Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The year Mike Williams committed to Clemson, there was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,091

The year Mike Williams committed to Clemson, there was

May 11, 2017, 8:53 PM

another receiver that I wanted much more. I can't remember his name, but he was very highly regarded. He committed to Clemson, then late in the process, flipped to Florida. He then considered flipping back to Clemson and finally decided on Florida. I was very disappointed. He had been committed to us for a while. I thought we had missed on receiver that cycle. My dad said he wasn't the least bit worried because he thought that the kid named Mike Williams had a chance to be just as good as that other guy.

Well, the kid that flipped to Florida got there just in time for the Will Muschamp offense. He caught very few passes and experienced a loss to Georgia Southern in the Swamp. I think he played his last year under a new coach at Florida in 2015. I really can't remember his name.

Long story short, my dad was right about the Mike Williams kid. He's seen two conference titles, a couple of playoffs, two Orange Bowls, a Fiesta Bowl, two national title games, and a national championship. Had he not been injured in the first title game his team played in, we might have three national titles now.

And now he's rich. Nice job Mike. Thank you for all you did throughout your career and for that unforgettable performance in Tampa that brought home the national championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The year Mike Williams committed to Clemson, there was

May 11, 2017, 8:54 PM

Demarcus Robinson

Yes thanks. Here is a link to that day

May 11, 2017, 8:57 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1443831-clemson-recruiting-suffers-huge-blow-from-demarcus-robinson-flipping-to-florida

Re: Yes thanks. Here is a link to that day

May 11, 2017, 8:59 PM

I wonder if Demarcus watched the two Nattys he could've played in. I wouldn't have been able to

May 11, 2017, 9:01 PM

Yeah, Bleacher Report needs to do a retraction. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about not being able to watch. I noticed in that

May 11, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes thanks. Here is a link to that day ]

article that we had only Mike Williams and Ryan Jenkins committed. Jenkins would eventually flip to Tennessee in January no less. He stayed at Tennessee one year before leaving. He is now a senior walk-on at Arizona State. Talk about an oops decision. At least he was within driving distance if he wanted to see the Glendale national title game, or the 2016 Fiesta Bowl.

i remember Williams said "don't worry you still got me", and

May 11, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Yes thanks. Here is a link to that day ]

there has never been a truer statement.

May 11, 2017, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Yes thanks. Here is a link to that day ]

Never heard of her

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The year Mike Williams committed to Clemson, there was ]

Folks just call me Bud

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Robinson had.......

May 11, 2017, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The year Mike Williams committed to Clemson, there was ]

Repeated suspensions and benchings in his 3 years at UF. Three suspensions for drugs his freshman year. He played 32 games (20 starts) and finished with 106 catches and 9 tds. He was not a fan favorite not only for his antics but also for the many passes that he dropped.

I got to see Mike play against my high school

May 11, 2017, 9:22 PM

during his senior year. He was a man among boys.

Re: I got to see Mike play against my high school

May 11, 2017, 10:15 PM

I remember watching AJ Green do the same thing to my high school when I was there

Re: I got to see Mike play against my high school

May 12, 2017, 12:59 AM

Same. My highschool (Timberland) played Summerville in Sertoma one year. AJ had a TD that game.

May 11, 2017, 9:38 PM

Man I really love this thread! Really takes me back to where this era really started to level up. We truly live in some blessed days gentlemen.

May 11, 2017, 9:49 PM

Yes we are! Remember him saying that about still got me. Perhaps some of these recruits still on the edge need to take a history lesson.

Thank you Mike for sticking with us and being true to your word.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans don't stress over them decommits...

May 11, 2017, 10:46 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Mike-Williams-tweets-decommits-9160

https://mobile.twitter.com/darealmike_dub/status/288343412543983616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tigernet.com%2Fupdate%2Frecruiting%2FMike-Williams-tweets-about-decommits-9160

null

How fortunes change. I don't ever see Dabo losing another

May 12, 2017, 7:09 AM

recruit to MustCramp going forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perfect example why we have a staff in

May 12, 2017, 8:15 AM

Place to evaluate kids at all levels not just their football talent. Clemson will not just take any body. Go Tigerrrrrs.

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,091
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic