Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe what I'm hearing in this NFL game!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I can't believe what I'm hearing in this NFL game!!!

Sep 10, 2020, 9:24 PM

They just won't stop talking about...football? Wait, I'm confused. I thought I'd have Marxist ideology and the BLM organization "shoved in my face" for four quarters. But since I tuned in right after the Chiefs punted the first time, it's just been...football. Calling plays, talking about how good players/coaches are, giving stats...and that's it. I heard they had a moment of silence for social justice before the game started.

I support social equality for all people, and I condemn things like black people getting significantly better home estimates when they take down black photos and have white friends/family give the tour (check the NY Times article), but I don't agree with everything the Black Lives Matters organization stands for. I'm not a huge fan of being talked about all the time when I want to hear sports coverage. But this game? There's literally nothing. They haven't mentioned it once.

So why are you boycotters so upset again? And don't say the flag or military; I've heard WAY too many vets say they fought for their freedom of speech for me to believe that. Since the clock's been running, it's just been football, and football only. Isn't that what you wanted? I'm enjoying it so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if Chris Collinsworth knows that silence = violence***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The people that crying over all this are just scared

Sep 10, 2020, 9:41 PM

rednecks that are worried that equality means them losing their way of life. Boil it down and their just scared. The same type of people existed during the civil rights movements in the 60’s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The people that crying over all this are just scared

Sep 10, 2020, 9:43 PM

Let me tell you something boy... if you want to dance mf ill dance with #####

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you say dance does that involve

Sep 10, 2020, 9:50 PM

squealing like a pig?

You sound like some type of rassist***

Sep 10, 2020, 10:29 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

Somewhat true. I'm sure most of the people complaining on this board are 50+

Sep 10, 2020, 10:27 PM

+50 comment is social injustice and we are going to boycott from our recliner.

uh oh

Sep 10, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah, they were called democrats.***

Sep 10, 2020, 10:01 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 10:17 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

Riiiiight.

Because the conditions of inequality and inequity are the same as they were in the 60's.

If you're going to make the specious "some white cowards refuse to change" argument, why not go all the way back to Jim Crow days?

BTW, to the OP, I've used all my non-subscription NYT articles, but it sounds like they're once again publishing anecdotal evidence and calling it a "trend." Or did I misunderstand you?

Sep 11, 2020, 9:25 AM

RW43,

Here's the NYT article (for free). It starts with anecdotal evidence but ends up supporting that story with a much wider net of evidence.

BTW, this is an example of systemic racism that actually defies the laws set in place to try to eliminate it.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:13 AM

???

Sep 10, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

Racist comments out of your mouth.

Sep 10, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to The people that crying over all this are just scared ]

Come out of that rock you are living under

Sep 10, 2020, 10:07 PM

Marxist !!!
where did that term come form? FOX News ?
Lets get on with the current trend and please accept reality.

Please Please. dont flame. Thanks

Re: Come out of that rock you are living under

Sep 10, 2020, 10:30 PM

BLM and Antifa are Marxist organizations...you need to wake up...just the truth and no flame.

And they haven't even been mentioned during this game

Sep 10, 2020, 10:34 PM

So again I ask, why are people so upset? The notion that it's being "shoved in our faces" is simply laughable.

Re: And they haven't even been mentioned during this game

Sep 10, 2020, 10:53 PM

Again, OP, please tell me who has complained about BLM or Antifa being shoved in our faces "during this game".

Your entire post seems to be tongue in cheek, which is okay, but then you tried to make an illogical point and stand by it.

If you are watching and enjoying the game, I'm glad for you. I'm simply glad they're playing.

The thought Nazis haven't yet told me I had to prefer NFL to NCAA, so I'm still happy sticking with my Tigers.

Ok, you got me

Sep 10, 2020, 11:11 PM

I can't point to a specific person "during this game". But "this game" is an NFL game, and the folks saying they're going to boycott the NFL because of Marxist this or Antifa that or anti-American whatever over the last, well, several years are too numerous to count. I'm focusing on the ones that have popped up over the last few months, coinciding with the social unrest in our country.

My point is that the fears of this exposure that these folks are so vehemently against simply IS NOT HAPPENING. It's just a football game, and they're just talking about football. Not BLM, not ANTIFA, not Karl Marx (lol he gets brought up 1,000 times more often by the angry white folks than BLM folks). Sure, the players have opinions and stances and things they support, and they might be different than yours. That's ok! Once they kick off, it's just freaking football: one of the most American things there is. They weren't shoving any opinions anywhere, unless they had to do directly with what was happening in the game.

Check out my post getting TD'd into oblivion! All I'm doing is bringing good news: the NFL isn't as bad as you think it is! But they're still upset for some reason. I just want to know why.

Re: Ok, you got me

Sep 11, 2020, 12:34 AM

Thanks for the response.

I haven't TDed you.

I pretty much gave up the NFL when I started working all day Sundays in 1999; that actually coincided with getting Saturdays off AND getting accessibility to Clemson news I couldn't get before. So I indulged my true football passion in the college game and left my Sundays free for God once my work schedule changed.

The NFL has never given me reason to reconsider.

I respect Kaepernick for his expression even while I disagree with his point. I also doubt his protest has a logical endpoint; it can only be perpetual. And now that the field has tilted, I think there have been times white QBs and their wives have had reason to fear for their safety if they don't toe the "systemic racism" line. I don't know if that was intended--at times, I think it was--but I think it's an incontrovertible fact.

I don't challenge the concept of inequities at all. I have seen it all too well. But the basis for those inequities is natural and largely subjective. And I still maintain, as I have for months, that civil rights attorneys can no longer make a living in our country practicing civil rights law. Racial inEQUALITY is virtually gone.

But if you are wanting the government to start fixing inequities, you cannot presume to be one-sided in your subjectivity. If your goal is to balance a scale without inducing resentment, you have to be honest and transparent about the process.

Or don't be, and dare people to complain. They will. But when they do, remember that you were the one who chose not to earn their trust and cooperation before you balanced the scale against them.

Thanks for the football post. ??

It started in Pros, got moved to P&R, which is fine lol

Sep 11, 2020, 9:39 AM

Only thing I'll say is that racial inequality is NOT gone, and it has infested some of the most important establishments in the country that directly deal with people's wealth-building opportunities:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/25/realestate/blacks-minorities-appraisals-discrimination.html

That's screwing with a person's home, which is their bank. Not a lot of subjectivity in those dollar amounts. There's a little too much of stuff like that going on, and a few too many families that won't let their children date a difference race, ect. Please don't kid yourself that there's nothing. Look beyond what's happening with the police.

Re: Come out of that rock you are living under

Sep 11, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Come out of that rock you are living under ]

Christian,

Define Marxism, please.

Re: I can't believe what I'm hearing in this NFL game!!!

Sep 10, 2020, 11:06 PM

Jesus, fox news conditioned you guys away from football. I wonder if this was unintentional, or part of their plan to END the sport, or make it an all white league? either way I do not like it, and you guys need to take your heads out of your asses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mange diarrhea RA***

Sep 10, 2020, 11:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe what I'm hearing in this NFL game!!!

Sep 11, 2020, 9:29 AM

Yep. Watched the whole game. Didn't feel like I was having any ideology hammered over my head. Honestly, spent any of that time checking my fantasy football stuff.

The only offensive thing during that broadcast was Chris Collinsworth, and that's every game he calls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Pssst, remember that whole regulators thing?

Sep 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

You’re not helping when you just reply to a mange dump because you agree with it.

A true RA man puts principle first. We could have a 40 reply thread dumped in here about Ronald Reagan being the best thing to happen to America, and while I knew it in my heart to be true, duty would call me to RA it.

It’s not for everyone, and I understand it you wish to reconsider your commitment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm trying man, I'm trying...

Sep 11, 2020, 10:05 AM

You know, like how Warren G should have known better than to jump in a random dice game on the street without knowing the players? That he really should have just been chasing the hoes up there on the curb?

Be my Nate Dogg, man, and help me.

Have you also ever wonder how a bunch of girls with a broke down car decided the best plan was to go to a motel with two strange dudes?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

The answer is before your very eyes.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:21 AM

Her car was effed up and he seemed real nice.

But, as he revealed...

Sep 11, 2020, 10:23 AM

The Nate Dogg and the G Child were in need of something else.

Ulterior motive.

What if one day in here, we just responded to all political posts with a quote from the song?

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic