Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a far too serious post.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

This is a far too serious post.

Feb 9, 2021, 11:53 AM

My wife went in for her routine mammogram a couple weeks ago, and the results were NOT routine. She has a lump in one breast, confirmed by appointment with doctors yesterday. She is set up to have a biopsy on Feb. 17, and then we go from there. She is being a trooper about the whole thing, but anyone would be worried about the Big "C" at this point. Please keep us in your prayers, I have been praying as hard as humanly possible that this biopsy will show up a benign tumor. But, whatever it shows, we both have faith in the Lord, His Will will be done. We won't know results of the biopsy until Feb. 24th. It's going to be an excruciatingly long two weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you, your wife, and your family right now!

Feb 9, 2021, 11:59 AM

John 14:27

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: This is a far too serious post.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:05 PM

Absolutely will be praying. I know exactly what she is going through and the waiting and wondering is brutal. The Lord will get you through it no matter what.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lord - please provide my brother & sister a very real sense

Feb 9, 2021, 12:13 PM

of Your Presence through this hard time.

Give them peace & confidence in Your Will and that You are all about eternal good.

Be with all those involved in the process so that the most accurate information can be gained. Give all those involved clarity & an understanding of how important they are in this.

In Jesus' Holy name - Amen.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:19 PM

Prayer sent for a good result!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DONE!***

Feb 9, 2021, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 12:28 PM

Prayers sent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for her.

Feb 9, 2021, 12:30 PM

My wife had a lump and it turned out to be a cyst. Hopefully the same with your wife.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Feb 9, 2021, 12:33 PM

I know the agony you are going through. I will keep you both in my prayers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayer sent.***

Feb 9, 2021, 12:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Prayer sent.***

Feb 9, 2021, 1:00 PM

I just went through the same thing with my wife about a month ago. All you can do is pray and pray daily. Ours came back fine. Hope your situation turns out good also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 12:49 PM

Done.

Philippians 4:6-7

Amen!***

Feb 10, 2021, 7:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 9, 2021, 12:52 PM

Done.Praying For good results.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent***

Feb 9, 2021, 12:53 PM

Feb 9, 2021, 12:56 PM

Done

Feb 9, 2021, 7:13 PM

Prayers sent!

You got it friend. Prayers for you and your wife.***

Feb 9, 2021, 1:03 PM

null

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers to you**

Feb 9, 2021, 1:07 PM

Nm

Prayers for you and your wife!***

Feb 9, 2021, 1:09 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 9, 2022, 8:50 PM

Prayers going up 76. God’s got this.

Feb 9, 2021, 1:25 PM

prayers sent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 1:41 PM

76er --- Prayers have been sent and I have personally witnessed the power of prayer over the last six months. My daughter was diagnosed with cancer in the kidney and bladder area. She had tubes inserted into her kidneys, radiation treatments and had one chemo treatment remaining. She was informed that she was in remission. A CAT scan before her scheduled final chemo treatment showed no signs of the cancer. She rang the bell and her final scheduled chemo treatment was cancelled. This morning the had the tubes removed from her kidneys. Prayers and the skilled medical personnel can work wonders. Keep the faith !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my prayers

Feb 9, 2021, 1:43 PM

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you

Prayers sent

Feb 9, 2021, 1:45 PM

I've been this a couple of times with my wife, so far, benign. But the waiting is gut wrenching. Just be with her as much as you can to try and keep her mind on something else.

God bless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 2:02 PM

I wouldn’t overreact. One of the more likely outcomes is that this is carcinoma in situ.

That’s a scary term with carcinoma in the name that means there are irregular cells that haven’t gone anywhere yet. It is often referred to as Stage-0 breast cancer.

The medical community still debates whether this is real cancer at all. The most common treatment is a lumpectomy to remove the mass with good margins around it. Depending on her medical/genetic background, some patient ls choose a full mastectomy followed by reconstruction.

Bottom line, it’s way to early to freak out. Not enough data. Again, in terms of probabilities if she’s been getting regularly scheduled mammograms, you’re likely ahead of it regardless what it is.

By the way, I went through this entire experience with my wife. She had a mass. It was diagnosed as carcinoma in situ, removed it, and two years later she got another one. At that point she decided the risk profile was too high, so she got the mastectomy/rebuild.

Take a deep breath. One step at a time.

I’ll be praying for you both-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for your wife...

Feb 9, 2021, 2:15 PM

Hoping it ends up being nothing to worry about.

Re: Prayers for your wife...

Feb 9, 2021, 4:01 PM

And You. Hoping and praying for a good report.

we've been quite a ways down this dark road.

Feb 9, 2021, 4:46 PM

Take it day by day. Very likely you'll get good news.

My tips:
Keep her away from researching this on the internet.
You do the research.
More people post stories about bad experience than people that post good experiences, so you can't trust what you read.
Doctors are incredible methodic and thorough and you'll interpret this as slow and not urgent. Have to trust they know what they're doing and I'd rather have a calm/methodic doctor than one that's dramatic and chaotic.

If you need to, tmail me later and I can provide more insight from experience. We went wayyyyyy down this dark road. Things are good now.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Feb 9, 2021, 4:57 PM

One of my sisters-in-law had similar checkup results recently. Sadly, it was not benign and she's undergoing chemo/radiation and facing surgery. That was a crappy Christmas experience for them.

News is so far, so good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re both in my prayers but expect good news.

Feb 9, 2021, 5:02 PM

God is incredible

Amen! Yes He is.***

Feb 10, 2021, 7:37 PM

Feb 9, 2021, 5:50 PM

Praying for y'all.

Feb 9, 2021, 5:56 PM

Prayers for you and your family.

Feb 9, 2021, 6:01 PM

Praying...

My wife went through the same thing over 30 years ago...it was removed, and never had another problem or lump removed again...so hang in there, and pray hard!

Feb 9, 2021, 6:05 PM

Your wife and you will be in our prayers. God Bless.

Feb 9, 2021, 6:09 PM

Prayers coming her way.

God Bless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feb 9, 2021, 6:24 PM

Will be praying for you and your wife.

Feb 9, 2021, 6:29 PM

Be anxious for nothing, the Lord has you covered!

Feb 9, 2021, 6:50 PM

Prayer sent God is in control

Feb 9, 2021, 7:07 PM

Love and Prayers!!!

Yeah, sports is totally irrelevant compared to real life stuff

Feb 9, 2021, 7:16 PM

like this. I wish the very best outcome; all you can do is hang in there and be there for her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

done

Feb 9, 2021, 7:17 PM

will think of you both

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 9, 2021, 7:36 PM

Stay strong. Take it from someone who has been to hell and back multiple times, you will get through whatever it is and trust that the Good Lord will provide. I know it’s hard but you are not alone. Ever.

We got you covered 76!!!

Feb 9, 2021, 7:43 PM

Y’all got this!!!

Feb 9, 2021, 7:43 PM

Prayers for your wife, you, and your family partner.

Feb 9, 2021, 7:54 PM

My wife has BC. This is by far one of the most informative website you can go to for explanation of terms and diagnosis. If you have any questions let me know. Been all through the biopsy, mri, surgery options.

https://breast-cancer.ca/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2021, 9:01 PM

Please tell your wife that God is already there. He goes before us and comes behind us. In a Bible study I'm currently doing, we are learning the God dwells with us. In other words, He is "tabernacling" with your wife through all of this difficult time. I didn't mean to sound "preachy" by any means! Prayers will be offered for both of you. Please keep us posted. We truly care.

Feb 9, 2021, 10:54 PM

Praying for you and your wife and that this is completely benign.

Feb 9, 2021, 11:27 PM

Prayers for your wife, you, and family. God bless.

Prayers offered for your wife's health and

Feb 10, 2021, 4:07 AM

for your family.

Feb 10, 2021, 5:43 AM

Praying for your wife and God’s peace upon all of you.

Prayers for all concerned.***

Feb 10, 2021, 6:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Feb 10, 2021, 7:26 AM

Praying

Prayers sent.

Feb 10, 2021, 9:06 AM

Keep the faith.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 9:26 AM

Absolutely, along with myself, Tiger Nation has your back with prayers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 10:38 AM

You and your wife have my prayers! I've been down this road myself with my wife. Fortunately I was practicing medicine at the time which helped move things faster. I will say, the pathology report doesn't take a week to get back. The time between the biopsy and the path report is the tough part. I would ask the surgeon to give your wife a brief call once the path is back. That should only take 2-3 days tops.

The surgeon can't get into a long conversation about treatment options over the phone if the news is not good, but both of you will sleep better knowing the results sooner whether good or bad.

Again, I pray for peace for both of you. My wife's path was thankfully benign. My first cousin's was cancerous and she ended up with positive lymph nodes. However, she is greater than 12 yrs out and has been cancer free. Even in the event that your wife receives bad news, there have been so many advances in the treatment of this disease, that I would remain very hopeful.God speed!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2021, 11:22 AM

Sorry to hear you two are going through this. Same whirlwind for us started June 14, 2018 with an abnormal annual mammogram. Praying you will get benign results from the biopsy. We went through biopsy, lumpectomy, chemo, radiation. Happy day was December 21, 2018 after last XRT. I know those sleepless nights and waves of anxiety. They do pass. We got through with the help of God, prayers (truly appreciate my friends from TigerNet), family, friends, and each other. Two years out of five done with the maintenance blockers. Medical and surgical progress have made a huge difference over the past decade. Whatever the results, you will be well cared for. Praying this will all be a brief scare in your memory by Feb 24th.

Hey brother, God is in control

Feb 10, 2021, 1:58 PM

God healed me of cancer almost 3 years ago. I'm praying that He will do the same for her, regardless of the diagnosis.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Prayers sent!***

Feb 10, 2021, 6:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic