Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is weird...34 yr old died of pneumonia...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 751

This is weird...34 yr old died of pneumonia...

Dec 25, 2019, 10:09 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/24/media/espn-reporter-dies-trnd/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We take good health for granted at times...***

Dec 25, 2019, 10:10 AM

Re: This is weird...34 yr old died of pneumonia...

Dec 25, 2019, 11:54 AM

I does one even get a pneumonia?

It's very common, and deadly.

Dec 25, 2019, 11:58 AM

Pneumonia is the #1 killer of people over 85. Once you reach a very old age, and survive cancer and heart attacks, pneumonia almost always is the culprit. But many young people die from it as well who are otherwise healthy. Many people get it with the flu, and if you're not in good health, it can be deadly to an otherwise healthy person.

With older people pneumonia comes from swallowing difficulties usually. And swallowing problems come with many neurological problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My uncle has it right meow.

Dec 25, 2019, 3:04 PM

He’s been fighting cancer and just got pneumonia the other day.

Antibiotics aren’t playing well with cancer meds and it doesn’t look promising for him to leave the hospital alive.

Merry Christmas!

Dad's been on a special diet for years. With him he can eat

Dec 26, 2019, 9:43 AM

food pretty well, most of the time. Give him liquid and he coughs and chokes, and aspirates. He eats his liquid with a spoon as it has to be thickened so he can swallow it. One of the many problems with his neurological condition. Mom and I can have them alter his diet as his condition changes daily, weekly, or monthly. In the past he was all on pureed foods and it took a swallow study to get him eating solids. After going back and forth three times with that process we'd had enough. But the past few days it's his chf that's acting up. Dad won't leave his skilled nursing facility alive. He's been there for three years now. I fed him lunch Christmas Eve Day.

Merry Christmas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is weird...34 yr old died of pneumonia...

Dec 27, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: This is weird...34 yr old died of pneumonia... ]

I got community acquired viral pneumonia in 2012 (40 y.o.). It can be just like catching a cold. Got lucky caught it early. Temperature still soared to 106.8 and was hospitalized for 4 days. Never had to go on a vent but had O2 for a few days...

Scary as h e l l.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP, young man.***

Dec 25, 2019, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 751
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic