Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What i've read from ND fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

What i've read from ND fans...

Dec 3, 2018, 4:18 PM

ND beat Cuse by 33 so we are better than Clemson.

Clemson's margin of victory in the FSU, Pitt, and Wake Forest games doesn't matter.

Southern Cal is better than everyone in the ACC.

Clemson has no chance defending our duo of 6'4 WR's and our 6'5 TE downfield.

Clemson needed a Miracle to beat A&M

ND only played close games against Vandy and Ball State because of Wimbush, and would have blown them out if Book started.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What i've heard from ND fans...

Dec 3, 2018, 4:22 PM

Sounds about right. From golden dome fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 4:25 PM

Tell them they need to recite five Hail Marys! And hope that the Tigers are kind to them!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This looks about right...

Dec 4, 2018, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Re: What i've heard from ND fans... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlfjhEBAWQ

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That's not at all what I have heard***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when fans think and act like fans***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 4:25 PM

It will be settled on the field.

Well, thank you

Dec 3, 2018, 4:29 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ND fans I know think Clemson will win.***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:27 PM

Re: The ND fans I know think Clemson will win.***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:33 PM

The ND fans I know are sure Clemson will win.***

Re: What i've read from ND fans...

Dec 3, 2018, 5:31 PM

ND beat Cuse by 33 so we are better than Clemson.
Nope - we did have a little QB issue, but overcame it.

Clemson's margin of victory in the FSU, Pitt, and Wake Forest games doesn't matter.
ND's margin of victory doesn't matter in any game..... ever.

Southern Cal is better than everyone in the ACC.
Spot the ball and let's find out.

Clemson has no chance defending our duo of 6'4 WR's and our 6'5 TE downfield.
Could be true - particularly the TE - but only if the QB has time to throw.

Clemson needed a Miracle to beat A&M
True, but not as many miracles as A&M needed to keep it close.

ND only played close games against Vandy and Ball State because of Wimbush, and would have blown them out if Book started.
Yeah, OK - we're still breaking in a new QB, too. We'll see which one gets it done.

Dec 3, 2018, 5:52 PM

Great breakdown. Missed one data point: Dungey also left game early so ND was playing a team without their starting qb.

Conversely, we beat them without our starting qb and a redshirt freshman who had played very little.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: What i've read from ND fans... ]

I noticed the ND fans just happened to forget to mention the other close game, a 5 point win over Pitt at ND and Wimbush was on the bench. We'll see December 29th.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What i've read from ND fans... ]

Frankly, I think the OP made all this up. I've seen a lot of asinine posts from fans of the top six in the last few days, but It's hard to believe that any fans could be quite THIS asinine. Maybe he was on some middle-school site, though; I suppose a 12-year-old might say things like this.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong by citing his sources. Anyway, refuting such obvious drivel seems to me to be a waste of brain power.

They better leave the nuns home

Dec 3, 2018, 5:45 PM

Could get obscene.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: They better leave the nuns home

Dec 4, 2018, 12:01 PM

Oh, so now we're stooping to insulting other people's religion? I thought this was a high class place.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:10 PM

I work with about 6, Nd fans I’ve heard the same thing I think they forget Lawrence went down ans Brice played the whole 2nd half. We drugged Pitt a team they should’ve lost to

I seem to remember reading that the O310 sports writers were

Dec 3, 2018, 8:46 PM

more than confident until they saw us up close and personal on the field in pre game.....

Kind of like Nebraska when the saw the weights trailer...***

Dec 4, 2018, 1:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 6:15 PM

Whatever helps them sleep at night!

Thos WRs and TE will be an issue if their O-Line plays....

Dec 3, 2018, 8:29 PM

half way decent. They also have a pretty good RB to balance things out. This game will be a tough one and hopefully our O shows up ready to go from the get go.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thos WRs and TE will be an issue if their O-Line plays....

Dec 4, 2018, 2:00 AM

....And our D!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

When we get finished with the Irish, they're going to think

Dec 3, 2018, 8:32 PM

that the 1916 Easter Rising wasn't all that bad.

Re: When we get finished with the Irish, they're going to think

Dec 4, 2018, 11:09 AM

Nuh-uhhh. When we get done with you, there's gonna be a whole brand new Trail of Tears. So there.

ND fans know what we know...nothing!***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: ND fans know what we know...nothing!***

Dec 4, 2018, 12:03 PM

The voice of reason speaks. :)

Dec 3, 2018, 9:03 PM

Notre Dame and Clemson vs Syr/WF/FSU/Pitt (Opp)

ElementNDOppCUOpp
Score37.514.347.811.5
1st downs24.519.422.012.3
3rd dwns eff26/5527/6821/5816/71
3rd dwns %47%40%36%23%
Tot yards467299528252
Passing253149231150
..comp/attempts86/13173/14478/12757/124
..yd/pass7.64.17.04.0
..INTs thrown1.31.30.51.0
Rushing214150296102
..attempts41404040
..yd/rush5.13.77.42.3
..Fumbles lost0.30.30.750.75
Penalties23/20119/18317/13534/274

Dec 3, 2018, 9:16 PM

If you're going onto Twitter and seeing this stuff, I get it. Head over to irishenvy.com if you want to see some more rational ND fans. It's the biggest non-subscription ND site out there. I'm not seeing any of those posts over there. In regards to your points:
1. We dominated Syracuse with their QB out and it was what it was. Might have been different with Dungy or it might have not been.
2. I can see this one. Margin of victory doesnt mean much when you kick the crap out of two of those teams. We played bad against Pitt and it showed. That's a fair point.
3. I literally haven't seen that sentiment anywhere on an ND forum.
4. Dont know if it's considered a miracle. Clemson has improved every game as the season went on and weren't as good as they are now when they played A&M.
5. Its a true point. We didnt have Book starting and we didnt have our RB Dexter William's back until our fourth game. Our offense over the last 8 games since Book and Dexter has been pretty good. Were ranked top 30 in offense even with the first 3 games stats.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:20 PM

Forgot to add in a point I missed about our wide outs and our TE's. There tough guys to cover that can win one on one balls. Definitely far from the sentiment of "they cant cover us", but their size and skill are nothing to scoff at.

My Guess

Dec 4, 2018, 2:24 AM

I appreciate your incite. I honestly think the game could go three ways: 1) We win a close one, 2) You win a close one, 3) We run you out of the stadium.

Ian Book will be one of the better QB’s (I think Finley is clearly better and I would put Dungey ahead of him by a small margin, I actually put Book in the same category as Duke’s QB) we have faced and you guys have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. With almost a month to prepare, I expect you guys to exploit the back end of our secondary (primarily because your running game is solid enough for us to have to attend to). Play action passes will cost us some points down the middle of the field. You are well coached enough to game plan our weaknesses as well as the perceived adjustments that will be implemented to correct them.

No disrespect, but I will steal coach Swinney’s verbiage here... regardless of your game plan and athletes, I believe “It’s all about Clemson” in the end. You have athletes and discipline on defense, but no one in college football (including Bama) has the explosive balance we do on offense. I honestly do not think even on your best day that you will be able to keep us under 35 points... and if we (our play callers and skill positions) are “on” it will be upper 40’s.

Our defense is the key... you may get off a chunk run or two, but you will not run the football effectively and consistently against this group. Book will have to have a Mond or Bentley type day (the game of their lives with their respective receivers having the games of their lives) for you to put up big numbers through the air. It could happen, but I do not expect it.

I’m going to guess 44 - 27 Tigers

Re: My Guess

Dec 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

I think the biggest potential mismatch is our OL and your DL. We're missing Alex Bars, our best lineman, and the OL has been a bit of a work in progress all year anyway with the loss of Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey. Meanwhile, you guys probably have the best DL in the country, a little better than Michigan's.

Meanwhile, though, our DL is one of the best out there as well, and may be a little better than your OL. This game will probably come down to whose line handles the other better for both teams. If your OL can keep us out, then you may well have the sort of score you predict. If not, it's going to be a low-scoring game.

I'm not willing to predict a score, because things could go either way. But, although I think we're a better team than most people think, I still like your chances better than ours.

Re: My Guess

Dec 4, 2018, 12:08 PM

You guys have impressed me this year. I agree your DL should give our OL some problems. I thought you guys would blow out USC though. Looking forward to the game.

Dec 4, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: What i've read from ND fans... ]

The size of our WRs is less of an issue for Clemson than it is for most of the other teams we've played. Trayvon Mullen and A.J. Terrell are both 6'2" and run about a 4.5 40. Sure, Miles Boykin is 6'4" and Chase Claypool is 6'5", and both run about a 4.5 as well, but these two corners are far from the mismatch that we usually enjoy. These two guys can shadow our two guys quite effectively. Meanwhile, safety Tanner Muse is quick enough to keep up with Chris Finke, our slot receiver, and at 6'3" he's a good deal taller than 5'10" Chris Finke. Of course, Brad Hawkins, the safety that Finke "Mossed" for a TD catch in the Michigan game, was 6'2", so Finke has a way of holding is own against bigger defenders. I'd say the Notre Dame WRs and the Clemson DBs are about an even matchup.

Dec 4, 2018, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: What i've read from ND fans... ]

1.b... Clemson played and beat Syracuse with what was their 3rd string QB the week prior after losing Trevor Lawrence early in the game.

4b. Clemson played Texas A&M while still in a QB rotation battle with a QB no longer on the team. The QB playing now, scored on a long ball pass first down he played in the game, but at that time wasn't quite ready for that big of a road game (biggest road crowd Clemson has played in front of...ever). That's changed obviously.

Dec 4, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: What i've read from ND fans... ]

Also stop by onefootdown.com, the sbnation site for Notre Dame.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:27 PM

I would hope being ND fans they'd pull for and expect their team to win. Otherwise they're kinda bad at this whole fan thing.
Just sayin'....??

I hope we see the 15 and 16 version of Clemson's playoff

Dec 3, 2018, 9:34 PM

Football. ND has no idea what type of buzzsaw they are going to run into.

Re: I hope we see the 15 and 16 version of Clemson's playoff

Dec 4, 2018, 11:47 AM

Sure, pal, we're just lambs headed for the slaughter.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:48 AM

Spot the ball!

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

Dec 4, 2018, 4:49 AM

Don't know where you're doing your reading, but maybe you need to find somewhere else to read. There are plenty of ND fans who are grownups, just like there are at Clemson. I'm sure you'll find some if you look, just like I will.

My feeling is that Clemson is better than Notre Dame, but not as much better as a lot of people seem to think. Notre Dame has been flying under the radar a bit this year, and I'd say our chances of covering an 11-point spread aren't too bad.

Anyway, I expect it to be a good game, and I'm looking forward to it.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic