Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is where we fail at containing Covid-19.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

This is where we fail at containing Covid-19.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:00 AM

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/alabama-college-students-who-knew-they-had-covid-19-attended-parties

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the guy in the top row without a mask?

Jul 1, 2020, 9:09 AM

Siriusly, though... private large gatherings indoors are indeed a problem. Of course Florida and Texas had opened bars until last week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: You mean the guy in the top row without a mask?

Jul 1, 2020, 10:09 AM

Bars are still open as long as they serve food here in Florida.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:11 AM

seems like we should have some centralized institution with strong leadership that consults with the top scientific minds, sets guidelines , then enforces them. Other countries had this and are returning to normal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

Those countries you are referring to are run by dictators or are communist. Interesting because some label our president a dictator and it’s not working efficiently in the USA. Nothing will seem normal again until a vaccine comes. I don’t even watch the local news anymore I’m so tired of hearing about the subject

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 9:38 AM

wow, when did Europe fall back under fascist dictatorships? i have not been watching enough news.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:00 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8328987/Its-great-outdoors-life-slowly-returning-normal-Europe.html

Normal? no tourism for many countries where this is a primary economic driver. Couple that with WHO warning of a second deadly wave coming. Leadership over a mostly homogeneous populous is quite different than that over a fractious and contentious populous such as the US enjoys. If US leadership had enforced as you say the necessary moving target restrictions of the so called medical experts, the opposition party and its media minions would have long since promoted a rebellion to the overarching limitations of freedom. In your fantasy, what should strong centralized leadership do with the anarchistic protestors to properly enforce the aforementioned necessary restrictions?

Its a no win proposition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

Maybe Germans?? Sorry couldn’t help myself!
Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

That is completely incorrect in many cases. Japan is one of our strong allies and has twice as many people as Great Britain but Britain has thousands more deaths than Japan does cases. The virus does look at person's political views and pass over some and move on to others.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

Those countries you are referring to are run by dictators or are communist. Interesting because some label our president a dictator and it’s not working efficiently in the USA. Nothing will seem normal again until a vaccine comes. I don’t even watch the local news anymore I’m so tired of hearing about the subject

No they are not, boy you sound so uneducated. I mean really backward and stupid. Sorry but it's true. They are countries where people value being part of a society and know how important it is to work together. They are people that the opposite of you. You really need to open up about the world and expand your knowledge.

Jul 1, 2020, 3:43 PM

Yeah I’ve seen your political views regrettably. None of us on this site would care to hear more of it either. Pot meet kettle

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

How about you open up your world and move to

Jul 1, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

one of those other countries that you extol, troll? I hear Afghanistan is great this time of year.

Also, I gave you the TD and the RA for the insults you generously dispensed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Back in the Cold War when I started my military career

Jul 1, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: This is where we fail at containing Covid-19. ]

we had a saying - "Who cares if the Russians study our military tactics manuals - it won't matter because we do what we want anyway..."

A defining trait of the American character is that we like our independence and tend to do what we want. The old expression of "trying to get a group of Americans to follow anything is like trying to herd cats" comes to mind. More times than not that is a better aspect of our character that separates us from the rest of the world. However, there are times that same trait can be a detriment as is the case with these idiot students...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 9:43 AM

Some information is missing here which is typical of news reporting nowadays. First why is the Fire Chief reporting this instead of a city/county health official? Second they seem to actually know who and how many of these students were positive but there is no mention of that. Third was this done intentionally by these students hoping to spread the virus and, if so, are charges being brought? Lastly did these parties violate any current restrictions on gatherings? These are basic parts of the story.

Personal Knowledge

Jul 1, 2020, 9:43 AM

So my daughter who lives in apartment in Atlanta had to get tested. Seems a friend (Jane) of her friend (Ann) tested positive a couple of Tuesday’s ago. Then a guy they all knew was celebrating his birthday by renting a party bus.

So this Jane that tested positive didn’t want to miss the party so just didn’t tell anyone and got on the bus. Now the birthday boy has tested positive.

So daughter and her friend Ann were both on bus. The had made plans to go to beach on 4th. They were meeting Ann’s parents, brother, sister in law, etc and staying in a house. 12 people in all (some kids).

Daughter is scared so got tested on Friday. Ann wouldn’t get tested. They were suppose to leave on Sat. So Ann tells daughter they will leave after daughter gets results (but Ann still wouldn’t get tested!)

When daughter told her it may be up to 4 days before results, Ann says they can’t wait that long and should go ahead and go (btw Ann is mid 30s with 10 yo son). Daughter doesn’t know what to do. I say don’t go.

Ann then tells her that if she tests positive and gets results while at beach she will just have to catch a flight and fly back to Atl. (THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THAT STATEMENT!)

Anyway, like the rest of the idiots, daughter goes ahead to beach. We don’t know if she has tested positive or not. But even if she doesn’t don’t feel like I can trust own daughter!

Plus Ann said there was no need to tell her mom and dad or any of the 12 at beach!!!!

There is even more to story but almost embarrassing for me to tell. Just thought my own kid would be more responsible.

I figure if my kid and her friends were doing this crap - and they KNOW this is a bad situation— who knows how many others are just as irresponsible?

This makes me sick. Hopefully it won’t make me COVID sick.

Re: Personal Knowledge

Jul 1, 2020, 10:00 AM

The most stupid seem to be the most self absorbed too. It isnt a good combination

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Personal Knowledge ]

My 18 year old son was in a similar situation. We would not let him go to the beach until his friend's text came back negative. He ended up missing 2 days at the beach, but he felt better about himself around others.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 1, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Personal Knowledge ]

Just curious. How are “Jane” and the “birthday boy” doing now that they have had the virus? Full recovery? Sick for a few days and back to normal with new antibodies in their systems?
Asking for a friend.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've spent decades educating children to "Just Do It"

Jul 1, 2020, 10:04 AM

and "Have It Your Way" without regard for "the other person", manners, or responsibility.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone with a temperature that we now live in a country teeming with self-centered, hedonistic, "entitled" brats.

Or that we have no one to blame but ourselves.

"Every generation has the duty to beat back the barbarians at the gates...their children."

"We have met the enemy, and they are us."

https://time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/

Jul 1, 2020, 10:12 AM

Of COURSE this is happening. It will continue to happen until a military soldier with a test kit is assigned to EVERY citizen in the country.....which will never happen.

Covid gonna do what Covid wants to do. Half this board has probably already been exposed.....even the smug, "enlightened" liberal poasters who always know what's best for everyone else.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

Sadly, many people do not understand basic American Civics. The United States is a federal republic. That means lawmaking powers are divided between the Federal government and the various state governments as defined by the 10th Amendment to the Constitution which states that all powers not reserved for the federal government are reserved to the states and to the people(local governments). This makes it difficult for a President to interfere in state and local matters. Many people including members or Congress who pontificate on the news for political reasons do not understand the importance of the 10th Amendment. Most countries have more power to control people centralized in the national government and that makes it easier to dictate and control the activities of citizens.

Jul 1, 2020, 10:40 AM

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that the CDC estimated that as many as twenty million Americans have probably already contracted Covid-19. Wow!!! Those are Flu-like numbers!!!
I hope the death rate keeps dropping, but I'm afraid that won't last.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jul 1, 2020, 12:17 PM

We can’t contain it. No amount of shut down or mask wearing or quarantining will affect the outcome of this virus. It will either run its course and die off or a vaccine will be created and we will eradicate it that way. The sooner the election is over the sooner we will be told this by the “experts” until November though we will be subjected to these baseless allegations that mask wearing and social distancing will “stop the spread”

And for those who say well look at how we slowed the curve during the shutdown. I will tell you. The increase in positive cases that we’re seeing now is only due to increased testing. The percentage per capita of positives vs tests 3 months ago is the same as it is now. THOSE are the facts and numbers that are not being aired on the news. But if you do your own research you can see the numbers for yourselves. Masks and the shutdown have done absolutely NOTHING since the beginning of the epidemic other than create an illusion that the people in elected office care about you and so hey look at me give me your vote I care yippeeeee. All the while the little ants all fall in line and do what they’re told.

Oh and as always....Go Football. Go Tigers

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 4:29 PM
SC_Covid.png(37.3 K)

"The percentage per capita of positives vs tests 3 months ago is the same as it is now"

This is the past month, percentage of positive tests are climbing. Do you have a link to the numbers from 3 months ago?

Clemson

College students are going to flaunt authority. I think it

Jul 1, 2020, 5:42 PM

is genetically passed on from generation to generation. I remember, I were one once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic