Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking about going to the WF game Thursday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,070

Thinking about going to the WF game Thursday night

Oct 22, 2012, 8:35 PM

looking for any help/advice on places to park and things to check out. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawrence Joel Coliseum Parking Lot is best. Gonna cost

Oct 22, 2012, 8:37 PM

you $15 or $20...but right across the street from stadium and will have a ton of Clemson fans to join you in that lot.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that expensive - more like $8

Oct 22, 2012, 8:58 PM

Parking at a Wake game is by far the cheapest easiest of any of the teams in our conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Parking is easy. The Joel is right across the street...

Oct 22, 2012, 8:40 PM

...cost $8 to park.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thinking about going to the WF game Thursday night

Oct 22, 2012, 8:44 PM

My group is parking/tailgating at the Coliseum. It's a short walk to Groves Stadium from there

Tiki Cabaret

Oct 22, 2012, 8:50 PM

It beats The Joel every time!

The Joel is where I parked..

Oct 22, 2012, 8:56 PM

In 08 and was right next to the stadium.Plenty of space to tailgate too.Even left,went to kmart and come right back and got the same spot back.Met Aaron Kelly's family,they tailgated right behind us.Was a cool trip other than the joke of a game we played.

Here's what you need to know

Oct 22, 2012, 9:16 PM

If you're coming up I85, jump off on US 52 north when you see the signs and head through Lexington, NC to get some Lexington-style BBQ on the way up. Good stuff. If not, keep heading north on 52 and follow the signs to the stadium. However, if you missed the BBQ places in Lexington, you can take take Business 40 toward downtown Winston-Salem (with the green signs, not the red white and blue signs) to the Cherry Street exit. Follow Cherry street north of Business 40.

Hang a left on 4th Street and go about 4 blocks to Foothills Brewery. Best craft brews in the North State. They sell growlers, which are perfect for tailgaiting - something like 52 oz or something like that. The Pumpkin brew is in season and darn tasty.

Two blocks due north of Foothills on 5th Street is Bibb's BBQ. It isn't great, but if you missed the places in Lexington, its the best option you'll see until you head back home. Not great BBQ, but definitely good enough for tailgaiting. Hush puppies have lots of pepper, which is a nice touch.

Once your done at Foothills and/or Bibbs, head back east down 4th or 5th (they run parallel) to Cherry Street and head north again toward the stadium. At the intersection with Northwest Boulevard, you'll find a Bo Jangles. Do not even consider stopping here, because this is the worst Bo jangles in the lower 48. However, if you take a right on Northwest, there is an ABC store (package store) right behind the Bo Jangles where you can pick up your game day fifth of George Dickle. Head back to Cherry Street (which changes names to University on the north side of Northwest BLVD)and keep on heading north till you get to the corner of University and Coliseum - there's a Walgreens on your left in you need mixers. Otherwise, look for the Lawrence Joel Coliseum parking lot on your right.

As I said before, Wake is the easiest and cheapest road trip.

Re: Here's what you need to know

Oct 22, 2012, 9:27 PM

Be careful going back to Greenwood after a surplus of growlers and bbq. You should get home by 2:00 a.m. if you are lucky. This is why us old guys who live 3+ hours from Clemson luv night games!!!

At least the Tigers will win by 25 so the trip will be somewhat enjoyable.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic