Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross

Jan 3, 2020, 9:33 PM

were shutdown by the Buckeyes DBs. I've been hearing that or radio and TV all week. Nobody mentions that Tee barely played in the 1st half due to injury and clearly wasn't right in the 2nd half with multiple drops. Ross got hurt and had to leave the game on several occasions. I know that the stat sheet fits the narrative, but there was a lot more to it that people are conveniently not noting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross

Jan 3, 2020, 9:40 PM

Agreed. Pretty easy to shut someone out for a half when they are not on the field. Also helps when you are grabbing them.

Then they were also able to focus on Ross as let’s be honest Overton is not a threat in the passing game. I was really surprised that Ngata and Ladson did not get allot more playing time given the ineffectiveness of Overton.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:48 PM

Yeah its hard to see where all of this supposed depth is in our WR corp when nobody steps up when Ross or Higgins are out.

I was surprised, too.

Jan 4, 2020, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross ]

Ladson and Ngata could have given us more deep threats.

Overtin had two bad drops, on in 3td down that killed a drive.

I was also surprised that Amari was only targeted twice that I remember. A drag route on which the pass was batted down at the line and his long gainer in the 2nd half.

The extra layoff this year clearly benefits our guys that were banged up against OSU.

Jan 4, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross ]

In the big games Dabo usually goes for experienced back ups when someone goes down. That philosophy has served us well. I know there are exceptions, freshman coming in, but it is the exception and not the “rule”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 9:42 PM

You are correct. I heard that the last few days as well.

Uppercuts and holding tend to do that.***

Jan 3, 2020, 9:50 PM

and on ESPNU radio a couple of days ago...

Jan 3, 2020, 9:53 PM

(not sure which show) they were talking about how they still felt OSU was the better team. These are the same clowns who previously were complaining about Dabo's "no respect" rants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:28 PM

For whatever reason, our receivers were not getting open. Ohio State has very good DBs and it was smart coaching to have them push the rules to the limit. Bill Belichick is the captain of that ship.

The results are what they are.

LSU also has great DBs like Ohio State. But their D-line ain't nearly as good at stopping the run and rushing the passer.

We should be able to run the ball a lot better so pass coverage should loosen a bit.

Mark my word: The flow of the game on Jan 13th won't bear much resemblance to Dec 28th. Buckle up.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:55 PM

I don't disagree, but if the WRs are as quite against LSU as they were against OSU, we will not be able to keep up with the scoring. Hurt or not someone at the wides has to do a better job than we did at OSU.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:10 PM

You said it! This won't go over well here but my opinion is LSU is better than Ohio State and the task is more difficult.

I believe (1) our receivers are now better prepared for physical play from DBs, (2) running the ball will help us establish a flow [and maybe ETN will bust a big one the traditional way], (3) LSU will be forced to key on Trevor in read-options, (4) Trevor will go next level, with his arm.

(5) Both teams will move the ball, (6) expect lots of points and fireworks, (7) TOs will be the difference.

Push the rules??? What rules did they push***

Jan 4, 2020, 2:43 AM [ in reply to Re: The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross ]

Re: Push the rules??? What rules did they push***

Jan 4, 2020, 2:53 AM

Grabbing and holding receivers.

Re: Push the rules??? What rules did they push***

Jan 4, 2020, 9:00 AM

SEC officials are poor at calling holding and PI...just awful...when I watched a Florida game earlier in the year I was shocked at the grabbing, collisions before the ball got to the receiver and holding by the offensive lines of both teams! Ohio State was all contact before and after the play...wonder how they did not get many more players kicked off the field! When TL was targeted..go watch the replay...if that was not targeting there never has been one..the second cat should have been ejected for trying to twist TL's head off and driving him into the ground! No SEC officials in this game and we will be prepared for LSU and a physical game!

Second cat “twisting Lawrence’s head off”= Chase Young! ***

Jan 4, 2020, 9:41 AM

Jan 4, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: The lazy/annoying take from tOSU game was that Tee & Ross ]

Agreed. Good point!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turns out Clemson has a lot of guys who can catch the ball.

Jan 4, 2020, 9:31 AM

Travis caught 2 touchdown passes from Lawrence. Tee caught the 2 point conversion. Ross caught the slant that got the 94 yard touchdown drive that won the game. Amari caught the 30+ yarder that put us in field goal range and gave us field position to kick a game winning 3 pointer at the end if need be.
When push came to shove our receivers put up 84 yards on 3 catches to kick that Buckeye butt again, like we always do.

It really is sweet how Ohio Staters keep crying about the referees taking the game away from them.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 10:33 PM

He may be out part of Natty game as well if can not compete vs Ohio State. How does he think he will go vs lsu ?

You LSU trolls are all half brain dead.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:48 PM

He had his helmet knocked off in mid air and then had a 2nd defender land on him with his helmet right to Tees bare head. That's just fluky and his absolutely nothing to do with toughness or the physicality of the DBs.

LSU fans seem to be under the impression that they start 4 terminators in the secondary.

Re: You LSU trolls are all half brain dead.

Jan 4, 2020, 1:34 AM

+1 for Terminator reference ??

Jan 3, 2020, 10:36 PM

That's fine....Mr "interception" as they like to try to call him had none and lit then up for over 100 yards rushing instead, while they didn't shut Etienne down in the short screen passing game. Funny thing is, for shutting our receivng down supposedly, the only Clemson "receiver" in the game that didn't average over 7 yards per reception was 2nd string RB Lyn J Dixon. ??

Jan 3, 2020, 11:10 PM

Yeah, the only problem with that is that tee averages 20 yards per and Ross averages 13 yards per

Jan 3, 2020, 11:19 PM

Both were hurt though...That plays into it... Etienne made up with it with a 32.7 yd average in receptions and Amari had a 38 yd catch. In the end, OH St was playing physical with the WRs, and we were also using Galloway for blocking... So as usual, we still didn't have the TE receiving presence. Expect that to change vs LSU, who is nowhere near as strong as OH St in defensive line sack ratings... As seen here:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadl/2019

Jan 3, 2020, 10:39 PM

They better ice up, I wanna see them do what they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 11:55 PM

Tee and Ross will show up against LSU.... No doubt!

Jan 4, 2020, 12:03 AM

We also took what OSU gave us. Which was ETN out of the backfield and Trevor with the run. Clemson just had too many weapons for them. Pick your poison. Take away the wide receivers and someone else will beat you. Give them credit their corners were good. But they just couldn’t account for everyone. No doubt they saw on film what our wides could do but not Trevor. That’s why they kept saying that Trevor beat them. LSU will probably spy Trevor that will open up the running game. Once the run is established then that means the wides will be one on one.

Jan 4, 2020, 2:37 PM

The collars on all our receivers' jerseys were so stretched out from holding they could take them off thru the neck hole after the game.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic