21, 2020, 8:28 AM

I can't wait to get down to Folly this weekend and soak up some Vitamin D and stay healthy. Planting my ### on the beach from 11-5 everyday no mask and breathing fresh air.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

It's too bad our bodies don't have some way of fighting

Jul 21, 2020, 8:52 AM

things off. You know, like an "immune system" (not sure there is such a think - I just made that up) that would fight off bad germs and stuff. You know, like when our bodies heal their own wounds, and how some of us don't get the flu even if we never get the flu shot? That would be cool. If only we had something like that....

It's fine, they are just protesting***

Jul 21, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,567
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic