Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The real difference between Peyton and Cam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

The real difference between Peyton and Cam

Feb 8, 2016, 12:21 AM

Two years ago when Peyton lost the super bowl he stood there like a man and took his lumps. He took the blame, went back to work and got back to win it all. He didn't make it about him, he made it about his team.

Tonight, Cam stormed off like a big baby after getting crushed. Something tells me if he's fortunate enough to get back and win it, he'll make the whole thing about him. He may be more talented that Peyton, but he'll never be the QB or leader that Peyton is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam

Feb 8, 2016, 12:40 AM

Could'nt agree more! Baby would'nt talk during press conference, then stormed out of there!

Feb 8, 2016, 1:32 AM

The QB position in both CFB and the NFL is approaching god-like status due to the media and our fanatic obsession with high scores. Peyton is Old School and a genuine Christian - rather uncommon these days, even in his own generation. Cam, however, is a new breed of celebrity who actually believes the hype while trying to maintain a respectable PC face of humility and responsible deference to personal accountability, without a single clue as to what it means. My only concern is that Cam is DW4's idol.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Feb 8, 2016, 2:23 AM

At least DW4 acted like a class guy when we lost to Nama and was not falling to the ground whining both on the sidelines and after the play was over. sCam does have a lot of talent but ( am not sure he has mental attitude to overcome adversary like the Denver Defense put on him.

We had the the leagues best offense (Carolina) vs the league[s best defense (Denver)and once again defense wins. U am glad we have BV as our DC because we need to continue to at least be a defense that stops teams on third downs and rorce 3 and outs and hopefuly get to be a Top 10 in wdo4int e3r3nw3; This is hard t9o do when we lose 8 starts for the 2nd year in a rowl

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam ]

Genuine Christian? I do not know Peyton manning and I do not know whether he is a Christian or not and that is between him and Jesus! What I do know is there was only one QB last night that referred to God(I presume Jehovah)as the man up stairs and then said I am going to drink a lot of beer tonight. Now I am not judging but sense you were what about that makes you think that Peyton is a genuine Christian gentlemen?

Feb 9, 2016, 8:49 AM

So choice of words after winning the biggest FB game in America is what makes you question his Christianity. I hope that you're not sitting at the right hand of God when my time comes to meet my maker in Heaven!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam ]

Cam is a sore loser

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam ]

You talking about this press conference?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

Feb 8, 2016, 12:47 AM

The game needs more players like Peyton. Cam handled the situation like a 10 yr old thats mad because he lost. Cam needs to suck it up, and act like a pro. This is a mans game, theres no room for whinners! Lol.

Feb 8, 2016, 2:43 AM

Name another QB like Peyton? There isn't. You're crazy if you dont think peyton makes it about himself behind the scenes. He tries to put the team on his back and that wasn't good enough tonight. I wouldnt want to deal with the media asking me stupid questions after they talked about his arrogance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 7:23 AM

Cam is a different person than Peyton. Make no mistake he could have handled it better but he will get his SB. Manning, would love to hear from his teammates what type of person he really is.

State of the art MB with an 8088 processor.***

Feb 8, 2016, 5:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peyton is a corporate marketing ##### and Cam isn't?

Feb 8, 2016, 5:49 AM

Yes, Manning, we know you own Papa John's franchises and Anheuser-Busch distributors.. Thanks for the reminders. I really enjoyed watching Papa John kiss you on live television.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peyton is a corporate marketing ##### and Cam isn't?

Feb 8, 2016, 8:55 AM

As opposed to being Von Miller's whore?

Feb 8, 2016, 7:26 AM

One is on HGH?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 8, 2016, 8:57 AM

Lol.

One has a Super Bowl ring. The other is still trying to get Von Miller's schlong out of his mouth.

Feb 8, 2016, 7:32 AM

Watching my 8 year old's reaction when he found out this morning his Panthers lost was just like watching Newton's post game press conference behavior. It was actually a relief to see him storm out, I was embarrassed for him and his teammates (as well as Oikos yogurt that pays him endorsement $$$) I have little sympathy for a spoiled 26 year old. I've never stated Any like or dislike for Newton but I will say he could have and should have handled things a little better.

Feb 9, 2016, 9:03 AM

I don't think that a little better would have helped his give me my ball, I'm going home attitude. Being a man about it, and admitting that the Bronco's had a better game plan would have been a better way to man up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

iim not a north Carolina panther or cam fan

Feb 8, 2016, 7:45 AM

But if I just lost the super bowl and I knew I was one of the big reasons. . I'd be throwing a super bowl sized hissyfit

But I know I'm not cool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: iim not a north Carolina panther or cam fan

Feb 8, 2016, 2:08 PM

That is Carolina Panthers

Two years ago Peyton was 37 years old and already

Feb 8, 2016, 7:56 AM

a Super Bowl champion...

And...? Can turns 27 before his next game. At what

Feb 8, 2016, 8:08 AM

point is he old enough to do the right things?

Just saying...it's not a one-to-one comparison.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:11 AM

They're two different people, at different points in their lives and careers.

But...but...but....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:03 AM

You just hate Cam cause he's black

Rassisst

I'm not sure Cam knows how to make it about anyone but

Feb 8, 2016, 8:13 AM

himself. You see it at every level, kids who are good at what they do often get put on a pedestal and worshipped before they are mature enough to handle it, then they turn into adults who don't know how to think beyond themselves...Lebron..cough cough

I wanted to here some I's out of him afterwards instead of

Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 AM

all the We's. He needs to take some personal ownership for what he could have done better in the game to make a difference in the outcome.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 8:59 AM

I just said the same thing in another thread. Wished I would have seen this first. Great points!

Feb 8, 2016, 10:38 AM

Losing is one thing, but losing with class is another. I've always liked Peyton and thought he was a class act. Not a big Brady fan but he also loses with class. Cam; well..he needs to grow up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brady is another great example

Feb 8, 2016, 11:31 AM

Not a Brady fan, but after he lost two weeks ago he came up and hugged Peyton and wished him luck in the super bowl and was a class act at the presser.

That being said, he looked like a ###### when he was announced with the other MVPs in pregame. Looked like he thought he was Tom Cruise.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam ]

do you not remember 10 years ago when Peyton rolled his linemen under the bus after they lost to the Steelers in the playoffs? I am not a sCam Newton fan but why all the love for Peyton when he literally called his teammates out with the "I am trying to be a good teammate here so let's just say we had some problems with protection" line back in 2006?

He sat at the presser and took all the questions

Feb 8, 2016, 11:49 AM

He answered that way because those guys played like garbage and needed to hear it and fix it. If sCam would have sat there and answered all the questions like a real man and at one point would have said that their pass rushers just beat our blockers basically ever single play, I wouldn't have had such a problem with it. It's that he walked out and pouted like a little baby.

Re: He sat at the presser and took all the questions

Feb 8, 2016, 11:52 AM

so the walking out is the issue? not his unwillingness to take the blame for the loss? so if he would have sat there and said his right tackle couldn't block if his life depended on it and because of the horrible blocking he felt like he needed to change his number from 1 to 58 since he was wearing #58 all night long, you would have more respect for him? I am just trying to understand what I am supposed to dislike more, being unprofessional and blaming your team for the whole failure or being ticked off and acting like a 10 yr old.

Peyton answered one question

Feb 8, 2016, 11:57 AM

in a diplomatic way. If Cam would have said that we had trouble blocking tonight and we need to get better, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. It's that he pouted like a baby and walked out. That's not leadership. When Peyton walked off after the last drive his OL were the guys there celebrating with him. They respect him as their leader. Just saying sCam could learn a thing or two about handling responsibility when times are tough.

Re: Peyton answered one question

Feb 8, 2016, 12:00 PM

I agree Cam handled adversity horribly last night, but we have some on this board canonizing Peyton Manning when 10 yrs ago (at roughly the same age as Cam) he had a similarly bad press conference after a similarly painful loss (at that time everyone was convinced that Peyton couldn't handle the pressure of a big game).

I don't see it as similar

Feb 8, 2016, 12:02 PM

You can argue he answered one question poorly. Did he storm out? Did he pout? Did he leave someone else in the trenches to answer the tough questions?

Re: I don't see it as similar

Feb 8, 2016, 12:04 PM

Cam is the face of the Carolina Panthers, not Luke or anyone else. He should have prepared himself on how to act if the Panthers lost. He was not prepared. Hopefully he will watch and have the offseason to better prepare himself for next time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ underrated post***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:14 PM

These expectations are arbitrary.

Feb 8, 2016, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't see it as similar ]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/arbitrary

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: The real difference between Peyton and Cam ]

Cam could have done the same if that is what he felt. But to sit there and say nothing with his bottom lip pushed out when ask a question was nothing but childish. It's a professional sport, act like a professional after the game/job is done.

If the media wants players to stick around they should

Feb 8, 2016, 11:53 AM

begin to consider not asking the dumbest, most worthless questions possible.

Slime just oozes out of most "journalists" these days.

I'm not criticizing an elite athlete for dissing the media.

That said I like Peyton more than I like Cam.

Re: If the media wants players to stick around they should

Feb 8, 2016, 12:22 PM

Well, that's a double edged sword. The same hack who's going after Cam for his lack of leadership and class this game was probably the same one who enabled his being on a pedestal in the first place.

For every story that detracts from a player's ability, there's another that's making "The Dab" a commonplace in football parlance. It's all a balancing act.

By attacking the media

Feb 8, 2016, 12:23 PM

aren't you technically attacking Crump?

Just saying.

Re: By attacking the media

Feb 8, 2016, 12:24 PM

That's how I read it.

#BANCOMPLETELYSOLIDORANGE

Reading comprehension could make the world a better place.***

Feb 8, 2016, 3:51 PM

Feb 8, 2016, 1:58 PM

looks like a pretty
good sport to me!

Check the audio

Feb 8, 2016, 2:05 PM

he called him a jive turkey.

Did you ever see Peyton after a loss when he was younger?

Feb 8, 2016, 4:15 PM

He's generally a class guy, but he used to not-so-subtly blame others after a loss. I remember comments about pass protection and such.

Cam is still young and was devastated by the loss. I didn't see if he blamed anyone else for it, but projecting his behavior based on your own thoughts then criticizing him for that is stupid.

It's like when your wife gets mad at you for something she dreamed you did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't bother me at all. I would be upset if Cam looked he

Feb 8, 2016, 4:18 PM

didn't care that they lost. He's extremely passionate and he wants to win as much or more than anyone else in the league. That has driven him to improve tremendously, and i believe it will continue to do so.

There's a group of people that want to hate Cam, that are always waiting for him to do something, anything, so that they run to the internet and yell "See, i told you Cam was immature / selfish /a thug / whatever!" These people would rather see Cam be this person that they can't stand than grow up, mature, become a leader, and do great things for a community. And yet most of these people probably call themselves Christians, go to church nearly every Sunday, and pray for the growth and redemption of others. Just not cam. These people are hypocrites and should acknowledge it.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:08 PM

I'd say about 14 years?

Feb 9, 2016, 8:40 AM

CLASS!!!

But 2 years ago, Peyton was 50 years old with a lifetime of

Feb 9, 2016, 8:43 AM

wisdom.

are you sure

Feb 9, 2016, 9:00 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Peyton-Manning-storms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic