Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be honest ... was anyone surprised when Chase Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Be honest ... was anyone surprised when Chase Brice

Oct 21, 2019, 11:15 AM

did not come out as QB after the 2nd pick ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be honest ... was anyone surprised when Chase Brice

Oct 21, 2019, 11:17 AM

Not surprised but it probably would have been a good idea to send a message. Not that TL isnt terrific but he has been a little careless this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My TNet sarcasm meter appears to be broken.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:21 AM

Absolutely NOT !!!!***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I would have been shocked if he pulled TL

Oct 21, 2019, 11:25 AM

Swinney doesn't work that way. Offensive lineman jumping and kickers missing are different than a QB throwing a pick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

The first pick...

Oct 21, 2019, 11:30 AM

Amari has to share some of the blame for that one for running his route too deep.

The second one was all TL for being entirely too careless with the ball.

Frankly, the TD pass to Ross just before the half was an equally ill-advised throw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The first pick...

Oct 21, 2019, 11:37 AM

If anyone heard the play call on the radio, Pete thought he was throwing the ball away and screamed when he realized Justin caught it. Pretty cool.

So glad they brought back Yanity***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 21, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The first pick... ]

Who's Pete on our radio broadcast?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to The first pick... ]

He may have had that much confidence in Ross. Nobody else was going to catch that ball. Why they called it ill advised is beyond me.

Three things...

Oct 21, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to The first pick... ]

1. Agree with Amari on the first pick
2. On the 2nd pick didn't his receiver fall down?
3. On the TD pass to Ross, Ross called for the ball back there. If Ross hadn't caught it, was the ball thrown in a spot where nobody else could've gotten it? I would say it was, which IMO made it a good throw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Three things...

Oct 21, 2019, 12:32 PM

The only negative on the TD pass to Ross was that TL made the play last 12 seconds in an "end of the half" type situation.

The fact that he threw a TD completely negated that negative aspect because we didn't need anymore time.

Agree with others!

Oct 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

Ross called for it so it wasn't a bad pass. He threw it high so basically it would be caught by our 5 star WR or it was going to go out of bounds.

I think TL has to be coached up to take the check down more. He has big play ability each time he has the ball in his hands. But, often a 10 yard swing pass could just as well go to the house. In fact, a bunch of the short stuff will enable more deep shots b/c those CB's will start trying to jump them.

TL is a work in progress still. People don't realize he is still a young guy and far from perfect. A bit of ear chewing or message sending is part of the learning process. How he takes it and learn from it will be key. He is made of the right stuff to where it would not derail him. He would only grow and get better. Not much he needs to work on physically except his short passes. RB and passes over the middle to RB's are what defenses are giving this offense. We have to start taking that!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's why Tua looks good on paper

Oct 21, 2019, 12:51 PM

He takes advantage of the short routes and slants, living off his receivers' YAC. I'd be curious to see what the YAC numbers look like for TL, Tua, Fields, Hurts and Burrow. But I'm too lazy to look them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What's the difference?

Oct 21, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to I would have been shocked if he pulled TL ]

I see it similar to a walk to the mound for your star pitcher. Doesnt mean he is being pulled or punished... just needs a little time to get straight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I would have been shocked if he pulled TL

Oct 21, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to I would have been shocked if he pulled TL ]

You mean throwing an INT is completely different from jacking around on the sidelines?

I would have been surprised if he had.***

Oct 21, 2019, 11:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic