Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So between VT or the fighting pergolas, who do we want to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

So between VT or the fighting pergolas, who do we want to

Nov 21, 2019, 10:51 AM

choke slam in the ACC championship more?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't UVA complete the set ??

Nov 21, 2019, 10:56 AM

Miami (check)
VT (check)
Pitt (check)
UNCheat (check)

No ... wait ... need to collect UVA, GT, and Duke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So between VT or the fighting pergolas, who do we want to

Nov 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

Whoever gives us the "most quality win". Virginia would probably be the best looking win for our resume in my opinion.

Nov 21, 2019, 11:07 AM

In Espn’s eyes, USuCk is a more quality win than either. Btw guys, load up on the Tigers by 24.5

Virginia will probably lose to Liberty and VT to Pittsburgh

Nov 21, 2019, 11:12 AM

this week anyways.

the resume really doesn't matter

Nov 21, 2019, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So between VT or the fighting pergolas, who do we want to ]

We're not going to move up via a "quality win". Just win the next 2 and we're in. While it would be nice from a fan perspective to play in ATL, it doesn't really matter. If we're truly the best team in America, we don't fear anyone, anywhere. I'm pretty Dabo and the team would agree.

We don't need to be concerned with "resume". Just win.

I will never root for VT to win any game in any sport

Nov 21, 2019, 10:59 AM

unless they were playing the coots, in which case I would root for both of them to lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hmmm. I take it there is some bad personal blood there?

Nov 21, 2019, 11:14 AM

That sounds like Jawja kind of hate right there.

Please elucidate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their fans are classless POSs

Nov 21, 2019, 11:23 AM

I shouldn't have to remind a Clemson fan about the time our band, in our stadium, played their alma mater out of respect after the VT shooting. Our stadium was completely silent and applauded their alma mater after the band finished playing. After that our band played our alma mater and their $#!tty fans started doing their stupid and moronic hokie chants during the entire playing of our alma mater. It was about the most disrespectful thing their fans could do after we showed a tremendous amount of respect.

Then look at where they seat our band when we travel to their little high school stadium.

Also, Frank Beamer was a scumbag, that for some reason is beloved even outside of VT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Their fans are classless POSs

Nov 21, 2019, 12:20 PM

I disagree about Beamer being a Scumbag. He's been a good Ambassador for College Football. Yes, he recruited some very questionable players during his Coaching days. But overall, I have no hate for the man. I live in Roanoke, so Hokie fans are all around me. And yes they're as annoying as Coots are. Their completely delusional and have way too high of expectations.

So you believe that when Shane Beamer was given Wake's

Nov 21, 2019, 12:43 PM

game plan in the infamous 0-0 game, that Frank Beamer had no knowledge of it? How about when Beamer had arrests of Michael Vick quashed, or made investigations of dog fighting while Michael Vick was at VT just seemingly disappear? Or when Beamer covered up Marcus Vick's arrest right before a bowl game?

Re: So you believe that when Shane Beamer was given Wake's

Nov 21, 2019, 5:03 PM

C'mon, I said he recruited some very questionable players during his Coaching days. But honestly, he did what almost 80% of what most college coaches do. Protect their players. I mean, look at what Saban has done for his. Look at what Pete Carroll did for his players at USC. We're so lucky to have a Coach that wins the RIGHT way. And nobody is above the program.

Go Tigers

Re: Their fans are classless POSs

Nov 21, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Their fans are classless POSs ]

Right there with you GWP. I had tenants that were VT grads. They are trash.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

Virginia Tech would bring the most fans which would provide the better atmosphere.

More is not always better...

Nov 21, 2019, 5:16 PM

If they bring the good fans, then yep - bad, obnoxious fans - not so much.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but UVA fans will show....it is their first....

Nov 21, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: So between VT or the fighting pergolas, who do we want to ]

The novelty of it all will get their fans there...not a bad drive either.

I tend to think either one will provide a good atmosphere

The Goobblers have to get by a pack of pesky panthers

Nov 21, 2019, 12:33 PM

this week to make that matchup with the Cavel-Ears be for the "also participated" slot in the ACC Championship game. I really want Virginia in the ACC title game, either way. We need a different opponent to keep collecting the whole set, as has been pointed out in other poasts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

I just hope whoever it is wins their next 2 games to finish 9-3. That will likely get them into the top 25 at least. Out of the 3 though, I think Virginia might be the easiest. They've got Perkins and nothing else. And coming into a championship game against a Venables defense with one offensive weapon isn't going to end well. Only time I can remember Clemson struggling against a team like that was 2016 against Louisville. This Clemson team isn't going to turn it over 5 times, and Bryce Perkins isn't Lamar Jackson.

This is easily UVA.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:47 PM

All year I have been pulling for the hoo's over all teams not named Clemson. If they pull it out it's 7 teams in 7 years for the Coastal completing the circle of mediocrity. It will be a beautiful thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 12:52 PM

Whoever can win two in a row and finally get ranked!

Would love to hang a 70-point retirement gift on Bud Foster ***

Nov 21, 2019, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to hang a 70-point retirement gift on Bud Foster ***

Nov 21, 2019, 5:08 PM

Foster may intentionally lose another game so that does not happen. :)

UVA on a 14 game losing streak to VT

Nov 21, 2019, 5:27 PM

I would like to beat the wahoos if I had a choice. But, it really doesn't matter! UVA brings a nice crowd and their upward trajectory right now is good. Bronco has recruited suprisingly well given their lack of national success. Lots of good football players from Virginia.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic