Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The simple reason Newman left UGA? He was not going to start..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

The simple reason Newman left UGA? He was not going to start..

Sep 3, 2020, 9:43 AM

It is that simple.

Daniels picked up the new offense better and was going to start and it was no secret around the program. Dean Legge, editor of Dawgpost, confirmed this but it was open knowledge.

Even D’Wan Mathis was ahead of Newman at #2.

Newman came in thinking he had the starting job sewed up - sticking around and sitting on the bench was only going to hurt his draft status so he left. Can’t blame him.

This NOT a flame, but Newman was dealing with an entirely different level of player transferring to UGA. I wish the young man all the best and hope he gets drafted.

Playing Cobbs Glen today - the goal is no more than 3 over...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:51 AM

you're saying a kid playing high school ball this time last year with absolutely no collegiate experience beat out a graduate transfer and a Heisman candidate?

Certainly sounds feasible !!!!

As for dealing with an entirely different level of player transferring to UGA, you're probably right. While at Wake, Newman never lost at home to uo6c as a 30-point favorite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So...

Sep 3, 2020, 10:00 AM

BigCUFan® said:

you're saying a kid playing high school ball this time last year with absolutely no collegiate experience, beat out a graduate transfer and a Heisman candidate?

Certainly sounds feasible !!!!

As for dealing with an entirely different level of player transferring to UGA, you're probably right. Newman never lost at home to uo6c as a 30-point favorite.

Now that's funny!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to So... ]

To be fair, Kirby hasn’t had a chance to coach Daniels down yet.

This is why you are in the Ring of Honor

Sep 3, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to So... ]

Honestly, getting called to the carpet, drug on the carpet, beaten down on the carpet and left for dead as this posted reply to the LegHumper would be all the more reason why I would not even turn any social media device on for a period no shorter than 4 years.

RIP LegHumper

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to So... ]

I am wondering if there is more to his foot injury that not being told.

Sep 4, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to So... ]

I really do believe that you are talking about in this case, it's just more of the UGA homerism, and then it doesn't work out as it usually don't with homer junkies!!! Same 0 Same 0 in Athens Gorja!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Newman probably had a starting spot on the punt team....

Sep 3, 2020, 9:58 AM

right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Sep 3, 2020, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can’t take anyone seriously who sets a goal to

Sep 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

be over par. Go pound sand buttsniffer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305

Sep 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

People give me respect

Go pound sand buttsniffer***

Sep 3, 2020, 10:15 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Give him respect. "go pound sand Mr buttsniffer, sir".***

Sep 3, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305

Sep 3, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

Are you suggesting you're stronger than the average American male?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Yes. I have never met my equal

Sep 3, 2020, 10:45 AM

Pound for pound, I’m stronger than anyone I’ve ever met or heard of. Certainly someone somewhere is probably stronger if I’m being totally realistic. Just never met them or heard of it.

Re: Yes. I have never met my equal

Sep 3, 2020, 11:35 AM

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back now.

Hey Bulldog, I’m 5’-7” and 168# and benched 305 at age 49...

Sep 3, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

And benched 225# 17 times. And, that was without a boost from steroids.

Yes. Yes, I am prepared to give you respect

Sep 3, 2020, 10:42 AM

Fairly high level of respect, actually.

Well done.

Re: Hey Bulldog, I’m 5’-7” and 168# and benched 305 at age 49...

Sep 4, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Hey Bulldog, I’m 5’-7” and 168# and benched 305 at age 49... ]

That could possibly be the truth at 49, but you would had to have been into weight lifting for close to a year or more to bench that kind of weight, especially reping 255 17 times on the bench, it's not impossible. I'm 5'11" and I was 220, and I joined a gym at 38, and without any roids, just a high protein diet of raw egg whites and peanut butter, and energy drinks before and after workouts with protein shakes also, and I ate a lot of red meat, fish, beans and green veggies, potatoes and white wheat breads, and I took amino acids supplements with a daily vitamin. At age 40, I had completely changed my body from what I looked like before joining the gym. After two full years of working out 4 nights a week, I could max out at the end of a workout with 345 pounds on the bench, 235 front and back arm curl. The weakest part of my body was the legs bc I hated leg training, but I did them every other day, and after two years I could squat about 485. My squat goal was 500 plus, but I never reached that goal, and I know that it was bc I was lazy with my leg workouts. If not for that, I probably would have reached my 500 plus goal.

I can say and believe, anybody can completely change their body if they workout 4 days a week, and eat a lot of the muscle building foods, proteins, and carbs are the most important foods, or they were for me!!! Getting past the soreness of the first few weeks after you start working out is most important bc that soreness is terrible, and it causes most people to stop working out right after they start, and if not for a good friend pushing me, I would have quit after my first week bc, my muscles hurt so bad that I could barely move, and it did cause me to miss a couple days from my job, I had to call in sick, and IMO, I was. You will still get sore, when building muscles, they get sore, but never like that first week, not even close.

Sep 3, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

Sep 3, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

Why dont you start mma?

Sep 3, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

I'm 6-5 240 and bench pressed your mom.

Sep 3, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

In 10th grade I was 5' 10" weighed 190 and was benching 350. Are you a liberal because you seem to believe the bs that you spew! LMAO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ther only time you lift 305 is when you get

Sep 4, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

your Fat A up out of the recliner !

Sep 4, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I’m 6-2, 188, and bench 305 ]

Why would you even say that? No one on here cares, no one on here knows you so you couldn't prove it, even if you posted a video we couldn't be sure it's really you. It's easy to claim something on the interweb, I could claim to have Bill Gates money(if I did I sure wouldn't be teaching and coaching, and I sure as heck wouldn't be on here) but it wouldn't be true. Ease off on the defensiveness, realize you are on an opponents board, remember no one here cares what you think unless it pertains to CLEMSON and only then if your thoughts are positive, if not you will be gutted like one of Spud's catches of the day!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually your wrong it’s Mathis if anything guess you’re not a true pups fan

Sep 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

Daniels is still not cleared for contact and it’s Mathis who’s been taking the snap behind Newman. Sad I thought you were a true pup dog fan but I guess you’re just a coot in disguised because usuk can’t come talking about anything unless it’s women’s basketball.

Took you a day to come up with that spin huh?

Sep 3, 2020, 10:15 AM

Newman was going to be the starter.
You can tell yourself the opposite to feel better, but it's just a lie.

Dawgs are in trouble.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I guess it's not possible that Dean Legge would try

Sep 3, 2020, 10:18 AM

to spin this such that it makes Newman look bad instead of Smart or an assistant coach, especially right here as the season is starting. Legge knows where his bread is buttered. Can't be letting Smart look dumber than he already does. It could cause him to lose out on yet another quality QB.

Clemson has won 3 National Championships since

Sep 3, 2020, 10:18 AM

GA won their last one over 40 years ago. So....what were you sayin about Newman??????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: The simple reason Newman left UGA? He was not going to start..

Sep 3, 2020, 10:25 AM

The same Jamie Newman who by all reports took the majority of the snaps with the 1's at the last scrimmage and the same JT Daniel's that still isn't cleared from his acl?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 3, 2020, 10:55 AM

Newman may have been on track to be the starter but being the unquestioned starter versus knowing there are a couple of guys the coaches would prefer to start, since they will be with the program beyond this season, is entirely different. He probably figured out he'd get benched the moment he had a bad game and that would be worse for his draft stock than just sitting out the season. Honestly I never saw him as a strong pro prospect anyway and the NFL apparently agrees or he'd have declared for the draft.

Sep 3, 2020, 10:57 AM

UGA fans are hilariously predicable in their delusions - Jamie Newman, JT Daniels and Dwan Mathis just ain't gonna cut it for the big trophy. I am still laughing that UGA fans thought a WAKE FOREST QB was their savior.

LOL! Everybody has goals on the way TO the golf course. It's

Sep 3, 2020, 11:18 AM

only after you hit those first few shots, and realize once again that the game ain't nearly as easy as those guys make it look on TV, that the trouble starts.

When you get old and decrepit like me, and your swing starts to resemble an old lady trying to fend off a purse snatcher with an umbrella, you will temper your expectations. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 11:46 AM

I heard Newman wanted to implement the Sneak'n Deacon but Kirby would only allow that to be run on fake punts. Newman said, "Then I'm out!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 12:02 PM

when i saw he was opting out I figured he must have lost the starting job. Good luck staying below 3 over today.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of your fantasy, in the real world UGA is in trouble

Sep 3, 2020, 1:31 PM

they will lose 3-4 games. And that is being generous. They'll blame it on COVID instead or KIRBY

Best Is The Standard

Sep 3, 2020, 3:18 PM

Entirely different level of player ?
Neither school's coaches or players can win any football championships , so he wasn't seeing anything new .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 3, 2020, 4:41 PM

That slow-developing walkup read option would only get Newman killed in the SEC. I’ve always doubted Newman‘s ability to run a drop back offense.

Over 40 years ago in high school I got burned by a QB doing a slow read option “trick play.” They gained over 30 yards on the play after I took out the wrong man. A little while later they ran it again, but that time I took out BOTH guys. 5 yard loss. They didn’t try it anymore.

Just sayin’.

No, you can’t see my trophies.

Sep 4, 2020, 9:54 AM

Bulldog lives in that Fantasyland where all gamecocks live.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is just how every dawg fan thinks..and they're dead

Sep 4, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The simple reason Newman left UGA? He was not going to start.. ]

serious. I always thought they were just talking junk and being funny but nope...they really think they're on some other platitude. But unfortunately they just don't deal in reality and factual information, you know, stats and records don't line up. The echo chamber in Athens is a real disorder. ITs an odd group. Great entertainment though...bc one thing you can always count on...they always have that brain fart game. Where the Dawg $HITTZ the Bed.

But Jamie Newman....didn't see it from the get go. Didn't understand the Heisman talk. He's no NFL Qb....he better just play college and have some fun while he can.

Daniels is 2 inches shorter than UGA claims he is

Sep 4, 2020, 10:08 AM

there's a reason he was failing in the PAC12 LOL

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic