Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The better team did not win." LMFAO!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,102

"The better team did not win." LMFAO!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 5:20 PM

Keep seeing this one on bucknut posts: "The better team did not win."

The real truth? Ohio State lacked the HEART to beat Clemson last night. They are college football's version of the yuppy with a highly leveraged Beamer bad-mouthing the country boy with the reliable, paid-for F150. Once we got past the "fanciness" of their "violence", this game was OVER.

04io State, yall lost the game because you haven't learned to handle success yet. You thought the game was over at the ten minute point in the second quarter, and were apparently stunned that it wasn't declared a victory for you at that point. The Tigers experience, cohesion, and heart took over and it was a 29-7 game after that - a blowout in other words.

No, bucknuts, the better team DID win last night. You're just not smart enough to realize it yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said the same thing about the big 10 championship***

Dec 29, 2019, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: I said the same thing about the big 10 championship***

Dec 29, 2019, 5:39 PM

As a rule the best team is the one that scores touchdowns when they have a first down on the ten yard line! The team that kicks field goals from that distance is rarely the best team. When they do it three times in one quarter they NEVER are the best team and have to accept the #### kicking that they receive

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The better team did not win." LMFAO!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 5:24 PM

That is the Alabama mantra...

indeed they had two chances to win wit around 2 mins left

Dec 29, 2019, 5:28 PM

first chance our offense went down the field in 4 plays to take the lead...second chance they were driving and threw an int around our 20

Dec 29, 2019, 6:14 PM

I believe that very few fan bases think we have the talent and coaching to line up, go toe-to-toe with their teams, and win. If we do win, the accusations start flying...we cheated, the refs cheated and favored us, etc. I guess it is hard to swallow that a small SC-based ACC school who "hasn't played anybody" could go out and beat the college football blue bloods. And when the head coach tries to primarily blame the referees' calls as well as giving minimal praise to the other team for better execution he stokes the flames of discontent in the fan base.

It used to be that if you got beat in a game you would congratulate the other team for a game well-played and, if asked, point out where your team stumbled. You expected a few fans to be jerks but, for the most part, it was on to next week (or next year) for the fan base. The winning team had bragging rights until the next time and the losers had lots of motivation not to let it happen again.

I watched a bit of OSU this year and thought Coach Day had a good team and they would be a good challenge for any team should they make the playoff. Last nights game was everything I expected and more. Yes, there were some questionable calls on both sides. But the OSU offense had a chance to win it and didn't.

My opinion? I think Coach Day had sold his players on the idea that they could wipe Clemson off the field (Saban mentality, anyone?). And when it didn't happen excuses started. I lost respect for Coach Day.

Dec 29, 2019, 7:37 PM

I think the "better team did not win" stuff was BS, but not as much BS as the rest of your post.

That was a great game with both teams competing at a very high level and players on both sides laying it all on the line.

Don't act like a coot.

Tell 'em. Coot.***

Dec 30, 2019, 12:55 PM

Now go make your Beamer payment...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frank Howard circa 1950's.." I don't give a #### about

Dec 30, 2019, 1:20 PM

The best team winning, I just want us to win!".

Dec 30, 2019, 1:22 PM

Yup. They are the same people that would say stuff like-

“Not my president”

Not saying anything political here:
It’s just a snowflaky world out there folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,102
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic