Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart

May 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart

The addition of four recent 5-star commits has Clemson’s 2020 recruiting class currently sitting atop the team rankings and it doesn’t appear the Tigers will slow down anytime soon. What sets Clemson apart? As it turns out, it’s more than football. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coots are forwarding this blueprint to muscoot in the hopes

May 7, 2019, 1:13 PM

that he learns how to date quickly. lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see the scene now

May 7, 2019, 1:24 PM

“When we went out on the visit, it was almost like Boom planned it like a romantic date.
We're out rolling around, seeing the campus and then he takes us down to the stadium and
we walk over a bum or two. Then he said, 'Hey, do you like buildings which resemble a dead
cockroach?' I was like, 'Yeah, I guess. That's a weird question,' and Coach AngerFace said,
'Well, I thought this might be a nice place to come for me to offer you a scholarship.' I
was like, 'OK, thanks, but I think someone just stole our car' That's how it all started,
and USC was on the list, I guess."
-Unnamed 2 star FB recruit circa 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can see the scene now

May 7, 2019, 1:30 PM

Muscoot does have a nice island lake house on Murray. Bet he tries to copy us, and offers everyone he can there on his dock from here on.

They've tried to copy everything else we do... why not this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 8:31 PM

Funny story about Musscoot’s lake house. My in-laws live a few houses down from him on the lake. When he first moved in my son went for a jet ski ride and when he got back to the dock he was laughing. I asked what was so funny and he said he saw Musscoot in the yard and he waved at him. When Musscoot waved back he flipped him off.

May 7, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to I can see the scene now ]

They really don't have much going for them other than their conference which gets way too much publicity when they usually have only a couple of elite programs, and the rest are also-rans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to I can see the scene now ]

Awesome! Haha!!

Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart

May 7, 2019, 1:15 PM

As an Atheist, it's annoying. But as a Clemson fan, I will tolerate it haha. The Lord of Light has brought these young men together for a reason ;)

May 7, 2019, 1:36 PM

Thrifty - I want you to know that I respect your position, convictions and beliefs. Just know that I will pray that the love you see in the Clemson FB program which is a reflection of the love Jesus has for all of us, will make you want to explore Him further. It changed my life. It can change yours too.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll believe in anything you want me to as long as we keep

May 7, 2019, 3:41 PM

winning.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 2:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart ]

Big TU for giving a great response in light of obviously strong convictions. Those same convictions have been a huge driving force in the beliefs of the drivers of the most successful decade of Clemson football!

Christian or not, believer or not, athiest or agnostic, whoever gave you a TD should never be allowec to post again as you respectfully gave a positive note!

The TD actually pissed me off! Live your live like you want and let others dwell in their negativity!

May 8, 2019, 3:16 AM

Who’s being negative? What does TD stand for?

May 8, 2019, 4:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart ]

Oh, thumbs down, right. Wow, that made you feel anger?

May 8, 2019, 3:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart ]

Apex, If you respected my opinion, you wouldn’t be trying to witness to me in an Internet forum. I understand Christianity very well, think Dabo is a great person, and love his values. But yes, your religion is still annoying. Let people have their opinions without feeling the need to save them from themselves, sheesh.

Amen

May 7, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart ]

Same boat here. I'm agnostic and pretty much always have been despite a catholic upbringing. I won't lie and say that the amount of pushy christian stuff didn't get on my nerves while I was down at Clemson, but if it's working for the football team, by all means keep it going, Dabo.

The lord of light???

May 7, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: How to land a 5-star: Clemson's approach sets it apart ]

While a fictitious GOT term, any reference to a godly presence other than Yahweh, the Creator and God of all the Earth is of a false and therefore Satanic nature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The lord of light???

May 8, 2019, 3:10 AM

You guys are cracking me up haha. Ahhh, the south.

May 7, 2019, 2:25 PM

Good article Nikki but let us all remember and follow First Peter 5.5-

“Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.”

If the story is written by others, so be it. But let us as Tigers remain humble and boast not ourselves.

Go Tigers!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 2:31 PM

Yeah, and then there's the Too Much Information angle. Seems to me that that all stories like this have a way of coming around to bite you. I'd feel better if this were kept on the down low.

May 7, 2019, 2:32 PM

Great story! Appreciate your approach to articles.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

Not a good idea to have this article released. Other universities could use this

May 7, 2019, 3:19 PM

Can't fake what we've got.

Not in a coach.
Not in an atmosphere
Not in a culture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

Not a good idea to have this article released. Other universities could use this

You know how Dabo says they don't recruit the best player

May 7, 2019, 4:18 PM

but right players that fit the culture. This is part of that process.

If a kid doesn't jibe well in that type of environment, like some on this board, it would repel them from committing. And from a culture perspective that would be a positive. Because you don't want someone on the team, in the locker room, who is sewing discord and negativity or "all in"...no matter how great they are.

And don't get hung up on the Christian thing as some prerequisite or qualifier. I believe that is something that was important to DJ and they wanted to ensure that the Clemson environment not only accepts that but they would be right there with him on that journey as well.

Good people, who are tough on you but care about the individual first and football next. What parent is going to argue with that?

May 7, 2019, 5:25 PM

What a great tribute. Thank you Coach Bullock!
We'll be following you and your team this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well played Nikki . . .

May 7, 2019, 5:28 PM

Thanks for laying out the underside of DJ's recruitment!!!

No need to go after another QB . . . we are loaded, but due to the Portal and playing time needs, we will probably try to take one with each new class. I knew our Coaches had told DJ that he was the only QB they were interested in. I am grateful they "stayed the course" and only pursued him.

Our Coaches have such a clean approach to the entire recruiting process. They recruit everyone close to the candidate they've deemed worthy to be a Clemson Man . . . and I mean everyone!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 7:48 AM

The addition of four recent 5-star commits has Clemson’s 2020 recruiting class currently sitting atop the team rankings and it doesn’t appear the Tigers will slow down anytime soon. What sets Clemson apart? As it turns out, it’s more than football. Full Story »

Not sure we need to divulge everything we got in our hip pocket with respect to recruiting. Saying it’s our culture is good enough because hard to “copy” that. But when you start getting into specifics like coaches sharing testimonies, etc., you’re going to have every Shamecock coach carrying a Bible around in their back pocket.

May 8, 2019, 7:56 AM

Citing culture as a reason, whether it’s a coach, parent or recruit talking is the best thing to say relative to a reason for signing a player but when you get into very specific things like a coach sharing his testimony...then you’re going to have every Shamecock coach carrying a Bible around with him. Plus, NCAA will get involved and say Dabo going to give equal time to budha and not favor Jesus. And don’t laugh....you heard it hear first!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic