Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Washington Football Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,155

The Washington Football Team

Oct 2, 2020, 11:51 PM

Is that what we're calling them now , or are they in a holding pattern on the rename ?
Was just perusing current W/L records in the NFL and realized that they've sort of apparently kinda not come up with any ideas ?
I like The Washington Football Team ... to be honest . It reminds me of how purity of a thing can spring from sullied and maybe misunderstood messes of another thing .
Hope I am clear enough on that .
Just musing .

Go Tigers !
Go Clemson University Men's Football Team !
Beat the Prim Jeffersons !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The Washington No-maskers since that seems to be

Oct 2, 2020, 11:56 PM

very representative of what the so-called elite of that city practicED

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Washington Football Team

Oct 3, 2020, 1:50 AM

To be honest, I hate the Washington Football team,and its "politically correct "wimp of an owner Daniel Synder. But at least we wont have to hear "Hail to the Redskins" anymore.

Oct 3, 2020, 2:23 AM

So that is the name then ? The Washington Football Team ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 3, 2020, 4:40 AM

That's what they're saying. Sounds like a generic name made up for a show so they don't get sued by a real team. Looks like a placeholder people with no imagination came up with until they can come up with a permanent one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The Washington Football Team ]
redwolves.jpg(106.7 K)

I've heard the fight name of Redwolves being thrown around a lot. I've been a Washington fan since I was a kid, so kind of keeping up with the news. Also saw a design for the Redwolves that was pretty nice.

I think you’ll still hear the tune.

Oct 3, 2020, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: The Washington Football Team ]

They just changed the words to “Hello to the Individuals”

That should work for a while...until some “individuals” get offended.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The Washington Football Team ]

I kind agree.

I wouldn't mind seeing cheerleader outfits for "Redtails" though.

Oct 3, 2020, 7:26 AM

Yeah that’s Snyder’s way of getting back at the people that made him change the name. Sports talk folks hate it because you can’t use the nickname to refer to stats or anything in a conversation “you know The Football Team leads the league in sacks” etc. He’s trying to figure out a way to hold onto the team and remain relevant as an NFL owner for another billion dollars of appreciation and the only way to do that is to get a new stadium built. No governments in the DMV would pony up money as long as they were called Redskins. Once he gets a stadium I’m sure the new team name will be linked to it.

why not just DC football***

Oct 3, 2020, 7:32 AM

null

Oct 3, 2020, 7:41 AM

Sticking with WFT for this year, with plans to adopting announce a nickname once all the trademark issues can be worked out. A real estate guy in No. VA has trademarked Washington __________ (insert almost any potential nickname/mascot). However, I've heard rumblings they may keep it as it has been well received after the initial ridicule.

Oct 3, 2020, 9:29 AM

Fitting. A rearrangement of ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Washington Footballers for purity per Dug or

Oct 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

The Swampers or The Beltway Bashers to reflect their location in DC. OR give them a name to reflect most folks professions up that way like The Crooked Hackjobs. Doesn't have a ring to it or a real hardwork authenticity as, say, the Steelers, but most Americans would appreciate the honesty (or lack thereof) in the name...

Oct 3, 2020, 12:45 PM

Redskins was best mascot in the NFL, along with the Cowboys. They had a good rivalry back in the day when they were among the best in the NFL. You might as well call them The Swamp Rats to best represent the area they are from.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:14 PM

This was to be a temporary name for the team.
The team was to form a committee to find the perfect name for the team that would be all inclusive of the people in the area. I am guessing that with the word Washington in the name- we will never see the name changed in our life time.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic