Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This has likely gone unnoticed by many fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,518

This has likely gone unnoticed by many fans

Jan 8, 2021, 9:04 AM

But, coming into this season, Dixon was second only to ETN in yards carry in school history. (7+)

The talent is in place at running back. OL is another question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has likely gone unnoticed by many fans

Jan 8, 2021, 9:09 AM

Love Dixon but he can’t carry ET jock strap. Too Easy to get off his feet. Open field he is pretty good. In traffic not so good

Jan 8, 2021, 9:18 AM

Dixon has not progressed like I thought he would so far during his tenure at Clemson. However, one the few runs I saw in the playoff game, I like his aggressiveness and level of intensity. The talent is there, he just needs to run with a lower pad level. A lower pad level will allow him to be more efficient when running inside, and allow him to gain extra yards after contact. I think we will be just fine in the running back department, it falls on the offensive line to toughen up and run block more efficiently. There needs to be some rearranging on the offensive line.

It was the blocking

Jan 8, 2021, 11:37 AM

Did you see how well he ran against ND in the ACCCG?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think LJD will be fine with more carries.....

Jan 8, 2021, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: This has likely gone unnoticed by many fans ]

For whatever reason, he must have been in the love shack for part of this season.
Even got relieved of kick return duties.
Between that and ETN staying in games, I guess there were less opportunities.
And there were times when coaches went straight to Mellusi.
Several times on T-Net, the question ‘where is LJD?’ would come up.
When he got carries late in the year, he looked good. Yet then he would not go back in the game.
It was an odd year for him...it’s one of the mysteries of this season, in my opinion.

Jan 8, 2021, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: This has likely gone unnoticed by many fans ]

IF he can average seven yards per carry Dabo will find a place for him in the lineup. I’m not comparing him with ETN or anyone else. I’m simply pointing out what he HAS done.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:07 PM

The offensive line will be a question mark arlu on, but the talent is there. They should gel and create a formidable force before the end of the season. There should be a noticeable improvement in the running hame before the ACC championship game.

I also think that Shipley will provide a serious threat coming out of the backfield catching screens and wheel routes. I also think that one of the younger backs will step up and prove to be a very solid backup.
Mellusi, Dukes, Pace, Rencher and the incoming freshman Mafa and Shipley. Personally, I think Dixon will do a very good job carrying to greater percentage of the load, but Dixon would be almost unstoppable if he would just run lower, beneath his pads instead of his Eric Dickerson straight up style.

The short yardage situations need to be resolved and they need to be resolved early in the season. True sophomore Kobe Pace (5'10" - 215) will likely be given chances to solidify that area. Incoming freshman Phil Nada (6'1" - 215) could also help as well. This is where Clemson will greatly benefit by having a large QB running behind a much more youthful and talented line.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:36 AM

LJ Dixon a good running back, but not nearly as explosive as TE.

Jan 8, 2021, 4:10 PM

Did you not see Etienne struggle to run this year? What makes you think Lynn-j would do any better. It's kinda hard to run thru holes that don't exist. It boggles my mind that as Elite as Clemson is, their O-line play is so subpar. O-line recruiting and development has got improve significantly or more of same will continue to happen.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,518
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic