Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Trump Slump has killed my portfolio. Anyone else?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

The Trump Slump has killed my portfolio. Anyone else?

Mar 27, 2020, 12:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Trump Slump has killed my portfolio. Anyone else?

Mar 27, 2020, 12:07 PM

Are you sure it wasn’t this current pandemic?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

my 401 is taking a beating but other stock is fine***

Mar 27, 2020, 12:08 PM

You misspelled Choronovirus!
Fixed it for you!

As did you

Mar 27, 2020, 1:37 PM

:)

Mine as well, but I tend to be pragmatic. The Stock Market

these days gets upset if butterflies produce flatulence in a faraway meadow, but recovers just about as quickly. As soon as there is light at the end of this tunnel, it will rocket back up almost as fast as it went down. As long as we can afford to just "let it ride", we'll be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 12:09 PM

You clearly lack the capacity for investment. I'd suggest you bury your pennies in a mason jar in the backyard.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:40 PM

I suggest you do with yours as you please, and others will do the same. But I will add, I've never been the type that wanted to see bad things to happen with others, and will always wish others the best of luck, as I do for you!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yes. Including 401K, I'm down 25% in 4 weeks. Trump is a

Mar 27, 2020, 12:13 PM

jerk for unleashing this virus upon us!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should sue China for everything they've got***

Mar 27, 2020, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

We haven't even looked or ask, and hopefully by us only investing in low risk stock saves us from losing everything!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 1:30 PM

I'm invested in what I assumed was a portfolio built for a recession, and I've been hammered. Everything is down, pretty much indiscriminately.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:42 PM

Hey ########, labeling this Trump’s slump is about as accurate as naming it Pelosi’s pandemic.

If Trump wants all the credit for the stock market rise the last few years

Mar 27, 2020, 1:04 PM

(remember he even autographed a chart of a recent stock market increase), then he has to take full credit for the fall too. Can’t have it both ways.

Every president for the past 100 years, has gotten more

Mar 27, 2020, 1:18 PM

credit than they should, when the market goes up, and more blame than they should, when it goes down!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. But he actively claimed the credit for the increase,

Mar 27, 2020, 1:21 PM

so we can all blame him for the drop too.

I did not like trump. I did not vote for him. He did create some of the market increases

Mar 27, 2020, 1:28 PM

There’s little denying that. The stock market really liked the tax cuts that he proposed, he turned out to be right about lowering interest rates, and even the tariff situation really proved him right in the longer run so it created some volatility at the time.

He also has been putting a major emphasis on doing more manufacturing here in the United States which I think we can all agree would be a good idea at this point. To have more of the supply chain here as opposed to being as reliant as we have been on international trade is probably something that’s going to be followed through with.

Whether you like it or not, he definitely had more to do with it going up when he does it’s going down now. It’s not a matter of all or nothing of course, that’s a childish conversation.

Voice texting problems but you know what I mean.

Mar 27, 2020, 1:30 PM

He had more to do with it going up than he is having to do with it going down.

Re: Voice texting problems but you know what I mean.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:36 PM

Not to those with the Derangement Syndrome.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It is, but he’s childish for saying it’s all do to him. I agree, he did

Mar 27, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to I did not like trump. I did not vote for him. He did create some of the market increases ]

help it go up. No argument there. Especially from the tax cut, gave corporations much more cash to invest. However he inherited a lot of positive momentum as well. I disagree on the tariffs, think that was a terrible move and hurt America. It helped Vietnam, Indonesia, etc, but hurt many US businesses. Also I’m not a huge fan of being manufacturing back to the US. This is an outlier, and not something we should rebuild our economy around. We got to extremely low unemployment without bringing manufacturing back to the US, and by keeping it overseas, kept the costs of goods down and made products more affordable for Americans. I’m all for keeping it in Asia.

*coronavirus is an outlier***

Mar 27, 2020, 7:22 PM

Mar 27, 2020, 12:43 PM

We took a look at our portfolio a few years ago and diversified quite a bit, as we are quickly approaching retirement age. We haven't made quite as much in the last few years, but have done OK. Our advisor called us last Friday (that took a lot of nerve on his part) and we are down about 20%. Not as bad as we feared. I do think it will come back to regain at least some of what it lost. The key is not to panic and sell out. We are just hanging tight.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:50 PM

Hey NumbN-ts, labeling this Trump’s slump is about as accurate as naming it Pelosi’s pandemic.

You haven’t lost anything until you sell.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:55 PM

Mar 27, 2020, 12:59 PM

Typical Dem, post something really immature and just leave like he/she did something nobel.

The Trump JUMP built your portfolio***

Mar 27, 2020, 1:01 PM

GDPOSLFU

Mar 27, 2020, 1:05 PM

Nice try, DJIA is still 2K above when he took over

Mar 27, 2020, 1:16 PM

The reason your investments are down is because you didn't see what everyone else saw before stock prices plummeted (the initial reason they plummeted was the sell-off itself). I, personally doubled my investments in the last week. I took everything out and PUT it into bonds a week before everything hit hard. Then I bought BP, XOM, CVX, AAL, USO, BA, DAL, CCL, RCL, NCLH on Thursday. I sold them all (except USO) yesterday afternoon after more than doubling (didn't want to be greedy). Now, I'm back in a 50/50 mix of bonds and large cap.

For the record, I didn't vote for the guy. But, I see no need to try to blame the current administration on something as unavoidable as this. It comes off as petty.

Dow: 17,930.67 On Election Days

Mar 27, 2020, 1:43 PM

Market shot up the next day just on his election, we'll be at 30,000 plus by the end of this year.

Are we still allowed to troll during lockdown?***

Mar 27, 2020, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 1:24 PM

Was the first time in my adult lifetime watching my net worth evaporate.

Hopefully it bounces back like it always does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yeah you probably missed the 08/09 crash

Mar 27, 2020, 1:41 PM

I remember most stocks down like 50-60%.

same for after 9/11***

Mar 27, 2020, 1:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You weren't an adult in 08?***

Mar 27, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The Trump Slump has killed my portfolio. Anyone else? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 1:27 PM

down roughly 15k, but I'm far enough away from needing the money to where I'm just riding it out.

The Trump economy

Mar 27, 2020, 2:09 PM

is the reason you had much to begin with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It reminds me of that time George Bush ordered

Mar 27, 2020, 2:12 PM

...Hurricane Katrina to hit New Orleans.

Trump is definitely responsible for your 401k losses. Great points all around. ??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault.***

Mar 27, 2020, 2:28 PM

Re: It reminds me of that time George Bush ordered

Mar 27, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to It reminds me of that time George Bush ordered ]

W’s fault was he didn’t fix all the levees that Bill Clinton didn’t fix, when he knew something like Katrina could happen.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

More like the "Trump Dump", except it

Mar 27, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to It reminds me of that time George Bush ordered ]

has nothing to do with him and everything to do with a private international banking cartel controlling our monetary system since 1913 and building the greatest debt bubble in world history that was already beginning to pop before anyone here new what was going on in Wuhan.

The fed was pumping hundreds of billions of dollars at a time into the market since last fall just to prop it up. It's putting trillions in it now.

Prepare thyselves.

no I waited for all the chicken littles to panic and sell for cheap.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:42 PM

Will be worth the same and more by end of the year.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:59 PM

Don’t worry Trump will bring the stock market and economy back stronger than ever.......his policies are what made it strong before and he will bring it back again.....thank God he is our President.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 27, 2020, 3:07 PM

Market nosedive not trumps fault. No president has much impact on market ride up or down. That’s good news as we hope to have a market driven by fundamentals. Increasing count of virus cases will have an impact on market.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:10 PM

Def not Trump's fault. Since his approval ratings are higher than ever, hopefully he will help your portfolio the next 4 years when he wins in November!!!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic