Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
State Fan - I come in peace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

State Fan - I come in peace

Oct 18, 2018, 9:26 PM

Seems like the consensus on this site is that Clemson blows out State by 20+, which I found pretty surprising. No doubt you guys should be the definite favorites going in, but I actually thought the 17 point spread was a bit high. Feels like we match up a little better with you guys this year than the last few, but I guess we'll find out Saturday.

Here's to an injury-free game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: State Fan - I come in peace

Oct 18, 2018, 9:31 PM

Ok, I’ll bite. What matchups would you consider favorable for Yous Guys?

Oct 18, 2018, 9:46 PM

I think our passing attack could present some problems. Our O-line should be the best you see this year, at least as far as pass protection goes. I don't expect them to shut down that d-line, but with Finley getting the ball out quick, hopefully we can keep it to about 2 sacks or less.

On defense, the vast improvements in the secondary have mitigated the loss of d-line experience a bit. I also remember KB killing us on the ground last year, scrambling and picking up critical 3rd downs. Maybe TL sits in the pocket and picks us apart, but I'd almost rather take my chances with that than watch the defense play a 3rd down perfectly, only for KB to break 5 tackles and pick it up anyways.

Areas of concern: My god we're going to get pummeled in the ground game. Wouldn't surprise me if you guys ran for 250 and we ran for 50. The closer that margin in, the better shot we have.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:52 PM

Dang you win

The only real competition you’ve played

Oct 18, 2018, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

UVA and BC, don’t have good passing QB’s they rely more on their legs. And you still gave up a lot of yards to them. You’ve been playing a lot of off coverage, have a true freshman who is tiny starting at nickel who’s given up several long TD’s, and didn’t JMU’s QB complete like 90% of his passes?

You matched up better last year offensively when you actually had a run threat we had to account for and the rest of the personnel was largely the same going against our very thin defensive backfield.

No doubt Finley is going to rack up yards but with no run threat, I see you having to settle for FG’s on a lot of drives.

To keep it within 10, I think Finley is going to have to go for probably 400+ yds and 3 TD’s.

Re: The only real competition you’ve played

Oct 18, 2018, 10:07 PM

State held a big lead late in both of those games. That tends to lead to softer coverage and skews passing yardage. Our freshman nickle is definitely a concern, but our corner/safety play is notably better this year.

Our passing game will have to establish the run game. If Finley can move the ball down the field, hopefully that eventually will open some lanes. We've been running the ball better the last few weeks, but I'd be happy if we average 3-3.5 yards a carry this game.

Oct 19, 2018, 9:29 AM

27-14 in the 3rd vs Virginia
28-10 in the 3rd vs BC (BC scored 13 pts in the 4th to your 0)

Neither of those are "big leads" and I guarantee you had 1st stringers in there trying to stop the runs. That's about the time that you guys will get to meet Lyn J. Dixon in this game. Good luck with that.

Also, if you average over 3 yards a carry with your backfield vs. our defense, then your O-Line holds us every play. I don't normally complain about holding calls, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happened given our track record with receiving positive holding calls this season. Truthfully, if your coaches were smart, they would watch the Syracuse/TAM games and coach the O-Line up to do exactly what those guys did (which was hold every friggin play).

Seriously though, good luck to you, but I agree with poster above...Finley has to throw for 3 or 4 tds and over 400 yards for this to be close. Either that or you guys will need a +4 turnover margin...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Oct 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

An 18 point lead in the second half of a game leads to softer coverage from a lot of coaches. That results in skewed passing yardage and/or final scores. As a Panther's fan, it's something I've been cursed with on both Saturdays and Sundays.

Our o-line is one of the better units in the country, so while your NFL d-line still gets the edge, I think we can keep it around 3 or less sacks for the game. Not so optimistic about our run game.

Yep, Finley/Harmon have to absolutely go off this game. Something they're entirely capable of, but it'll be tough in DV. The only reason I pointed out some areas we may match up well, is that your (relative) weakness on defense is an area we can hopefully capitalize on.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

I've never seen a team and a fan base think they're good because of losing. All we hear about was how "close" the games were the last 2 years, but guess what, you lost them both. And in the last 15 years you've been owned by Clemson. Heck, you even got beat by South Carolina last year. Yeah, you guys are really good. Come back once you've won a game.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:55 AM

Games from the last 2 years, or the last 15 years have no bearing on this weekend. The fact that we were close doesn't mean we will or won't be again, neither does the fact we lost. However, in terms of program development, those close loses can indicate progress for a team that was the worst in the ACC when Doeren took over. As a program, State obviously isn't on the same level as Clemson this last decade, but we'll win at least 9 games this year. That'll continue a steady trend upward that Doeren has started since he inherited a dumpster fire from TOB.

Based on this year’s schedule

Oct 19, 2018, 11:00 AM

Is anything short of 11 wins a disappointment?

You could very easily go 11-1 and play 1 team that even sniffs the top 25

Re: Based on this year’s schedule

Oct 19, 2018, 11:49 AM

Yep, I was being very conservative with the “at least 9 wins” prediction. State tends to play down to opponents though, so it’s entirely possible we cough one up @syracuse or home against FSU.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

Personally I do think you match up well in the passing game. I think we match up better this year than last though due to the fact we are able to play actually corners in this years game compared to a wr last year. That being said I think clemson wins by 14 and hopefully both teams stay healthy.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

I think this is a fair assessment. Don't mind the homers. This is going to be a tough game, as always. I don't believe in our secondary, and I don't think NC St is capable of executing the sort of game plan A&M used against us to mitigate the pass rush. Dink and dunk, move around in the pocket, good enough OL play to slow the nasties down.

I expect Finley to get his. I do wonder how he'll fare in the red zone if you can't get a run game going, but that holds true for us as well.

Whoever can run more effectively will win this game.

14-17 point spread seems about right

Oct 18, 2018, 9:32 PM

Y’all haven’t played anyone. Know the passing game is good but can’t run. Defense has been pretty average.

Your offensive style of quick passes and a good OL is a tougher matchup for us because it negates our biggest advantage of the DL.

That being said, you took advantage of us being abysmally thin at CB last year. 2 guys that played a lot of snaps were a WR and a guy who is now playing for Furman. Because of that limitation, we couldn’t do anything but play off coverage. This year I think you’ll see some more exotic looks because we have better personnel.

Defensively I don’t think you’ll be able to stop the run with 7, so you’ll have to choose between bringing safeties down and being very vulnerable to the pass or just giving up long runs because you won’t commit more to the run.

IMO, if y’all were going to get us it had to be last year.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:33 PM

I’m not sure the majority thinks 20+. Personally, I do, but I can’t speak for the average Clemson fan. I may be a bigger pr!ck than most. GL after Saturday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Internet bravado aside, I think most of us here expect

Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 PM

a fairly close game. Many of us were shocked at the 17 point spread, and felt that it was too high.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Speak for yourself

Oct 19, 2018, 10:45 AM

And if the mojority of folks expected a closer game, the line would indicate such.

It's going to be a pounding with a bow on it. Trust me.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage

Oct 18, 2018, 9:36 PM

bottom dweller program with no accomplishments since the Carter administration. Your only hope of competing with superior talent is by playing dirty, which you do. How many Clemson Tigers do you plan on injuring Saturday? Your coach is an asshat, your fans generally reek of urine, and that wolf gesture you do is gay as ####.

I hate NC State. I hope a laptop flies out of nowhere and blindsides you. #### off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage

Oct 18, 2018, 9:39 PM

Don’t hold back, man. Tell him how you REALLY feel!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m just getting started.***

Oct 18, 2018, 9:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m just getting started.***

Oct 18, 2018, 9:58 PM

Go ahead and get it all out.

When your coach says this...

Oct 19, 2018, 8:09 AM

In response to a question about whether NC State did the things they needed to do to win, he responded “Yeah we did, you know I mean we knocked their tailback out of the game. We had two goal line stands, 4 takeaways, didn’t give up explosive plays...”

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 18, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

I find it lame when someone says “well said”, so “I concur”...with extreme prejudice...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this.***

Oct 19, 2018, 12:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well said***

Oct 19, 2018, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Re: The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

i concur***

Oct 19, 2018, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

Post of the week IMO!***

Oct 18, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you realy feel? I recall NCST beating FSU regularly

Oct 18, 2018, 10:13 PM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

in seasons past, when FSU was solid.

Most Clemson fans remember two years ago when NCST should have beaten us --- if but for the missed chip shot FG.

I hope Dabo has a great game plan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you realy feel? I recall NCST beating FSU regularly

Oct 18, 2018, 10:41 PM

As others have said, if he had not missed it right it would have been blocked. No question. Look at the replay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong

Oct 19, 2018, 6:32 AM [ in reply to How do you realy feel? I recall NCST beating FSU regularly ]

Had that kicker kicked it straight, Wilkins would have blocked it.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:35 PM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

Brute.

Fair accessment.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

If I were running the ACC Network, you’d be hired as lead football correspondent.

Then you and Tommy Bowden could fight over who sits besides the fairly hawt blonde chick. Hope you win!

~JKB

Oct 19, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to The consensus I have is that NC State is a garbage ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Most Clemson fans I know are taking NC St+17.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:40 PM

Or either not touching the game. I'm not suggesting that we will be in position to do this, but if the game is 34-10, then Dabo will play 3rd stringers in 4th quarter leading to a 34-17 game very quickly.

I think, however, the game will be a dogfight. I think Clemson makes a few more stops on defense to make it a 35-24 type of game.

Re: Most Clemson fans I know are taking NC St+17.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:44 PM

If I bet on this game (undecided as yet), I would take Clemson. I thought the line would come out at 7 or 8. This line is STUPID high. Over 70% of public bets have been on NC State. It seems too good to be true. Therefore, I would bet Clemson. That line stinks.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:41 PM

The only person who can stop ETN9 from having over a hundo is Tony Elliott. Injury free game for sure.

3.... 3 'hundos' between the group...***

Oct 19, 2018, 6:27 AM

Oct 18, 2018, 9:42 PM

We have more overall talent by a wide margin but what worries me is Finley at qb. He is one of the best in College football and a great qb is a great equalizer. Still I think we win by two td's. Hopefully it's a fun game and both teams leave injury free.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 6:30 AM

LOL Yeah I know right. It's like NC State has an unlimited supply of lookalike Matt Ryan white QB clones that also play similarly or something.

Oct 18, 2018, 9:46 PM

Peace to you!

Ya'll have been giving us fits since the Sheridan days, so I don't buy that point spread. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be glad when Finley is gone, but I suppose y'all will get another future NFLer to take his place, ######.

As an NC resident, I got a lotta Wolf Packer friends. I hope y'all do well AFTER this weekend.

When do we play y’all?***

Oct 18, 2018, 9:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: When do we play y’all?***

Oct 18, 2018, 9:49 PM

Sunday afternoon. You really should attend. Do you need tickets?

I have talked to a lot of people

Oct 18, 2018, 9:59 PM

and I'm worried that we won't have very many fans in attendance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If Clemson takes care of the ball...

Oct 18, 2018, 9:57 PM

NC State is going to lose big.

If Clemson turns it over, NC State is still going to lose but the game could be a lot closer.

There is no scenario where NC State wins this game.

Clemson has more talent and is better coached.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This year, you match up a little better at

Oct 18, 2018, 10:07 PM

rieceiver vs our backfield. That’s a concern.
Your O line is solid but a match up against out d line? Heavens no.
Do you feel good about that?
I wouldn’t if I were an NCSU fan.
Finley is good. If he gets the balls out quick enough to minimize imminent violence, the wolfpack might give us fits. If he hesitates, he’ll get kicked in the balls instead...or lose them...or both.
I don’t see much that would encourage me in your shoes.
Somehow, you guys play above your heads against us, probably because you see us as a rival and because we beat you in close games 2 years in a row. I think you’re better on offense than you were last year, too. So there is that.
Unless we have multiple turnovers, my guess is by the 4th qtr you’ll be throwing in the towel instead of stealing them.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: This year, you match up a little better at

Oct 19, 2018, 11:02 AM

I don’t think the receivers match up as well this year. Last year Clemson was so thin at corner McCloud was playing corner for large chunks of the game

Oct 18, 2018, 10:11 PM

I would like a more favorable point spread for u guys as I place my bet before kickoff, if there’s anything u can do ! TIA

Oct 18, 2018, 10:24 PM

Thanks for stopping by. Long time IPTAY member and fan here that is surprised by the point spread too.

We’ve played tons of kids at every position this year that mirrors our QB rotation. It’s been hard to get a read on how good we really are this year. I highly suspect we’ll get better each week and limit the substitutions in big games going forward.

I think NCSU is having a good year and should end the season with a great record. However, I wish we had the WV game in the sample size to evaluate your team against good competition.

We have the talent to boat race most teams but we’ve been waiting for it to happen.

I’m very interested in how you attack our offense. I suspect you’ll load the box and force TL to make some plays. He’s a freshman but there is a reason Kelly Bryant transferred. We’ll both know more after this game.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:27 PM

Image result for you have no power here gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2018, 10:47 PM

As Finley goes, so goes State. He's a great QB and if he can get into a grove, he could cause us lots of problems. He will have to get the ball out of his hands quickly. He also has a couple of good WRs to throw to. Evidently your OL and DL are good, but I doubt very deep.

I think we have more options offensively. TL is a freshman and will make mistakes, but he will overcome any he may have Saturday. His completion percentage is excellent and his TD - Int is amazing. Also, we have a stable of running backs, and so many WRs, they can stay fresh.

We are also deep at DL and can keep bringing the pressure. The Power Rangers are great, but the backups are a force to be reckoned with in their own right. My only concern is injury at DB. I hope your punter isn't another one with a 56 net yard average. We've faced too many of those already.

Baring a mess of turnovers by us, we win.

Good luck after Saturday.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:49 PM

I don't put too much stock in point spreads since I don't bet on football games, but when I saw the initial spread my eyes just about popped out. Definitely a lack of respect for N.C. State showing there.

Honest truth: I think it's going to be an up-&-down-the-field, down-to-the-wire sort of game, a lot like last year. I'm anticipating we'll need 38+ points to win. I don't see how we stop Finley from passing for 300+ yards; just hope we can hold him under 400 while keeping the State running game in check. I'm hopeful that our defensive secondary has grown since the Texas A&M game, but they're really going to be put to the test this game. A major cause for concern for me has been our penchant for slow starts on offense - if that happens this game we may find ourselves having to dig out of an early hole. Also against Wake Forest, in spite of all the gaudy offensive numbers we still managed to give up a couple of sacks, so protecting TL is key for us.

In a game that could go either way, I'll pick the Tigers to pull out the victory, based on our mental toughness in big games & N.C. State's history of choking in the clutch. 38-35 Tigers in a barn-burner of a game.

Oct 18, 2018, 10:52 PM

While I do appreciate your enthusiasm, Clemson is going to run the ball down your throat Saturday...

Oct 18, 2018, 11:14 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me. You guys ran it down our throats last year, but it was still a competitive game.

Oct 18, 2018, 11:51 PM

I see it this way. Can your quick game passing attack beat our attacking defense? Y’all don’t give up many sacks at all, we sack the QB more than most. So something has to give. I think y’all will have some success, but it won’t be enough to keep pace with what’s happening on the other side of the ball.

On the other side of the ball, can you stop our run game and/or what do you have to do to stop our run game? I think if you don’t commit extra men to the box then we’re gonna gash you some. I think if you do commit extra men our QB is smart enough and talented enough to put the ball where it needs to be. In my opinion, both our run game and our pass game look better this year and we’re still improving.

Our D still looks dominant at the LOS. We’ll see, we haven’t seen a pass heavy team yet, but you guys haven’t seen anybody like us yet either.

I make a lot of jokes, they’re just jokes. I’ve been on NCSU campus more times than I can count, starting from 1972. Having said that, I don’t care for your Coach. He’s made more than a few statements that sound very much like veiled threats to encourage injuring someone. If it’s accidental, then he’s stupid. If it’s not accidental, what goes around comes around.

It sounds like you're thinking about dropping some chedder

Oct 18, 2018, 11:52 PM

on the game due to the spread. Do it. Let it ride...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 5:56 AM

How does your kicker matchup against our uprights? That’s the difference in points or no points for your pups.

Oct 19, 2018, 6:38 AM

Welcome State Fan! Welcome to Tnet and Tigertown if you come. Most everyone appreciates a competitive game so we are eager to get to kickoff on this one and test our strengths. As much talent as we do have, I was also surprised by the spread. No doubt this will be an exciting matchup that most expect we will win. Seventeen points spread remains to be seen. Bring it on!

I have a feeling it will be a very good game, but

Oct 19, 2018, 6:41 AM

the truth of the matter is that State has played nobody and so it is hard to read what you are and what you are not.

I think your QB is the kind of guy that can beat Clemson because he can minimize our d line and lb's and challenge our secondary (which is our weakness).

I am not as confident about your defense as you are...but we will see.

I think for State to win, it will have to be in a shootout (31-28 or something like that).

But I expect a battle. Hope State keeps the dirty play at home as it is not a good look for your program.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 6:49 AM

And we we promise you an honorable service when you DIEEEEE IN PEACE this weekend.

Signed,

The Country Gentlemen

And you go in pieces pup.

Oct 19, 2018, 8:12 AM

https://youtu.be/HfiplzrgiTw

Hello. How's the weather in Chapel Hill ?

Oct 19, 2018, 8:16 AM

Is your team wearing the dark blue helmets or the light blue ones ? Is it chromed ?

Oct 19, 2018, 9:01 AM

17 may be a little fat. Who knows?

You can come in peace

Oct 19, 2018, 9:06 AM

You'll still leave in pieces.

Love,
BuzzPaw

Oct 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

The only thing that worries me is Finnly to those big wide receivers. Our secondary is suspect at times. However I do think we win this game with a running game that can’t be stopped and that opens up some big plays. Tigers 38-Wolf pups 28

Oct 19, 2018, 9:18 AM

What is the over/under on towels stolen....I'm thinking 3!

Oct 19, 2018, 10:51 AM

"What matchups would you consider favorable for Yous Guys?"

QB, WR(s), OL, LB, Punt returner, coaching, want to
Even - DL (yeah we lost ours last year lol), fg/xp kicker
You're favored at - RB (we may play our best game tomorrow at that position however), DB (we lack seasoning experience), recruiting stars you win hands down!, home field (but we absolutely look forward to playing there)

Oct 19, 2018, 11:35 AM

How do you think you have a better WR group?

Oct 19, 2018, 11:48 AM

Harmon might be a 1st rounder, Meyers is a lot like Renfroe, and Louis is a solid senior.

Admittedly I don’t know a ton about Clemson’s wideout group this year. I’m just relived Cain won’t be there again. How’s this year WRs stack up compared to previous years?

Oct 19, 2018, 12:07 PM

Well per 247 we have 2 5 stars and 6 4 stars. Y'all have Harmon who wasn't even a 4 star on 247 I don't believe. High school rankings do not mean everything but they do mean a lot based on talent. Ross and Higgins are both potential 1st rounders, Renfrow catches everything, Rodgers a stud and built like an RB, Chase, Thompson, Powell, and our 5 star fresh DK would start at any other ACC school outside of FSU. So yes y'alls WR group does not compare to ours. Y'all have a good go to guy and some decent starters.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:19 PM

Harmon’s the best WR in the ACC. I don’t read too much into high school ratings when we’re talking Juniors and Seniors. I’d still argue we have the better WRs, but I understand why you disagree with that. To say our WRs “don’t compare” however, is incredibly hyperbolic.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:33 PM

Sorry bud but when we have 8 4 stars or better and y'all have 0 there is nothing to really compare. That is why y'all are happy with a 9 W season while we are winning championships. Harmon is good but to pretend that y'alls group in a while is remotely close to as good as ours is accepting mediocrity. Hopefully y'alls staff does not think the way you do or y'all will never do what we are doing.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:54 PM

Again, Harmon’s the best WR in the ACC. I look at production. Your only justification is to pull up high school ratings from 3-4 years ago. I have no doubt you guys have some good wideouts, but I hope your coaching staff overlooks what we have at WR as much as you do.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:16 PM

I'm not over looking your WRs. I know Harmon is good and y'all have a solid group no doubt it just is not on the same level as our guys. Y'all throw the ball more because y'all cannot run so your WRs have more yards than ours. That does not make them better players. I guarantee Clemsons WR group right now has more than twice as many future NFL players as NC STs.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:24 PM

So you’re saying Clemson has 4-6 NFL caliber WRs on its roster right now. Whatever you say man. You know more about their WR group than I do, but you’ll need to provide me with something other than HS rankings to sell that one.

Oct 19, 2018, 1:55 PM

Renfrow, Ross, and Higgins will for sure be in the NFL. Possible Thompson. Most of our guys are young tho but yes I believe Rodgers and Kendrick will be. Not sure about Chase and Powell. Who besides Harmon are you so certain is going to the NFL in State's WR group? This is by far Clemson' s deepest and most talented group of WRs and you are trying to tell me that y'alls group is better?? We are WRU dude. C'mon man.

Oct 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

Meyers is a legitimate prospect that could leave for the draft after this year. Emezie has a good shot at getting drafted next year. Louis has been banged up a lot this year, but has an outside chance of making a PS somewhere.

Furthermore, your young guys that may or may not develop into NFLers certainly aren’t going to be NFL quality tomorrow. State will have 2 NFL-ready receivers on the field tomorrow, one of which is the most productive WR in the conference. Sounds like Clemson will have 2 or 3 NFL-ready receivers as well. That’s a lot closer to being a wash than “don’t compare.”

Oct 19, 2018, 3:23 PM

Your starting 3 may be close to our starting 3 but we go 3 deep at all our positions without hardly any drop off. So no your WR group does not compare dude just stop.

No surprise you say HS rankings don't matter

Oct 19, 2018, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

Oct 19, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: State Fan - I come in peace ]

Well per 247 we have 2 5 stars and 6 4 stars. Y'all have Harmon who wasn't even a 4 star on 247 I don't believe. High school rankings do not mean everything but they do mean a lot based on talent. Ross and Higgins are both potential 1st rounders, Renfrow catches everything, Rodgers a stud and built like an RB, Chase, Thompson, Powell, and our 5 star fresh DK would start at any other ACC school outside of FSU. So yes y'alls WR group does not compare to ours. Y'all have a good go to guy and some decent starters.

All true!!!! You're looking at the wrong publications however....you need to be looking at NFL Publications that are looking players for that organization!

Oct 19, 2018, 11:26 AM

Bring frankincense and myrrh.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we win by 17+

Oct 19, 2018, 11:27 AM

I expect a very stressful game. But I am always a worrier.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 11:28 AM

I doubt any of us would bet a large amount on us to cover 17 but Vegas usually comes close so hopefully we win by 2 TDs or more. If y'all can stop the run without loading the box y'all may have a chance. Good luck.

Oct 19, 2018, 12:27 PM

How’s this year WRs stack up compared to previous years?

Best ever beyond a shadow of a doubt! We don't have Torry Holt speed but we have several who are taller that catch the ball as well as Torry did. Maybe not as athletic as Koren Robinson but more dependable. Mostly superior to great receivers such as J. Cotchery, E. Goines, Naz Worthen, Mike Quick, H. Jeffries, etc. More than 3 deep!!!!!!!! with an almost unused 6'7" TE that can catch the ball.

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic