Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the Muse haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

For the Muse haters

Dec 16, 2019, 11:24 PM

Muse was second team all American on PFF and third team on the AP. He had a grade over 90 through the Wake game. Not sure what it is now but probably about the same. He has a QB completion percentage when throwing to him in the low 40s. He isn't a top 5 safety in the eyes of people who cover football just because he is good at run support.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, Muse is on an island and when he messes up

Dec 16, 2019, 11:32 PM

it's not hard to notice that he was the one that messed up. That's the bad part about playing safety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, Muse is on an island and when he messes up

Dec 16, 2019, 11:37 PM

QB on defense!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Muse has played a lot over his time here. He's been a tremendous

Dec 17, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Unfortunately, Muse is on an island and when he messes up ]

asset in our defensive plan and has numbers to back it up. Like you said, he plays on an island... a high-intellect position that requires split second decisions as far as run or pass support, and yeah he's not perfect. He has had a couple blown assignments being in that role, but is there any safety who doesn't lose that battle sometimes? Those couple blown coverages stand out because he's the last line of defense and all cameras fall on him. But overall I'd put his resume and body of work up against any safety anywhere. He loves being a Tiger and playing the game, he's a motor guy, he'll hit you, he plays with fire and intelligence, and he makes plays.

Re: Muse has played a lot over his time here. He's been a tremendous

Dec 17, 2019, 10:37 PM

I am still waiting to see the number of posts for an Isiah Simmons Hater (there are none as guy is stud) or Wallace sucks (wouldn’t be a reason as he is the man.

I was speaking with my best friend whom we went to Clemson together. And we were talking about why we both didn’t like watching our secondary withTanner Muse. Last year we would keep seeing our team blow coverages and it was always #19. Sure we loved our team and loved so much of Clemson football (we are blessed). But we were always frustrated by how many bad plays he gave up.

And granted - it has been less than last year. But it still is there more than any other player on the team. Then there was the ACC championship. It’s the old here we go again. So for some of us who use this forum to express our concerns or express things we love with common people ... this post is an honest reflection of our team from our vantage point

Re: Muse has played a lot over his time here. He's been a tremendous

Dec 18, 2019, 12:33 PM

I have seen Wallace get beat just as much as Muse and K'Von is my favorite player.

There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater

Dec 16, 2019, 11:53 PM

and that’s a Muse apologist. I mean, come on. Everyone has a weakness. His are glaring and yet you lame a$& bleeding hearts actually spend time researching his good qualities. Like those somehow offset his weaknesses. Only losers think people are all good or all bad. Life doesn’t work that way. We all have good and bad in us. Pointing out ones weaknesses doesn’t make Muse all bad. It just makes him human. So stop trying to promote him as flawless. You just look silly.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater

Dec 17, 2019, 12:07 AM

There has never been another player whom I have watched at Clemson who strikes more fear in their own fan bases as Tanner Muse.

Also, is there any other thread from any other player which is talked about more than Tanner confused.

Sorry folks. Anytime the ball is thrown deep on the tigers, I am just praying I don’t see 19 anywhere near the coverage.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:13 AM

It’s kind of the way I felt Ray Ray McLeod fielding punts.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:59 PM

Oh no Not Ray Ray. Remember that time Ray Ray dropped the ball before crossing the goal line on a punt return touchdown.? I used to cring every time he fielded a punt.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

You haven't been watching Clemson football very long if you don't remember the Ford twins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get outta here with that mess. He's a starter on the

Dec 17, 2019, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

defending national champion. He's made tons of plays over his career. You act like he's a liability and Coach V has it wrong in starting him. Muse goes up against one of the best offenses in the country everyday in practice, and he has earned his starting role through his playing abilities, hence one of the best defensive coordinators (maybe the best) in the country sees it fit to place that huge responsibility on him. Muse ain't perfect, but he's been an integral part of one of the best defenses in the nation over his time here. Let's try to use common sense here.

Re: Get outta here with that mess. He's a starter on the

Dec 17, 2019, 11:35 PM

I can’t fault Coach V for this

Dec 17, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

you make no sense...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 12:09 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

Agree. Tanner has been burned on double moves a lot. This becomes a team weakness if exploited. It’s not anti Tanner to acknowledge this. It’s just a fact.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:03 PM

who hasn't been burned by double moves a lot if they play a lot ?

Dec 17, 2019, 5:22 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

Dabo must really be a DA because he keeps sticking Muse back out there. Fire Dabo!! SHEESH!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WoW

Dec 17, 2019, 7:03 AM

That escalated quickly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

that’s jumping the shark. Dabo plays who he has to play

Dec 17, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

nm

Dec 17, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

Nobody is saying he is flawless. Just saying that he is one of the best safeties in the nation in the eyes of many outside of our fan base but inside our fan base we have people acting like he doesn't know how to cover. He is going to get beat when a team matches up their best WR on him. That is BVs fault not his. I don't think he is the best cover S in college but he sure ain't the worst like many of you make him out to be and quite frankly it is pathetic.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

You do not grade over 90 in college football while having a glaring weakness. Sorry bro.

^^gullable^^***

Dec 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

Re: ^^gullable^^***

Dec 17, 2019, 9:58 AM

You must not know much about the sport.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA***

Dec 17, 2019, 10:38 AM

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA***

Dec 17, 2019, 11:19 AM

You have zero stats to backup anything you imply about Muse. I have seen him get beat a few times. I have seen Ed Reed get beat a few times as well.

I saw Minka Fitzpatrick get beat repeatedly by Renfrow.

Dec 17, 2019, 3:11 PM

Fitzpatrick was Alabama’s weak link obviously.

Dec 17, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*** ]

Did you just try to compare Tanner Muse to Ed Reed?

Dec 17, 2019, 6:46 PM

Lmao no I'm just saying that even the greatest get beat sometimes. It's not like Muse gets burnt every game.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:49 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

Deer RU4GOD2®,

I am embarrassed for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

please.....***

Dec 17, 2019, 9:53 AM

I'm assuming your handle is a question..

Dec 17, 2019, 9:59 AM

And not your position...otherwise, your judgement of Muse is...well...outside your lane. Not to mention the harsh comments you've made of others' opinions. Wow...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christian doesn't mean passive***

Dec 17, 2019, 10:38 AM

Does it mean aggressively critical to the point of obnoxious?***

Dec 17, 2019, 11:10 AM

Sometimes it does. but obnoxious is subjective.***

Dec 17, 2019, 1:46 PM

Re: Sometimes it does. but obnoxious is subjective.***

Dec 17, 2019, 7:48 PM

I'm not sure how calling someone a "lame ###" is spreading the love of Christ.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Religion didn't come up...

Dec 17, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Christian doesn't mean passive*** ]

Assumed it was a 'faith' thing...but, maybe it's idolatry. I'll go with that...

Honestly tho your stance makes it appear you're

Dec 17, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to please.....*** ]

not seeing the big picture or really dont understand the overall scope of the game. Muse has the numbers and output to show his worth, and perhaps the best defensive coordinator in the country sees it fit to start him. Even if you ignore the stats and grades, do you think you know better than Coach V?

That's odd coming from a person named ru4god

Dec 17, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

But anyway

We are fans... or job is simple. Support the team.

Coaches have to deal with strengths and weaknesses...we don't. They get paid to do it. We don't.

If you are looking for some extra work with no pay, I have a bunch of leaves that are weak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Go Tigers!

Dec 17, 2019, 1:09 PM

It's Go Tigers all the time!
Muse isn't a bad player obviously based on what you put up. Someone said it, "you just grind your teeth they are not able to exploit that match up often"! There have been some that were just "missed opportunities" but the play was open. The WR was open just a bad throw or a drop. Then the well publicized ones we know about.
I don't think he's a horrible football player! I don't know if you would call it Hate; by saying he could get much better in pass coverage either! He is 10 - 15 times greater than I am at it; so not being obnoxious with it. But, it's something people who watch football see. No hate at all.
I have read his draft profile and more than one writer/scout see him as a LB at the next level! For all the reasons people have already said!
Those people didn't hate him. They love his ability! I love his ability in "ALL" aspects of the game. But, this is one that has to be worked on. The stats don't say it; but they also include over throws and dropped passes. Some of which - the play was there with a better pass(pass rush responsible) or WR was thrown off(other secondary members) his timing and the ball dropped.

Go Tigers! Go Tanner Muse!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

No one said he didn't have weaknesses. The true losers are the ones who continue to put him down for it every chance they get. He is a Tiger and he has been huge. Trevor has more interceptions than Muse has blown coverages but I don't hear you harping on that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 3:16 PM

Awe I must have hurt one of you losers little feelings. Just so you know I'm so not sorry. Loser!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bingo!***

Dec 17, 2019, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

LOL yeah those 'apologists' thinking 2nd team AA is good

Dec 17, 2019, 3:28 PM [ in reply to There’s only one thing worse than a Muse hater ]

What morans!

Re: For the Muse haters

Dec 17, 2019, 7:55 AM

Hes had a very good season, people just have a short memory and only see him getting burned in the ACCC game.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:19 AM

It wasn't he got burned in the ACC championship its, he looked way out of his league on those pass plays. Isiah had to save him on that deep pass later in the game were the receiver had beaten him again and would have caught it and probably scored, if not. Tanner was running like he was drunk at the end of that deflection by Isiah. starting to look a little like Kearse at the end of his career. Hope that Gamecock Cheerleader girlfriend of his hasn't put some curse on him!

Dec 17, 2019, 2:25 PM

HF had 7 passes completed against him before the ACC championship game. That's one of the best in the ACC and nationally for a safety. A safety getting beat by a team's #1 receiver isn't bad, that's expected.

Dec 17, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

Wow. That was spot on.

I don't hate Muse

Dec 17, 2019, 9:05 AM

He's done a lot of great things for us and deserves his accolades. But you have to admit there are things he needs to work on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't hate Muse

Dec 17, 2019, 11:19 AM

He's done a lot of great things for us and deserves his accolades. But you have to admit there are things he needs to work on.

+1
When Muse arrived he was a thumper who rarely wrapped up. The lack of discipline made him a targeting penalty waiting to happen. Over the past 2 yrs he has worked hard to improve his tackling discipline, his pursuit angles, and also his ability to track the ball and catch it for interceptions. That’s the good. On the bad, he still gets caught by eye candy in the backfield because he’s needed for run defense support. And finally, he can not cover the speedy WR’s and thus looks like as silly as BB10 trying to cover downfield.

That’s Tanner Muse, 2019 All American, the really good, the bad, and the ugly.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:23 AM

I completely agree. Ofcourse teams can get mismatches on him he is a safety. That is what teams do. Try to get their best WR matched up with a safety. People act as if he is horrible at coverage when he holds qbs to 43% and has 4 ints.

Dec 17, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't hate Muse ]

People keep saying Muse is slow. He’s not slow by any stretch of the imagination. He just doesn’t have the hip movement that corners have. He just doesn’t have that movement..... that’s why he’s a safety and not a cornerback

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 17, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to I don't hate Muse ]

True for us all...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:55 AM

They will be singing his praises again (just like last year) after his big game stops in the playoffs!

Dec 17, 2019, 3:19 PM

I want Clemson to win as much as anyone in here.

But the thought of Tanner Confused being isolated on any OSU or LSU WR really freaks me out. Especially when OSU uses RPO on 100% of the plays and Fields is going to take off down field. This is where he got exposed big time in ACC and in the past.

I miss the days when we had Peters swaying back and forth

Dec 17, 2019, 1:50 PM

Doing the ‘Swag Surf’ with our ‘No Fly Zone’ DBs. You could insert Peters in there and it didn’t matter who he was line up against...tight ends, you name...he’d get physical. He wasn’t intimidated. Even though there were doubters, Peters was thrust into action on many different formations, option, spread option, spread eagle....dude was relentless and could do it all. Don’t get me wong, we still have a good D...a VERY stout D, but we have it go back and forth in different positions throughout the years but it’s hard to complain when we’re winning.

Dec 17, 2019, 1:54 PM

It's tough to ignore the times he gets burned like in the last Bama game, or the ACC title game where if it hadn't been for Simmons, it'd have been a big play. Does that make me a hater?

Am I supposed to also just go along with Spiers having a great net punting average when his punts come off the side of his foot or go 30 yards a lot of times? Best is the standard, right?

if this is the latest t-net complaining thread, cool, at least it's not "But ESPN hates us!" "Pawl said this about us..." waaaahhhhhH!

Dec 17, 2019, 2:29 PM

Wait, a safety got burned by the best receiver in college football? I'm shocked that would happen. He must suck.

Dec 17, 2019, 3:54 PM

for crying out loud, is the UVa guy who burnt him the best receiver in college football? pull your head out of the sand. Just because the guy plays for Clemson, doesn't make him immune from criticism. This thirst for finding things to complain about is completely ridiculous.

Your last sentence says it all!

Dec 17, 2019, 6:19 PM

The thirst for finding things to complain about is completely ridiculous.

Complaining about a guy on a team with a 28 game winning streak who was just named am All-American has to be a type of sickness.

He gets beat by Jeudy for the long TD and he sucks. But, then he makes a beautiful hit to stop Tua from converting a critical 4th down that kept Bama from getting back into the game.

An honest assessment would look at his entire body of work and conclude that Tanner Muse is a fine all around player who has and continues to contribute greatly to Clemson’s success.

His good plays far outweigh his bad plays.

Dec 17, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

Ofcourse Muse needs to continue to work on his coverage skills but he is still much better than most of our fans give him credit for. The UVA guy has almost 1000 yards on the season so im sure he has burnt many safeties this year. It's called a mismatch and it happens sometimes.

Dec 17, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

Ofcourse Muse needs to continue to work on his coverage skills but he is still much better than most of our fans give him credit for. The UVA guy has almost 1000 yards on the season so im sure he has burnt many safeties this year. It's called a mismatch and it happens sometimes.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

Pull my head out of the sand? The guy that beat him would beat 95 percent of safeties in the country 1 on 1. A #1 reciever on a safety is a mismatch all coaches look for. Muse is one of the best safeties in the country, period. Very little of the criticism of him is based on any kind of football knowledge.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:44 PM

Atleast somebody knows something about football. These people blow my mind. Ofcourse it would be great if he could run support like he does and cover like AJ Terrell but that just doesn't come around very often. He is pretty dang good at coverage considering how big and strong he is.

Are you the bitter LSU fan that calls into Walt's show

Dec 17, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

and gripes about his takes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 17, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

You realize that was Bama's number 1 WR and same goes for UVA.

Dec 17, 2019, 2:09 PM

Tanner Muse has played well this year. I would want him on my team.

It's a good filter to discover who nothing about football

Dec 17, 2019, 3:27 PM

If a Clemson fan starts complaining about Muse, I know I can effectively assume they know absolutely nothing about how the defense works.

Re: It's a good filter to discover who nothing about football

Dec 17, 2019, 3:32 PM

Usually when a long pass TD is scored, then an instant replay is put on, you see a Clemson player wearing number 19 who has a clear responsibility for an area getting beat on a play. You kinda think ok this is a problem.

When it happens over and over and over again - then you go to Tigernet to vent with like minded and not like minded people about one issue we have on our team.

And again - I think the Offense is unreal, our CB's are really good and LB play has been exceptional. We just have to overcome Muse to win the next two games.

GoTigers

Dec 17, 2019, 7:02 PM

Please tell me how many times it has happened. People keep saying the Bama game and the UVA game. That was a year apart.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a good filter to discover who nothing about football ]

He got beat 7 times in 12 games before the ACC championship. Like he said, it shows how little football knowledge people have. Just because you see 19 trailing behind doesn't mean he had coverage responsibility.

Now...let's bust on Terrell...

Dec 17, 2019, 8:30 PM

For the UNC game! Sheesh, we were hardly settled on the sofa before he got schooled! We need big-time cornerback help! And ETN's fumble...sheesh...! ;)

Re: Now...let's bust on Terrell...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:47 PM

Perfection is key!!!

you missed your own point.

Dec 17, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a good filter to discover who nothing about football ]

We very, very rarely have deep balls completed against us. We are one of the best pass defending teams in the country, and Tanner Muse is a big reason for that. You seem to have an issue seeing the forest thru the trees.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:09 PM

He is sometimes a liability and sometimes an asset so make of what you may.

I'm a Tanner Muse supporter and think it's sad...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:17 PM

...that some on here denigrate the young man. Besides the many great plays he's made for our Tigers, the 2nd or 3rd team AA selection should be validation enough. The guy's not a perfect safety, but what a dang warrior he is. Much respect to Tanner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I'm a Tanner Muse supporter and think it's sad...

Dec 17, 2019, 9:32 PM

War-dog : Tanner Muse! That’s a fast and talented wrecking ball.

bingo!***

Dec 17, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I'm a Tanner Muse supporter and think it's sad... ]

Dec 17, 2019, 9:53 PM

Muse "hater"? There may be some on Tigernet who have pointed to flaws in Muse's game but why would anyone call them Muse "haters"? Tanner is a VERY key part of Clemson's defense.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:06 PM

The ones who say they hate when he is in and that claim he gets beat all the time. The ones who say he doesn't know how to cover and don't think he should start. Those are haters.

Trust me there are some pretty aggressive Muse haters

Dec 17, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Muse haters ]

You should see comments during a game.

Dec 17, 2019, 10:25 PM

He has a high motor.

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive