Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The U.S. - very likely destroyed now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

The U.S. - very likely destroyed now

Apr 9, 2020, 1:40 PM

Been saying this for weeks & been getting brutalized for it. Dare speak about "not freaking out" over COVID & you're a Nazi.

These career bureaucrats & politicians were all wrong - I mean WAY wrong. Ridiculous morbidity models that have to be reduced by half every day or two. Listening to the genius "Fauci" pontificate daily - why? The guy was saying in Jan we had virtually nothing to worry about. He was correct then, but somewhere along the line, became the Alarmist-in-Chief.

This is a gargantuan power grab - and I'm beginning to think by both the left & right. These bureaucrats & politicians would love it if they can (from here on) dictate our every move. All government - all the time.

Had to go to Publix pharmacy yesterday inside the store. Felt like I was in 1st grade with hall monitors directing pedestrian traffic. "Okay - you can move forward now. You there - please wait at the taped line until I give the 'all clear' to advance." And this in a grocery store! A place where the entire customer base turns over every 30 minutes. How is interacting with a few thousand people's leftover germs "slowing the spread...??"

Now, seems Trump is okay (possibly) with an idea from son-in-law Kushner (and Bill Gates) that might tag & track "positive tested" COVID patients. Did we not give up enough freedom after 9-11 & flushing $8-trillion down the Mideast rathole?? Did we not give up even more privacy via Obamacare?

If this is such a big dadgum CRISIS - why isn't Congress in Washington? They WERE all through the 1918 pandemic - but not these clowns. Our 2020 "leaders" threw some $7-trillion at COVID & then split - & the Supreme Court too.

I know the Prez might have to update us, but 2 hours worth every day? How about 15 minutes & 10 minutes of questions? And why in the world does Gov Cuomo (he's ONE gov out of 50 - epicenter of COVID or not) have to give 1-hour daily lectures on all networks? Neither Trump nor Cuomo mention anything about the 55K lost annually to the seasonal flu, the 90K we lose to alcoholism, the 70K we lose to drug ODs, the 50K lost to car accidents, the 50K lost to suicide, 85K to diabetes, nor the 600K we lose to cancer. We don't shut down the economy & ruin the lives of all 330-million over those "pandemics."

Now we've gone past the point of no return. They'll call this a "deep recession" - but just like 2008 it's a "depression" - and this one, little chance to recover. On the Depression Scale this is an apocalyptic "10."

Football, other sports? They are NOT happening any time in 2020. Concerts, religious gatherings, most businesses & jobs - gone too.

Also, by Nov this will become "Trump's virus." Like Vietnam became LBJ's war & then Nixon's. Remember, it's a "war," to use Trump's own word - so no 2nd term. The other choice is a guy with dementia. After having 2 relatives & 2 friends succumb to it - I know dementia (some 85% of it is Alzheimer's). Biden's got it. But I guess if we're dumb enough to destroy America (in 45 days) over something like COVID, we're capable of sending a dementia victim to the Oval.

Well I'm ready for all the attacks. I know I shouldn't speak out against COVID hysteria. You saw what happened to Dabo when he dared to suggest a 2020 football season. My own brother still thinks between 30 & 200-million U.S. citizens will die from COVID. Please...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take cover!

Apr 9, 2020, 1:49 PM

FYI, your brother is right...more than 30 already have succumbed, and the final number will be far less than 200 mil ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now

Apr 9, 2020, 1:51 PM

The dems know Biden is mentally gone and was never that strong of a candidate. He just needs to stay alive long enough, and hopefully they and their media allies can somehow damage Trump (if not this virus “crisis,” they will continue to manufacture bugaboos).

Watch who the VP pick is because that’s who is going to be President if they can bring down Trump or force universal “vote by mail” without ID verification and just outright steal it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 9, 2020, 1:56 PM

God, I hate you Trumpers and everything you stand for. Can't wait for Biden and a large Democratic majority n both houses. It might not be too late to save this democracy and the people in it ... ALL of them.

Apr 9, 2020, 1:58 PM

Hate.
Interesting.
And “this democracy” is a republic, by the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

LOL...bless your heart !!!***

Apr 9, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

“You never change horses in mid-stream”— FDR on 3rd term

Apr 9, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Trump and Pence are doing a fine job in a trying “wartime” situation.

Americans will not change horses in mid-stream.

Biden has no chance to beat Trump and the incessant resistance tactics of the Democrats will almost certainly guarantee they lose the house in 2020.

Cuomo would run much better against Trump than Biden.

But, it’s too late. Biden is the crash test dummy for November.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Great example of the "tolerant" left.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Hate.Wow.Maybe you should take a few minutes to learn what the Democrats stand for.Are you a woke millennial who thinks the government has to take care of you from cradle to grave?Too many progressive professors in college,huh?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

I just hate you

The worst thing to ever happen to the Republican party

Apr 9, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

is Trump. Eventually, you be able to trace back it's destruction to him. People sold their souls to win the presidency. They won't recover. Good, Christian people literally sold their values/morals to elect this racist idiot. It's unreal.

Gah, this place (Tigernet) is terrible now. A shell of its former self.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pelosi and Schumer have sealed Biden’s fate. They did

Apr 9, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Him no favors, especially pelosi in turning the relief bill into a political grab bag and delaying things. This will be one of the major talking pts that will stick while they continue to speculate on unfounded claims

Dec 10, 2021, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Wait... I thought the democratic party was a party of inclusion and tolerance. You don't fit that MSM narrative.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

Hate is a strong word to fire toward Clemson brothers.***

Apr 9, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean earlier, we had one wishing death to liberals...***

Apr 9, 2020, 4:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Apr 9, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

You stepping on ground I know a lot about in voting. We've been doing mail in for a while. There's been little if any fraud, and never enough to swing an election... The ONLY one was your Republican pal in North Carolina that got outted.

I'm not Republican or Democrat but POTUS spews a lot of lies. He's conned people his entire life... That's not saying most politicians aren't, but he's by far been the worst.

The biggest test of his life and he's failed miserably.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You describing the POTUS or the Clintons.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:15 PM

The Clinton's and Donald Trump might not have much in common, but in the public eye they share one glaring characteristic: A lot of people don’t believe anything they say.

The biggest difference is, anyone who has the audacity to actually call the Clinton's on it, ends-up dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 1:52 PM

Sounds like you need to just turn the TV off, worry about what you can control (you and your family) and follow Dabo's lead--choose to believe in faith not fear :)

Your post is as morbid as everything on TV, up and down and up and down prediction models, etc... you make the choice to optimistic and positive about your situation or not, enjoy the blessings we are all getting to experience with our families, choose to use this time for good. Smile :)

Biden is the like pitcher...

Apr 9, 2020, 2:05 PM

who is not pitching well and has no realistic chance of winning but gets left in the game to get shelled and take one for the team.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:11 PM

What is destroyed more, the football board or the country?

So...if the internet had existed

Apr 9, 2020, 2:15 PM

At the time of Pearl Harbor...this is what the reaction would have been?

Hmm...and I can see the Hiroshima headlines, too:
"It's just another Nip city!"

What are lives, anyway?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now...the mange. No doubt.***

Apr 9, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The U.S. - very likely destroyed now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The U.S. isn't destroyed.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:28 PM

Our country will be fine.

I do worry about the precedent this is setting for future government power grabs though. I understand the health concerns from COVID-19, and agree with people staying home, but don't like the fact that this has come from the government.

In an ideal world, people would choose to stay home in this situation rather than being forced to. But they didn't, so what do you do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If a 30 day shut down is all it takes to destroy the USA

Apr 9, 2020, 2:36 PM

then we weren't far from falling apart to begin with. The USA has survived a lot darker times than this including a Civil War.

I'm optimistic that the nation will start opening back up in several weeks (if not sooner in some locations) and we will do what Americans have always done when faced with a challenge: roll up our sleeves, put our nose to the grind wheel and use our innovation and work ethic to lift us up off the ground. So long as the Lord still shines his favor upon us as a nation we will recover from this.

When I was deployed in combat I experienced some tough times. One of the things that helped me was to take a moment and realize that my difficulties were finite - one way or another they would not last forever. I would frequently remind myself of a phrase I first heard from Pastor Robert Schuller; "This too shall pass".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just all part of Agenda 21 or 2030.

Apr 9, 2020, 2:49 PM

Don't succumb to fear that you have no control over and already set in motion by the Bilderberg Groups vision of a one world government.

Q sent me!

I, for one, welcome...

Apr 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

Another whackjob COVID-19 conspiracy theorist to P&R.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So you're sick of arguing with me already?

Apr 9, 2020, 3:31 PM

Our marriage is doomed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well......

Apr 9, 2020, 3:13 PM

Posts like this show we obviously haven't had a real pandemic in 100 years.

Each successive generation has less and less respect for how well they have it. Then when it's gone, they suddenly realize what they had was a historical anomaly, perhaps the height of humanity.

When this is over, there will be fewer selfies, fewer people bitching about politics, and no one spending $5 for a cup of trendy coffee or buying bottled water. Back to basics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

Apr 9, 2020, 3:38 PM

I thought I'd give it a try.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic