Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every

Mar 9, 2020, 7:41 PM

single story they do. If you ever want an accurate picture of anything you have to ratchet down the hyperbole of the screaming headlines and consult the actual experts in the field. then maybe you can make rational decisions and reach reasonable perspectives.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every

Mar 9, 2020, 7:43 PM

Disagree. Serious and should be taken as such.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 8:08 PM

Sorry, but the OP is correct.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/message-to-media-stop-fanning-the-flames-of-panic-on-coronavirus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 8:27 PM

I’m assuming by citing Fox News you’re being sarcastic ?

Mar 9, 2020, 8:38 PM

How else does one say "Believe what you want to believe"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every ]

You know Fox News is run by the liberal kids now, right?
The Old Man is gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Ah, the obligatory shot at Fox News!

Mar 10, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every ]

You must be one of those "snowflakes" we hear so much about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every ]

You just cited a talk show host, non-practicing addictions doctor, out pimping a movie he's in, everywhere he can, as a legitimate news source. Really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every ]

Keri,

I think it should be taken seriously and reasonable precautions taken, but not over-dramatized to draw in viewers.

My point is we all have to learn to find the good sense behind the hyperbole - and not just with this virus, but with every story on the news.

Mar 9, 2020, 8:45 PM

It is so easy and lazy to blame everything on the media. Yawn!

With regard to coronavirus, the media isn't the problem.

Mar 9, 2020, 9:04 PM

OK. Here's my point, recognizing we're about to get kicked of this board for being OT.

I'm just recovering from the flu. How do I know? The medical staff swabbed my nasal passage and told me I had "Type A" flu virus. My daughter and her 3 children in Virginia all had "Type B". This is in the last 2 weeks. If it weren't for this "COVID 19", I guarantee we'd be hearing about how prolific the flu virus is this winter and its various strains.

The media has to hype something. Coronavirus is just sexier than the traditional ol' flu. But that flu kept me down for 9 days.

So, back to the board topic:
Go, Tigers!

Mar 10, 2020, 11:42 AM

Your assessment here is 100% the truth. You’re way too smart, and you think way too logically for this board.

The global & US economic consequences suggest otherwise.

Mar 9, 2020, 9:05 PM

Not sure how US media”hype” impacts China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Iran etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The global & US economic consequences suggest otherwise.***

Mar 9, 2020, 9:40 PM

Mar 9, 2020, 9:44 PM

Seriously, for your health and especially the well being of any person over 60 do not listen to FOX slugs. Take precautions do not listen to the mixed messages form this administration which has prevented whatever slim CDC resources remain from warning older people not to fly or take cruises or get into enclosures with a lot o people.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:17 AM

My friend, all news is slanted not just fox. Try MSNBC for example. Don't be led to the the cliff By the left wing nut cases. Believe in what you see,a 3.4% unemployment rate for
example. No, I don't like the tweets, but I do like what is being accomplished.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:49 AM

^^^ +1 for "left wing nut cases".

Media is using this flu to bring down Trump ...

Mar 10, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to The global & US economic consequences suggest otherwise. ]

hyping it on steroids, crating a false narrative. Really, its no worse than a flu and of course, people with underlying health issues should be very concerned, just like with any "flu".

Stupidest #### I've ever seen on here.

Mar 10, 2020, 11:20 AM

Trump is using this virus to take down Trump. His response has been apathy at best and outright dangerous at worst. He's a science denying, narcissistic, unhinged loon and his administration isn't capable of handling a major crisis.

Entire countries have shut down because of this virus. It is serious and should be treated as such. The people I know watching Fox and claiming the democrats are blowing the virus out of proportion are the same people buying up all the toilet paper.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupidest #### I've ever seen on here.

Mar 10, 2020, 11:33 AM

You are not going to stop the spread of any virus by shutting down entire countries or quarantining people.It's going to run it's course just like any other virus. The sky is not falling. Some of you believe anything you see on tv and the internet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of us believe science.

Mar 10, 2020, 11:41 AM

I never said the sky was falling, but there is an appropriate response and I don't trust this administration to facilitate it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of us believe science.

Mar 10, 2020, 1:34 PM

Trump is doing the best he can. He knows what going on and the virus will have to run its course.
The best thing to do is pray. Its all in God's hand.

Biden is the perfect candidate. He does not know what state he is in, what day it is and what year it is so he will just go out and say what the ruling class wants. Its hard to find them a better candidate.

This is exactly the problem...

Mar 10, 2020, 1:42 PM

people believing that god will just handle this.

Re: This is exactly the problem...

Mar 10, 2020, 1:49 PM

Joe, I sorry but God handles everything for better or worse.
Our country has moved away from God and it time to go back to him before its too late.

You don't shut down a Country over relatively few cases ...

Mar 10, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Stupidest #### I've ever seen on here. ]

Not going to write a book ... good lord man ! The stuff just came out, we suppossed to have an instant cure !

Yeah, the Chi-Comms shut down 80% of their economy

Mar 9, 2020, 9:43 PM

for over a month just for pretense.

Oh, and Italy just quarantined its whole country for fun.

SMH

Re: Yeah, the Chi-Comms shut down 80% of their economy

Mar 9, 2020, 9:48 PM

I guess somehow the U.S. media fooled these governments into taking these steps.

Mar 9, 2020, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the Chi-Comms shut down 80% of their economy ]

The real problem is we let China take over most of the world manufacturing, from car parts to medicine.
They have been shut down for almost 2 months so what will that mean for shortages here in the US in the coming months?
Don't count on just old people that are dying either.

I just counted

Mar 9, 2020, 11:20 PM

4 pop up adds for respirator masks on T-net.

I should have invested in fidget spinners too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, the Chi-Comms shut down 80% of their economy ]

Nobody " Let the Chinese " do anything with our manufacturing , they're smart business people and the wealthy ownerships in this country over the past 4 or 5 decades have steadily sold it to them for a really healthy profit ... while simultaneously screaming about how our government made it too tough to turn a profit in America and in turn screwed the working man .
Oldest game in the land , make the labor believe you tried but the governmental boogeyman just wouldn't let it happen .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 10, 2020, 11:32 AM

Again us the United States of America let this happen. You cannot just blame the greedy ruling class. We kept voting the same idiots into office but when we finally came to our sense the damage was already done and now China has got us by the throat. The ruling class does not like us messing with their sweet deal with China and will do everything in their power to keep the status quo.

the sky is falling!!!!!!! never let a crisis go to waste.***

Mar 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

rong bored, sweetie***

Mar 10, 2020, 8:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People on the ground in Italy tried non-chalance

Mar 10, 2020, 8:28 AM

And it hasn’t worked out so well.

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538?s=21

Re: People on the ground in Italy tried non-chalance

Mar 10, 2020, 10:21 AM

I suggest everyone read this Twitter thread thoroughly. Very sobering. Very scary.

Those of you blaming the media should be ashamed of yourselves. SMH.

This thing is a joke and yes media everywhere is overhyping

Mar 10, 2020, 11:29 AM

The entire thing. This whole nonsense will be over as soon as the media has something else to talk about but it makes great news. More people died tripping and falling yesterday across the globe than from corona virus so you might better stay home and don’t walk. Lmao

Mar 10, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: People on the ground in Italy tried non-chalance ]

Sorry but Twitter is not a reliable source. I will take my chances. The rest of you liberal pansies can climb in your doomsday prepped holes and wait out all the bad things on this planet.Sheesh!

Mar 10, 2020, 11:56 AM

User Logo
Whitehurst74
110%er [6838]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Mar 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Sorry but Twitter is not a reliable source. I will take my chances. The rest of you liberal pansies can climb in your doomsday prepped holes and wait out all the bad things on this planet.Sheesh!

AMEN BROTHER. ALL THIS SH IT IN OUR COUNTRY STARTED WHEN EVERYONE JUST HAD TO GET A PARTICIPATION TROPHY. NOTHING ANYMORE HAS TO BE EARNED. IT HAS TURNED A LOT OF PEOPLE INTO WHAT WE ARE WITNESSING TODAY. MOST EVERYONE COWERING IN THE CORNER ARE YOUNG ANYWAY. IF THEY GOT IT THEY WOULD BE WELL IN A WEEK AND SOME MIGHT NOT EVEN NO THEY HAVE IT. I AM IN THE GROUP WITH THE MOST DANGER AND I REFUSE TO LET IT CHANGE MY LIFE IN THE LEAST.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to People on the ground in Italy tried non-chalance ]

That is a frightening picture painted from Italy.

You posted about it on a clemson football board

Mar 10, 2020, 8:34 AM

So their plan is working

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The world economy is suffering and you think it’s over “hyped”?

Mar 10, 2020, 9:13 AM

Come on man.
This needs to be taken seriously. I’m not saying the world is ending but we need to take precautions and be prepared.

Mar 10, 2020, 9:16 AM

The flu needs a better marketing strategy. Maybe it'd get more attention if we called it the Dos Equis Virus.

Judging by the events in China, Italy, and Iran i would

Mar 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

say it's rather serious.

China has managed to greatly slow the spread of the virus but they have done so in manner that is not possible in a democracy. And the lengths that they have gone to do so should be evidence enough that this is a serious threat. They've lost billions of dollars in trade, locked down hundreds of millions of people, and in some places even welded apartment building doors shut, presumably with sick residents inside.

Re: Judging by the events in China, Italy, and Iran i would

Mar 10, 2020, 10:49 AM

China put this out there !!! And guess what this is not a new virus . Read a Lysol label

Seriously?

Mar 10, 2020, 10:54 AM

Yes there are other coronaviruses that have been around for quite awhile. Those are not COVID-19.

Re: Seriously?

Mar 10, 2020, 11:09 AM

And you know this how ?

Read a science book***

Mar 10, 2020, 1:23 PM

novel coronavirus is terminology...not a desgination

Mar 10, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Judging by the events in China, Italy, and Iran i would ]

the designation is COVID-19. A coronovirus is a virus that can be shared by animals and humans. Novel means that it is newly identified.

Read a book...not a Fox News meme.

Mar 10, 2020, 11:30 AM

The flu is more deadly than this news backed attempt to crash the economy and screw this election year and the stock market. The flu has killed over 15,000 people this year in the US alone but you don't hear anything about the deadly flu. Also Lysol says it will kill the virus on the back of their cans so this isn't some new virus that just came out of no where.

Read my reply directly above yours and learn something***

Mar 10, 2020, 11:31 AM

Re: Read my reply directly above yours and learn something***

Mar 10, 2020, 11:38 AM

Why don't you learn something. Quit believing all the ######## you read on the internet and hear on the news. I'm done with this thread because it is pointless trying to reason with a liberal.

Also difficult to reason with someone

Mar 10, 2020, 11:56 AM

that throws a tantrum and runs off as soon as somebody disagrees with them.

Re: Also difficult to reason with someone

Mar 10, 2020, 12:12 PM

Well some people are blaming the stock market crash on the Wuhan Flu. It is to blame but not what most people think. It has more to do with the supply and demand chain and Russia and Saudi Arabia trying to put an end to our Oil industry.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:05 PM

Anyone who thinks coronavirus is something to be concerned about is a "liberal". Debate over!

I get it now.

It's hard to have an intelligent discussion about some things.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:15 PM

I am a big Trump supporter but you see what the ruling class has done to him. It just might be too late.

How many Americans...

Mar 10, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: The media is hyping the coronavirus just like it hypes every ]

Had to die from H1N1 until O’Bama called for a state of emergency? It took Trump one dead American. It’s not like this is the first virus China has sent us. I would take precautions for sure, I doubt covid-19 cares who you voted for. The precaution is more for staying away from people panicking when the first case hits close to home.

Re: How many Americans...

Mar 10, 2020, 3:25 PM

I agree and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic