Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/16 Edition (My Work Is Done)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/16 Edition (My Work Is Done)

Nov 17, 2019, 6:48 AM

My weekly public service to anybody out there who believes there will be more than 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year vying for a place in the College Football Playoffs. It won’t happen, and it didn’t happen, despite each year worry and angst are abound with people wondering if we will have a decision to make among undefeated teams come playoff time.

The inevitable always happens….it’s called “the thinning of the herd”

And, once again, the herd has been thinned below 4.

Recap Of Last Week
What we found out, and it should not be a surprise, is that rarefied air of undefeated is difficult to navigate in November. It gets harder to row a boat and it is gets harder to hold leads at home when Game Day is at your site.

Minnesota found out that one great win in November does not mean you can’t bring your “A” game the next week. They also found out a coach is not supposed to go onto the field.

And Baylor found out that all of the emotion of Game Day and a big lead is sometimes a hindrance when trying to withstand the pressure of doing something special.

So my job here is really now done…as the thinning of the herd weekly post was simply to show you all that in no way were we going to have more than 4 undefeated teams. But, I will continue my public service to you because it is the month we give thanks and our Tigers have put me in such a good mood!

The herd is now at 3….and call me crazy…but I don’t think the losing is over yet.

Next Week: Guaranteed Thinning Will Take Place
None

"Upset Alert”
Penn State at Ohio State…the Buckeyes have two critical hurdles to jump the next two weeks.

Will Keep Winning....For Now
Arkansas at LSU…firing Chad Morris mid-season is not going to change the fact that Arky is terrible.
Clemson has a bye week.

"The Road To A Repeat Begins With The Tiger Pregame Show"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/16 Edition (My Work Is Done)

Nov 17, 2019, 8:27 AM

Thanks for your work!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks!***

Nov 17, 2019, 8:50 AM

Nov 17, 2019, 8:41 AM

You continue to be a bastion of sanity in a swirl of chaos! And thanks for your great insights

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! Thanks! I may use that in the future

Nov 17, 2019, 6:32 PM

"a bastion of sanity in a swirl of chaos"

Nov 18, 2019, 6:54 AM

Ohio St is going to kill PSU. I wish it weren’t the case but we need to face the truth, Ohio St is the most well rounded team out there and it’s a shame we will most likely face them in the 1st round because the CFP Committee drank the SEC kool aid and doesn’t get who the two best teams are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic