Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC Passes Clemson for 2021 recruiting with Commits by Ranei
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,734

UNC Passes Clemson for 2021 recruiting with Commits by Ranei

Apr 17, 2020, 7:51 PM

a Dilworth and Jared Wilson according to Fox Sports Radio. I don't believe they hold on to that spot. 247 also reports this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would still have to play us to get in the playoffs

Apr 17, 2020, 8:17 PM

So they’re still scared. Their tears will just be more sweet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They would still have to play us to get in the playoffs

Apr 17, 2020, 8:26 PM

I don’t believe Brown will ever allow Shipley to get away! He will be a problem for Dabo recruiting NC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 8:46 PM

Not on the schedule for what 6 years but could be a real problem in future ACCCG's and getting to the playoff.

Between us and ND.

Apr 17, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: They would still have to play us to get in the playoffs ]

Old man brown won’t be an issue.

Apr 18, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: They would still have to play us to get in the playoffs ]

Lol UNC isn't even in it for Shipley and we were able to slow play the top NC recruit last year and steal from under Mack's nose

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

They signed a tankless water heater?

Apr 17, 2020, 9:04 PM

Man, I’m skurred now!

~JKB

Re: They signed a tankless water heater?

Apr 17, 2020, 9:24 PM

I’m a Tar Heel and new to the board. I joined because I live in the Clemson area and have the highest respect for your football program. I have no idea how far Mack can take us but it’s fun to finally at least have some hope in football.

Re: They signed a tankless water heater?

Apr 17, 2020, 9:53 PM

I think this is good for the ACC. We need some good teams that are ranked. We will get more than our fair share of top recruits. It will help our strength of schedule and that is a good thing. GO TIGERS

Will depend on how long Mack stays.

Apr 18, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: They signed a tankless water heater? ]

North Carolina’s hires after his first stint were ehhh. Fedora gave a brief glimmer of hope then fizzled out.

How long will Mack stay and will they get someone from his staff to replace him? After Muschump gets fired will Mack hire him and let Chumpy be the the coach-in-waiting AGAIN?!?

??

~JKB

Mack Brown is seriously upgrading UNC's talent

Apr 18, 2020, 6:18 AM

There is no doubt that Mack Brown is going to turn UNC around with the talent he is getting. This is good for the ACC and the Coastal Division in particular as the Coastal has been a dumpster fire for quite some time now...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29050518/tar-heels-land-11th-commit-espn-300-second-best-fbs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good on Coach Brown, and not to make light of the job...

Apr 18, 2020, 6:55 AM

he & staff are doing, but Clemson is nailing it, leading the nation in average ratings.

Rivals: CU 4.1, UNC 3.43
247: CU 95.55, UNC 91.59

For those that are looking for other boats to rise in ACC! ACC! ACC! Football, Dabo's good friend & HC of UNC has it moving in the right direction.

I know GWPTiger® is all about Conference, & likely uncontrollably giddy about the prospects.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good on Coach Brown, and not to make light of the job...

Apr 18, 2020, 7:56 AM

Mack really is doing great and this is why we were so excited when he came back. I don’t think many Tar Heel fans think we will surpass Clemson but it’s just nice to put a competitive product on the field.

A lot of good friends that are UVA & UNC grads; both

Apr 18, 2020, 8:02 AM

should have far more competitive programs. They've had them in the past.

Not knowing how long Mack wants to continue, he had named Muschamp HCIW at Texas, wondering when he'd name another/do so again. Mack seems in great spirits, to have great personal strength, having found new life back on the sideline.

He's a good dude, Dabo thinks so, and did Dabo a huge favor when Dabo first took over as HC at Clemson.

Good luck when we get back to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC Passes Clemson for 2021 recruiting with Commits by Ranei

Apr 18, 2020, 9:14 AM

Its good to see somebody else in the ACC act like they have a clue about how to run a program. Having said that I'd rather have our 4 star guys than their 4 star guys, and its not even close.

Apr 18, 2020, 9:33 AM

Maybe I'm missing something but how is it good for Clemson if others rise in the ACC. I couldn't care less if they do. I don't get why everyone says that. A weak ACC hasn't stopped Clemson from making the playoff last five years.

Apr 18, 2020, 9:48 AM

That’s easy to answer. One of these days it will bite you if the ACC doesn’t get better. There was talk last year about whether Clemson deserved a playoff spot. Of course you deserved a spot and you were clearly one of the top 2 teams in the country. But one little blemish last year and you were out. Heck there was even talk about holding your 1 point win over us against you which is stupid. Also, wouldn’t it be nice to stop SEC fans from saying “you don’t play anybody?”

Apr 18, 2020, 11:18 AM

Yes it would be nice if certain SEC fans would shut up especially when Clemson has played two SEC opponents OOC pretty much every year for years and beaten them which is much more than many of them and our ACC opponents do with their OOC schedules.

Apr 18, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC Passes Clemson for 2021 recruiting with Commits by Ranei ]

Yep. We basically have to win every game convincingly or we risk being left out of the top 4.

Apr 18, 2020, 3:02 PM

Wasn't the case with 2016 and 2017 after losses to Syracuse and Pitt.

I’d love to see other ACC teams step up...except the Cheats.

Apr 18, 2020, 11:02 AM

This run by Dabo has been amazing and I want it to go on forever, but I have no problem with the vision of some of the other ACC teams righting their ships and going toe to toe with our Tigers. Obviously the Noles and Canes can get there, but I have always said that there are many programs in the ACC that are sleeping giants...the key is leveraging what makes them unique and great in their own way, and connecting with the recruits. VT, UVA, BC, GT, NCSU, Pitt. Many of them have the ingredients to at least have the occasional run of rock-solid teams, and I’d welcome any of them, except the Tarheels. More power to them but I hope Dabo beats his buddy Mack by about 60 each and every time he might see them in the championship until Mack declares he’s “getting too old for this ####” and moves on.

null

ACC getting better helps Clemson

Apr 18, 2020, 1:42 PM

for 2 reasons.

CU needs to experience playing stronger teams. Needed to get ready for the Playoffs.

CU stands to get left out of the Playoffs due to the weak schedule. Had there been 5 undefeated teams last season, CU woudda been left out due to having such a weak schedule. Maybe a 1-loss SEC Champ woudda been in over CU. Had LSU lost in OT to UGA, with so many Top Ten wins including at bama, either LSU or UGA mighta been in over CU. NOT arguing this woudda been fair, just reality.

Re: ACC getting better helps Clemson

Apr 18, 2020, 3:29 PM

ROTFL Dude check how many playoff wins Clemson has since it started. They don't need to experience anything else to get ready.

Good thing for LSU - Clemson was in the playoffs and saved them from Playing OSU.

Who is Lsu's non conference opponents this year? Nichols,UTSA,and Rice. Why don't they play a second P-5 team OOC like Clemson or Georgia? Better look out for Nichols though Georgia barely escaped them by 2 pts a few years ago.

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic