Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government

Mar 22, 2020, 10:13 AM

Most of the world is crippled with this virus while they can be the only country to control the world ‘s supply chain.

Hope the world holds China accountable after this! The more I read about this virus and its early days, it becomes very interesting ??

China may have just waged a biological war on the west.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government

Mar 22, 2020, 10:22 AM

I believe that was the intention. I think the thing got away from them early on in their own country. I'm also skeptical about the flatline in cases all of a sudden. I don't really see how that is even possible given the wild fire rate that it spread for 3 months and how it has affected every other country, all of which were much more prepared than China was. Or were they? I also believe that it was around much longer than they say it was. At least since last November. Bottom line is we better not trust a single word they say or anything they do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 10:26 AM

Can’t trust any of their numbers and their claim that most of their new cases are from travelers to other countries.

It’s time to wake up and stop our Chinese addiction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 10:23 AM

I hope as a country we finally start ramping up local production of all this "stuff" we're so reliant on Chinese imports for. China cannot be trusted to just do the right thing for the world, and it really sux they have such leverage.

Won't happen

Mar 22, 2020, 10:49 AM

Company A sells a widget at Walmart for $2, it is made in China. Company B sells the same widget for $3, it is made in the USA.

Which one sells? If you are company B, do you want to start a factory in China or elsewhere so that you can make more profit with your product?

Sure upper middle class folks and wealthy folks might buy American, but most will still use Amazon and Wal-Mart.

Re: Won't happen

Mar 22, 2020, 1:03 PM

Even without tax code/regulation changes, this virus might be a good reason for any company to reconsider locating in China.

I hope you are right. I'm not selling out...***

Mar 23, 2020, 6:42 AM

Mar 22, 2020, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

This is a national security issue and should be treated as such. Don't want to hear any more complaints about tough trade negotiations. Bring on the tariffs.

Mar 22, 2020, 10:28 AM

Now don’t get caught up in some conspiracy theory. If they control the supply chain, why would they do something to shut down that chain?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 10:43 AM

Because they aren't focused on the now.

Mar 22, 2020, 4:24 PM

It’s kind of like a long march for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We did it to ourselves. We've continually voted for people

Mar 22, 2020, 11:48 AM

for decades who have encouraged our corporations to use Asian slave labor to enrich their coffers.

The chickens are now comin' home to roost.

Mar 22, 2020, 12:07 PM

Believe it or not about 35 or 40 years ago a very wise man predicted that something like we are experiencing would happen to this country. He was one of the few that was pretty much the lone sheep crying in the woods regarding what he saw then as a strategic blunder by the politicians and citizens of this country. He fought the politicians and the so called pundits in this country regarding the trade deals that were being negotiated at the time starting with NAFTA. He organized all kinds of letter writing campaigns to our politicians to protest to no avail. Then he pretty much started the "Crafted with Pride" initiative to encourage people to buy American products again to no avail. He told everyone then that one day that the USA would not be able to fight a war if it relinquished its supply chain to foreign countries. He got called a "greedy old white man". He stated the textile industry would not be the only industries that would be sacrificed in the name of "Free Trade" and "Globalization". He saved his own company by being innovative enough to change and automate his businesses to be able to compete with basically slave labor. He warned his competitors they needed to do the same. The company that he left when he passed away is alive and well and pretty much the last textile giant in America. The other textile companies did not heed the warning and have vanished from the manufacturing landscape. Now we are in a war with a pandemic that we don't have enough basic items, PPE for healthcare workers, and drugs to fight it. The man that I am talking about was Roger Milliken and he was one of the five smartest and wisest people I have ever known in my 70 years on this planet.

Mar 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

Wow! So true!

How did we even come to a point where most of our meds are made in China?

How can a country that can send a man to moon and a craft to Mars but can’t manufacture enough gloves and masks to protect our medical professionals? It’s so sad It’s come to this.

Mar 22, 2020, 2:14 PM

Wow! So true!

How did we even come to a point where most of our meds are made in China?

How can a country that can send a man to moon and a craft to Mars but can’t manufacture enough gloves and masks to protect our medical professionals? It’s so sad It’s come to this.

With the development of "Globalization" beginning with Bill Clinton, we offered tax incentives to American Corporations to move some of their operations overseas. The idea was that our Companies should take advantage of lower wages overseas, become more profitable and then that prosperity would 'trickle down' to the rest of this country.

That didn't happen. Corps began keeping the profits, ending pensions, CEO and Executive salaries soared into the millions and stockholder's profits and stock buybacks were the norm. Some CEOs in this country make $50 million a year, and we think that's normal.

Every administration since Clinton has offered tax incentives for corporations overseas operations. Even the Trump Tax Cut allows U.S. companies to deduct some expenses from their overseas operations.

The problem is, that since limitations were taken off of political campaign funding, whoever donates the most money to campaigns gets laws written that favor them. Whether it's fossil fuel, Insurance, Healthcare industry. That's where we are now. We have begun to lose true "Representative" Govt. If you don't do what your donors ask? Well, they'll just fund your primary opposition and get them to do it. It's a mess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

I had the pleasure to work for Milliken after graduation in 1978. He was a very wise man and I did have several opportunities to meet with him. He was a visionary man.

And the bulk of the family was smart enough to stay out of

Mar 22, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

the way and let him run it. I was always told he only owned 17%, but had the backing of a brother and sister with like percentages, so 51% control. He was also smart enough to get into chemical development to help the textile operations, which grew into the chemical business they have today which is where a lot of the profit is generated. Smart man and great leader indeed!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

Thank you, so true.

Mar 23, 2020, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

Him and the "My Pillow" dude.

Mar 23, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

Good post about the textile industry. While growing up, textiles provided a lot of jobs for people, but Asian countries did destroy that industry for the USA. I worked at Spartan Mills as a programmer and watched reports that owner Walter Montgomery requested, and they gave a clear picture of how grave the situation was.

For me, I chose to stop buying anything from Ebay that ships from China or the other Asian countries when Trump started placing tariffs on their goods. I know, even buying from Americans, the stuff still originates from Asia. But I do simply choose to do without those goods until China succumbs to fair trade. Personally, I want all goods that I buy to be made in America. I don't even like our autos being assembled in Mexico and Canada. Unless we change our ways in America, China will rule the world by the time our grandchildren reach retirement, and then it's too late.

Mar 23, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

Roger Milliken was 100% correct.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2020, 1:31 PM

This administration will begin a communication campaign to blame China. This diverts attention away from our reaction to it, distracting from our mistakes.

The idea that this is some sort of biological weapon that China developed is pure fantasy. Don't be fooled by fringe websites or government todies that try to convince you otherwise.

China handles it's own sanitation purely. A little research will show you that "Chinese Traditional Medicine" is completely ingrained in their culture and is a source of great pride. They really believe that a bears gall bladder will make you more virulent, or cure gout or whatever they think it does. They're medical beliefs go back 2 thousand years.

This virus has been identified by OUR scientists and those in Europe that it is a cross-species virus. It made the jump from animal to human. That what Sars was and that's where HIV comes from.

We had Intelligence Reports warning of the spread of this virus in January. We should have acted quickly but our government drug it's feet.

Even to this day, we don't have enough test kits. Test for the infected, isolate them and protect the population. It's medicine 101. This govt. didn't and hasn't so it's spreading.

The worse it gets, the more this government and Fox News and websites supportive of this govt. will claim it's China's fault.

Headlines like "Is this virus a Chinese weapon?" accompanied by a story that offers no evidence that it is. It doesn't have to support the question, only pose it. That's what gets people to repeat it and talk about it as if it were true. Watch and see.

Mar 22, 2020, 4:13 PM

I refuse to blame the country it started in , and then attempted to cover it up for as long as they could get away with it.

Dang man, you sound like Hollywood and the NBA a few months back during the Hong Kong demonstrations. We get your in a liberal wet dream when it comes to the communistic lifestyle of China, but those are some nasty folks over there.

Btw, I always wonder this about a commie. They freak out about, say Fox News, and claim its strictly there to push the Presidents agenda. So in your warped liberal mind, do you think the Big 3 television news stations are viable options for getting the news? Is Chuck Todd that trusted voice of reason we should all be turning to in these trying times?

Mar 23, 2020, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: This is kind of a dream scenario for the Chinese government ]

When I read this, or most of it, I visualized an ostrich with its' head in the sand, pretending there is no threat. Thankfully, America did not vote a similar thinking liberal into the office of President of the USA. Just take a minute and be thankful about that. If you think we're in a mess now, Hillary would have destroyed any hopes for America. The same goes for Obama (unless the threat harmed Blacks more than Whites). I still despise that man for being the racist that he continually showed to be.

Mar 22, 2020, 6:42 PM

If my conspiracy theory is correct, China has tried this twice before and finally got what they were aiming for - world wide turmoil and major financial impact in the U.S. Does anyone find it surprising that this all occurred after the new tariffs were added and the free ride ended?

What are the odds, they already have a vaccine but had to sacrifice people to make it look good? If the 80,000 numbers are true and holding as being reported, there is a reason it has stopped and a vaccine may be the reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Mar 23, 2020, 8:33 AM

If you don’t believe the communist dictatorship would sacrifice lives of their own people you have your head in the sand. They have forced sterilization and abortions.

Mar 23, 2020, 8:12 AM

They had nothing gain by attacking the west. They didn't want supply chains interrupted.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic