Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The good in people always shines through when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The good in people always shines through when

Mar 21, 2020, 6:56 PM

you least expect it.

Wife and I made the dreaded run to Sam's Club this am. With no expectations of getting anything we really needed. Well, we found everything we needed. But the amazing thing is we didn't even think about approaching the meat section - hamburger would be all we would want anyway. Especially since we have none.

Talked with an unknown lady who had just successfully navigated her way through that crowd and was right there by us - we made fun about the crowd. Then asked if she saw any hamburger. "None", she said. We laughed about nothing for another minute and went our separate ways.

A little while later she turns the corner on an isle we are on and rushed up to us. "I've been looking for you," she says. "I went back for another look and they put some hamburger out while I was there. I grabbed you one too!" She happily handed us a 5lb pack of hamburger. Wow!

We thanked her [muchly] and went our separate ways again. Wow, again. I would have never expected that. But how good it is to have a stranger be so nice to us.

I hope you all have someone treat you with such kindness this week - or that you will be that someone!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: The good in people always shines through when

Mar 21, 2020, 7:01 PM

We've been doing the butcher box meat orders online for about a year now. It's fairly comparable to grocery store prices and pretty dang good quality. We are still getting our our monthly deliveries, just recieved the last one Thursday. Something to think about

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The good in people always shines through when

Mar 21, 2020, 7:17 PM

For beef just go to Shipleyfarmsbeef.com. They are near Boone, NC and deliver via FedEx to homes and restaurants. No need to wait in line,
I know Bob Shipley. Besides the fact of being a wolfpacker, he's real nice. Just tell him his Clemson friend from Raleigh sent you and he will know who it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White Pastures and Baldwin Beef are also great options

Mar 21, 2020, 7:46 PM

If Shipley is unavailable. All of these folks do meat production the right way.

meant White Oak Pastures

Mar 21, 2020, 7:48 PM

Nm

Had something similar happen to me..

Mar 21, 2020, 10:20 PM

Of all places, was in a dollar general store
TP shelves were empty. I was down to 2 rolls at home. Asked a clerk that was stocking if they had any and she said they were out. About 5 minutes later she finds me and handed me a 24 pack. Said she found a box on the bottom of her stack of boxes. She politely went around the store handing out the rest of the case to elderly people. She told me she sure wished she had gloves since they were out. I left store and went home to get a box I had (have several boxes left from a surgery and home health nurse had given me). I took a large box back to the store and gave it to her

Really brighten my day to return the favor.

This is what it’s about. We have to come together.

Mar 21, 2020, 10:38 PM

Things like this bring out the best in people. Unfortunately it brings out the worst in people too

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pssst, hey buddy.. wanna buy some hand sanitizer?

Mar 21, 2020, 10:41 PM

Keep it on the down low..

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic