Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season?

Oct 26, 2019, 11:26 PM

Arkansas is awful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm getting the vibe

Oct 26, 2019, 11:28 PM

that he's never had the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm getting the vibe

Oct 26, 2019, 11:29 PM

Me too. Hate it for him but they aren’t getting any better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm getting the vibe

Oct 26, 2019, 11:30 PM

Is SMU getting the Texas kids he was supposed to get?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season?

CM was full of himself, he was never ready to leave and be a head coach. He thought the grass was greener on the other side.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 11:32 PM

I’m with you. I think he was a little too eager to bail on us and then SMU.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season? ]

I always thought the same. He seemed to be floating HC possibilities every year. Pulse, his first speech to the Arkansas team seemed to be ripped directly from the book of Dabo vision and philosophy.

Yeah, that video made me cringe

Oct 27, 2019, 10:53 PM

He sounded like a strict used car salesman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their recruiting is going well

I think they give him another year just to get the kids in the program.

I don't think you can.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:33 PM

Arkansas hasn't shown even the slightest hint of developing any kind of talent. Losing to San Jose St this year and North Texas last year isn't something that would've happened in West era Clemson.

He will be Willie Taggert - "ed"!

Oct 26, 2019, 11:37 PM

He will soon start getting the Willie Taggert Treatment! Except FSU might actually make a bowl game this year!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He will be Willie Taggert - "ed"!

Oct 26, 2019, 11:37 PM

Arkansas is terrible - Boston College would beat Arkansas by 10 points.

I think BC by 21

Oct 27, 2019, 6:43 AM

AJ Dillon would run roughshod on them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

leave coach west out of it

Oct 26, 2019, 11:59 PM [ in reply to I don't think you can. ]

He never had the program in that kind of shape. He had a rough last year but we still beat the snot out of uofsc. Nothing like losing to North Texas or San Jose St.

True, that's why I said the exact same thing.***

Oct 27, 2019, 3:37 AM

Yeah but you act like it was even close and worthy of comparison***

Oct 27, 2019, 4:00 AM

This is true

Oct 27, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to leave coach west out of it ]

If you look at the 1998 3-8 season we actually competed in most games. A lot of close losses

Re: Their recruiting is going well

Oct 26, 2019, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Their recruiting is going well ]

247 has them 13th out of 14 in the SEC

Oct 27, 2019, 11:05 PM

Only usuc behind them? ?? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2019, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Their recruiting is going well ]

Well SMU looks pretty good and CM had a little to do with that. Just like Taggart at Florida St, they have a major job to do. Taggart more culture, Morris more talent. They both need at least 4 years to claim the programs! Just my old school view!

No, Arkansas was a very bad team before he got there.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:36 PM

Go look at their record the 5 season before he arrived. If you Fire a Coach after two seasons your only hurting your program.

Re: No, Arkansas was a very bad team before he got there.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:39 PM

Just doesn’t seem like they are making any progress. He’s an offensive genius right? They scored 7 point vs Alabama. Even the coots scored more than that.

Re: No, Arkansas was a very bad team before he got there.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:49 PM

Every good coach needs players; go back and look at our scores the 1st two seasons BV got here we had lots of high scoring shootouts that we won because of DW4.

You mean Tajh Boyd

Oct 27, 2019, 1:04 AM

Otherwise you are spot on. Our defense still stunk in 2012 and wasn't great in 2013 either. It took BV 3 years to get the D turned around.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:54 PM

I think Arkansas is playing as expected. He needs another year at the least imo. He inherited a dumpster fire.

Oct 26, 2019, 11:58 PM

Carlsbad® said:

I think Arkansas is playing as expected. He needs another year at the least imo. He inherited a dumpster fire.

I have no idea where you stand on the following Carlsbad but it amazes me on tnet many people do not have the same mindset for W. Taggert. Who also inherited a dumpster fire. FSU had to play a make up from hurricane game versus UL Monroe in order to become bowl eligible. Were among the nations leader in having their QB sacked and I believe lost their bowl game. Yet, in less than two years people seem to want our division rival to get good quick. I am enjoying FSU being down personally!

Oct 27, 2019, 12:13 AM

But FSU has tons of talent. Arkansas doesn’t.

Oct 27, 2019, 12:25 AM

But FSU has tons of talent. Arkansas doesn’t.

Still doesn't explain how WT is getting "less than" two years to turn FSU around when they were a dumpster fire before he ever arrived!

no the talent difference is a huge part of it.

Oct 27, 2019, 12:39 AM

Taggart rolled into 4 and 5 stars all over the place.

Morris walked into a failed experiment at creating a mini Wisconsin type program is Arkansas. No talent to run a high-paced, athletic style of offense.

Re: no the talent difference is a huge part of it.

Oct 27, 2019, 12:52 AM

You guys are missing the point: "how much time one is given to fix a PRE-EXISTING dumpster fire"? 4 and 5 star players who had been a mess under a NC winning coach is supposed to be turned around by a non-NC winning coach in one year? Unreal expectation!
I feel bad for Coach Morris! But he signed up for that knowing Arkansas didn't have that kind of talent. But wait, "every team in the SEC has SEC speed" so no way San Jose St can win right?

I guess! Seems more double standard than anything as neither situation was in great shape when each one of these coaches took over!

I have always thought you let a coach get his first class in and let them play a couple seasons together to see if the needle is moved a bit. Both these situations should be a clue to everyone who think- "it's entitled to be a winning team"! No. We could have rough patches. I was a kid in 81 when we won and trust me: "been through some rough years as a Clemson fan"!

End of the day - I don't really care if Arkansas or FSU turn it around. I kind of don't want FSU to turn it around except for maybe "respectability". As long as Clemson is doing it big and winning at a high level not something we need to worry about.
If we did I would hope we gave a coach an honest opportunity to turn it around. Did you know Coach K nearly got ousted at Duke?
True story. The Iron Dukes wanted him gone! Imagine how bad a mistake that would have been?

your "dumpster fires" are apples and oranges.

Oct 27, 2019, 12:56 AM

It takes more to build the talent than it does to show signs of changing a mindset. No reason to fall off like FSU has.

Re: your "dumpster fires" are apples and oranges.

Oct 27, 2019, 8:44 AM

I agree. Unfortunately WT just looks lost. If I were an FSU fan I’d probably give him one more year but there would have to be major improvement next year.

FSU has been tons better than Arkansas though

Oct 27, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to your "dumpster fires" are apples and oranges. ]

They are at least going to make a bowl game

Oct 27, 2019, 3:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season? ]

They have weak talent in certain areas and decent talent in other areas.

Who does?***

Oct 27, 2019, 4:02 AM

Re: Who does?***

Oct 27, 2019, 4:08 AM

FSU

FSU has more stars on their roster than us.

Oct 27, 2019, 2:16 PM

They have talent all over the field. Unfortunately they play uninspired. That's directly on the coach.

Oct 27, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season? ]

Coach Morris is instituting a completely different offensive system without the skill players needed to use it. This is similar to the job Coach Collins is attempting at GT. I don't hear anyone calling for his head. Give the man a couple recruiting classes and then judge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU ranked 6th in current team talent

Oct 27, 2019, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Chad Morris lose his job after this season? ]

They aren't nearly that talented in reality

Oct 27, 2019, 1:09 AM

Recruiting misses and poor development have taken a toll there and that will likely bear itself out in the NFL draft over the next couple of years.

Also, it doesn't matter how many blue chip RBs and WRs you have when your OL is one of the worst in all of FBS.

Re: They aren't nearly that talented in reality

Oct 27, 2019, 4:09 AM

Exactly. FSU's issues ran deep. Jimbo would have been fired if he had stayed. He left a mess.

OL one of the worst in FBS?

Oct 27, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to They aren't nearly that talented in reality ]

Gimme a break, Walt.

Wait, wait. Are you trying to argue that FSU has NOT had

Oct 28, 2019, 8:54 AM

one of the worst OL's in FBS? That's an original take.. I'd love to hear some justification because they've near the very bottom in stats like sacks allowed, sack rate allowed, opponent havoc rate, line yards, etc for 3 years now. There has been some slight improvement this year, but their OL is still really bad.

no***

Oct 27, 2019, 12:00 AM

Oct 27, 2019, 4:48 AM

Not sure but he should...no offense but he’s in over his head!!! No pun intended!!!

Yes, but only if they fire him.***

Oct 27, 2019, 6:41 AM

Not unless the AD there is stupid.

Oct 27, 2019, 6:47 AM

If you don't give a coach 5 years to recruit and train talented players and build depth you will never have a top ten team. Chad instituted a completely new scheme on offense. Until his offense develops the defense is practicing against subpar offenses.

I don't like Chad, I think he's a 'grass is always greener,' type guy and I don't respect a guy who continues to look for a job the day he signs a contract.

Imo, it's more likely that Chad moves before they fire him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not unless the AD there is stupid.

Oct 27, 2019, 9:26 AM

Moves to where? Who would want him that’s a better opportunity?

Oct 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

Chad morris is not a good head coach for p5. He could do it at a small school. His ego far exceeds his ability. He should be fired asap. Arkansas will not improve much no matter how many years they give him. He is after the paycheck only.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:49 AM

Arkansas is just as big of a rebuilding project as GT. Totally different type of system.

Well considering SMU took off as soon as he vacated that

Oct 28, 2019, 9:52 AM

position I have to feel like there is a better man for the job and he is set to either forever be a OC, QB coach, or at best a FCS head coach perhaps. Good question.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic