Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The reality is we can yell and scream about FSU or the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

The reality is we can yell and scream about FSU or the ACC

Nov 23, 2020, 10:32 AM

having to reimburse us to go back down on 12/12, but the reality is we have to get 2 more games in as it stands now to play in the ACCCG so it's possible we may have to bite the bullet if it comes to that. The rule states to be eligible that you have to play a min of 1 game within the avg per team games played. Right now the # of cancellations have been minimal so the avg. is going to be rounded up to 10. That means we must play 9. If Pitt or VT gets canceled, and there aren't mass cancellations that drop the avg below 9.5 then we could be in trouble. We better be taking this as a means to improve our process above what the ACC has in place. I seriously hope Dabo misstated or has changed this week's approach re: his comment last week about players getting with family over T-giving. We have to do everything in our power to make sure another team or the league doesn't screw us on this......

"However, for any team to be eligible for the ACC Football Championship Game, or to be considered in a tiebreaker, such team must have played within one (1) total conference game of the average number of conference games played by all conference teams (rounding up/down at .5) during the 2020 season."

https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/23/FB_0923200510.aspx

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The reality is we can yell and scream about FSU or the ACC

Nov 23, 2020, 10:59 AM

6 teams in the ACC have played 7 conference games to this point, with Clemson being one of those. Notre Dame and Miami are also part of this group and would have to make up a game on 12/12 to get to 10.

2 teams have only played 6 games (GA Tech & Wake). Both of these teams have been eliminated from title contention and could technically play an extra game on the 19th if they choose.

The remaining 7 teams have already played 8 games. They are on pace to finish their regular season on 12/5. Pitt & VA Tech are in this group and are Clemson's final 2 scheduled opponents.

Games on 12/12 not withstanding, the average will closer to 9 games played.

While 13 teams still mathematically have the ability to play 10 by 12/12, it isn't likely that the schedule will work out for all 8 of the teams that are behind to get them all in by 12/12.

I believe some games have already been moved to 12/19 for teams that are not in consideration for the conference title game.

It will certainly be interesting to see who gets to play and who doesn't leading up to the title game on the 19th.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt the ACC will let Clemson out if the tigers

Nov 23, 2020, 11:17 AM

are ranked in the top-4.

time to bend the rules...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic