Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The worst news I heard today was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The worst news I heard today was

Nov 8, 2020, 4:51 PM

grumblings about a buyout in chickenville.
I honestly think Muschamp is a great coach and much better than their fanbase deserves. Beside who else would go to Columbia? Not sure if Hugh Freeze would or not. Depends on how many free range hookers they have there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The worst news I heard today was

Nov 8, 2020, 4:59 PM

Hugh Freeze is a dead man walking at Liberty now that Jerry Falwell Jr. is out. Nobody else on the Liberty board cares about sports. That was always Falwell's pet project.

Freeze would be a perfect fit in Cootlumbia. And yes, if he could tolerate the hookers in Mississippi he'll be fine in Columbia. It's a slight step up in hooker quality from Mississippi and a big step up from BFE, Virginia.

Nov 8, 2020, 8:06 PM

I live in Lynchburg and I’m friends with people in the athletic department. Your comments are wrong and disgusting!!!! Hugh Freeze has sought forgiveness and working on a path of redemption. Same on you for using this Tiger platform for such!

There is nothing honorable about Hugh Freeze

Nov 8, 2020, 8:09 PM

His approach to football (cheating) and lifestyle (cheating) made for an interesting fit at Liberty. But make more sense after the downfall of Falwell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst news I heard today was ]

good for Hugh Freeze if he has sought forgiveness and working on a path of redemption. But my personal opinion is you can't knock folks on this board for associating Mr. Freeze w hookers. His past is well documented. Any public figure that plays those games must be ready to take the heat. It would be nice if we all treated public figures with kid gloves, but that's not the reality w politicians, coaches, athletes, CEOs, actors, etc.

Hey ChemistryDept

Nov 8, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst news I heard today was ]

How long have you been a Trustee at Liberty University? I doubt if u know if you’re not. With the publicity that goes with an unbeaten top 25 football team, I doubt if they’re ready to shut it down.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey ChemistryDept

Nov 9, 2020, 12:25 AM

Liberty is in the process of excising everything Falwell Jr. did, and that includes football (and a bunch of sketchy land transactions too). The Freeze hire was and still is embarrassing to the Liberty powers-that-be other than Falwell. Freeze will get an offer from a bigger fish at the end of the year and he will definitely take it, and the Liberty board will encourage him to do so. That will be the end of the bigtime college football at Liberty because that board isn't going to go looking for a big name coach ever again. The only ones they could afford are damaged goods like Freeze and they won't ever do that again.

None of this means I'm anti-repentance or anything of the sort. I hope Hugh Freeze has straightened his life out. But he was never a good fit at Liberty and now that Falwell Jr. is gone he won't last much longer.

Nov 8, 2020, 4:59 PM

Skimming fgf....the potential replacement names they're tossing around are james franklin and matt rhule...hilarious. I predict if muschamp does get canned, which is a big if considering his buyout in these current times, mike bobo will be interim and ultimately the permanent head coach. I'm sure they could get him on the cheap.

Nov 8, 2020, 5:50 PM

they can have Franklin

Nov 8, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst news I heard today was ]

they can have Franklin

Nov 8, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst news I heard today was ]

Comical. Not that I would want Franklin, but Penn State to South Carolina is a major step down.

Why would Matt Rhul leave the NFL for Columbia?

Hugh F is probably the pick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are jonesing for Petrino...........

Nov 8, 2020, 5:03 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are jonesing for Petrino...........

Nov 8, 2020, 5:10 PM

Can't understand their love affair with Bobo. He has not been a good assistant and his offense scored only 3 points late in the game last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are jonesing for Petrino...........

Nov 8, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to They are jonesing for Petrino........... ]

Petrino's girlfriend is already there, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I honestly do not see how anyone can be looking at a

Nov 8, 2020, 6:47 PM

coaching buyout, of any magnitude, this year given the Covid economic disaster and schools cutting entire athletic programs. It would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Re: I honestly do not see how anyone can be looking at a

Nov 8, 2020, 8:39 PM

They should have been planning for this earlier and pooled their stimulus checks. Too late now.

Bobo to be named the interim head coach

Nov 8, 2020, 6:50 PM

then because they are broke bobo to be named next head coach.

I want Muschamp, but I'm okay with bobo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 7:17 PM

I don't have official numbers, but I would hazard a guess that cootlumbia has more "free range hookers" than Lynchburg, Virginia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 7:57 PM

They can work out a deal with VT for Fuente. VT might even waive the buyout fee.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic