Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Steven Sund guy isn't having
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

This Steven Sund guy isn't having

Feb 23, 2021, 1:14 PM

it and I love it. They are trying to pin the problems of January 6th on him and he is obliterating these Dem Rep's that are trying to destroy his credibility. He already lost his job and now they want to drag him through the mud and I can appreciate him not letting them do that today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"These criminals came prepared for war"

Feb 23, 2021, 2:00 PM

Sorry you couldn't be there.

I don't know what dems you think he's obliterating. It's pretty clear multiple people are responsible for the failures on January 6th and he's one of them. No way he wouldn't have read the FBI intelligence warning him this would happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "These criminals came prepared for war"

Feb 23, 2021, 2:02 PM

I have an issue with the fbi only sending an email (if that's true)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 4:12 PM [ in reply to "These criminals came prepared for war" ]

How Sund was that under-prepared was and is mind-boggling.

He literally had no Plan B, and his Plan A was so paper-thin I truly do wonder if it was actually meant to fail.

Part of me truly still wonders if His Orangeness truly did try to engineer at least a soft coup attempt. I've always nursed the suspicion Trump wanted that angry mob in there and I really, truly wonder if the Capitol brass - especially the good Steven Sund - deliberately slow-played their response to give that mob a better chance of getting inside. I wondered that then and I still do, sorry, and nothing I saw today really convinced me otherwise.

Either Sund was a genuine idiot or he was complicit. Neither is a good look, whatever. He was responsible for the worst security failure in US history, for certain, with maybe the exception of Pearl Harbor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 4:57 PM [ in reply to "These criminals came prepared for war" ]

He has proof down the minute on his phone records and in his briefings and at 3 of the meetings he was smart enough to take 2 Assistants with him.

Dude should be commended and he will show up again in some kind of role. He is good.

Feb 23, 2021, 5:16 PM

I'm just shaking my head here. It is hard to fail more comprehensively and spectacularly at one's job than this guy did, and at a more critical juncture. Congress was literally in the process of certifying a national election.

If ever there was a time to not let an angry mob into the Capitol, that would be the time.

If he was in the military, he would have likely already been dishonorably discharged. It's hard to overstate how badly this guy blew it, it really is. This was about a General Custer at Little Bighorn level performance, it really was, but at least General Custer had balls and the decency to die with his men.

Feb 23, 2021, 5:46 PM

Wrong

Feb 23, 2021, 6:52 PM

Clearly there was a massive preparation problem between Sund and somebody, because there was a paper-mache line of riot cops - if you can call it that - without really even a flying wedge of reinforcements for them if things got dicey, no real backup, and no Holy Sh!t National Guard option if stuff got totally out of control. You always have worst case on standby in case stuff goes ape and it seems nobody had even mapped out a basic gameplan for the day.

There was at least a stadium-full of potentially armed protesters arriving in Washington and the Capitol cops were massively, massively outnumbered from the get-go, and somehow there was exactly no deployment plan.

Explain that. Seriously. Because I sure as @#$% can't. And Sund hasn't even begun to.

Feb 23, 2021, 7:06 PM

Soooo....100k armed insurrectionists, and the only shot fired was in the face of an unarmed woman?

Feb 23, 2021, 7:35 PM

Do you even have a point?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic