Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???)

Apr 4, 2020, 3:55 PM

The State paper ran an article with this headline:

"SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700 with 147 new cases reported Friday, 3 more deaths"

Let's do some math... Going up by 147 to 1700 is an increase of less than 10%. That is after the previous 7 days in which it rose by these amounts:

March 27 - +18%
March 28 - +22%
March 29 - +17%
March 30 - +20%
March 31 - +17%
April 1 - +19$
April 2 - +20%
April 3 - +10% <<< Soars?? Are you kidding?

Can you say media bias???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???)

Apr 4, 2020, 3:57 PM

If you aren’t kept in a constant state of terror until November, they aren’t doing their job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 4, 2020, 6:51 PM

Can you say dumb a$$ journalists who can't to math?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 12:09 AM

Journalists cannot do math. That's why they are journalists.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 2:20 AM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

If you truly believe that everyone ...even local newspapers are out to get your precious #45 than you really need to seek some mental health help asap.

I have a friend clinging to life tonight and all I'm seeing is pain, fear and suffering but please keep pushing your Political agenda. #MAGA2020

Apr 4, 2020, 3:58 PM

Trying to sell papers.

Apr 4, 2020, 4:33 PM

I heard today that the baby in N.C. passed away from another illness, not coronavirus as reported early this week.

Apr 4, 2020, 6:21 PM

And the baby that died in Connecticut that their governor reported as a covid19 death actually died from an accident in the home.

Apr 4, 2020, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

I am pretty sure it was said that the baby who died tested positive for Covid 19, not that the baby died from it. There is a difference.

Apr 5, 2020, 3:13 PM

Fake news is fake news ! If it died from something else then the China virus had nothing to do with it. That’s the big difference

Re: (soar???) SORE...

Apr 4, 2020, 4:36 PM

....LOSERS!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 4:42 PM

I posted something about this yesterday and got flamed.

Apr 4, 2020, 4:44 PM

Yea, but you got flamed because you posted it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 5:47 PM

Haters gone hate.

Apr 4, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

As well you should have . These kinds of posts are pathetic .
I guess politics has just completely consumed some of us and it's got to be hung on the water tower every day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 4, 2020, 4:44 PM

A month ago there were only 108 confirmed cases in the entire country. If you don't think even an increase of 147 is something to be worried about than you've forgotten how quickly this is getting out of hand. Our testing is still wildly insufficient months into this problem. Our distribution of ventilators and medical supplies is a #### show because the feds aren't taking control. Our governor is one of the last holdouts on shutting things down to decrease the spread. The economy had the biggest crash of all time. Unemployment is skyrocketing at rates never seen before.

So yea in the scheme of things 147 people isn't many. But for every 147 confirmed cases we find there's another 5,000 that have been waiting 10 days for their results while they continue the spread.

If you don't think this is a crisis that deserves as much attention and sensationalism as possible then you need to stop reading headlines and try to digest the info in the actual articles.

Apr 4, 2020, 5:16 PM

I guess you missed that whole "flatten the curve" thing that we're working on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

I do agree with you on most of your points but I have to disagree with you a little on the federal government not responding to our needs. I believe they have done as good a job as they could on the ventilators. The fact is the states are responsible for preparing for times like these. The governor of New York had the opportunity to order 15k ventilators back 5 years ago but decided they would pass on the opportunity.

I'm not sure that we, as taxpayers

Apr 4, 2020, 5:25 PM

Would have been receptive to the cost to 'prep' for an event like, such as this pandemic. In many respects, we're still like the little kid who was told repeatedly, don't touch the stove. Not until the blister was the message received. All of us are likely due an awakening after this...the question is, will we accept the cost...or...kick...the...can. (That can is scarcely recognizable, by the way! ;) )

Apr 4, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

We need a unified voice to respond to this as quickly and efficiently as possible. Instead we have 50 states + FEMA bidding AGAINST each other for equipment. The FEDERAL government is responsible for being that unified voice. A bidding war just drives up the cost, discourages cooperation between states, and eliminates NEED BASED distribution.

It's idiotic and a failure of the Union in an effort to avoid responsibility.

There is no bidding war. We do NOT need the feds taking over

Apr 4, 2020, 5:46 PM

They don't seem to do a good job at anything. The 50 states are NOT homogeneous. States need to act differently because they are different. We are not running out of ventilators.

https://covidtracking.com/data

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS.***

Apr 4, 2020, 6:06 PM

Just a few minutes ago Trump suggested states need to

Apr 4, 2020, 6:15 PM

ask other states for help with more ventilators.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many states will others will have poor management

Apr 4, 2020, 6:21 PM

and expect the Federal Government to supply Ventilators, which really makes no sense. I got a job last week to design a building addition to a company in Albemarle, NC that is retooling and making ventilators.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree with that but there has been a 'bidding war'...

Apr 4, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Just a few minutes ago Trump suggested states need to ]

I've seen several governors speaking about it.

Re: There is no bidding war. We do NOT need the feds taking over

Apr 4, 2020, 6:38 PM [ in reply to There is no bidding war. We do NOT need the feds taking over ]

If you read down on you data you'll see that many states, including NEW YORK, don't show ventilator data. So the current/cumulative "data" there doesn't mean ####.

So the multiple governors that are going on national TV to say they are getting out bid are all lying? You, with this wildly incomplete chart, are better informed than sever governors across the country??? Yea, OK Bud.

Re: There is no bidding war. We do NOT need the feds taking over

Apr 4, 2020, 8:34 PM

What this opportunity is showing clearer than ever is what we as a species need is a benevolent (obviously) but global totalitarian government. Who’s with me?

Just like a sorry state like Missouri can hog ventilators from the elite state of New York, the US can play shenanigans by stopping 3M from shipping vital humanitarian supplies like masks to Canada. How fair is that??

I’m hoping the UN and the EU representatives and their staffers are watching because we will need some excellent experienced bureaucrats to put in charge of The World here real soon, with absolute power to crush disobedience. That’s the only way it will work. China can continue to be in charge of the World Health Organization, of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is that sarcasm? Sure reads like sarcasm...

Apr 4, 2020, 8:42 PM

And if poasts were 'scratch & sniff', well...to be honest, I don't know what sarcasm tastes or smells like...but I can read it! ;)

Re: Is that sarcasm? Sure reads like sarcasm...

Apr 4, 2020, 8:47 PM

Don’t you want to be kept safe?
People’s so-called freedoms are going to get us all killed.

We need to report our non-compliant neighbors to the proper authorities.

(P.S. I think sarcastic posts smell like banana pudding with nilla wafers.)

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

Apr 4, 2020, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

Ok cnn

Apr 4, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

Somebody can double-check me on numbers, but I heard that if we had the same number of ventilators per capita as the UK, we would have a total of 80,000 ventilators. I found this regarding the number of the US:
There are about 160,000 ventilators in existing hospital treatment rooms across the United States and the Centers for Disease Control have a Strategic National Stockpile of 12,700 ventilators and the Pentagon announced this week that they can contribute 2,000 more military-style ventilators to the total, which would bring the number to just under 175,000 ventilator-equipped beds in America.

Think about that.. The country with the centrally controlled system has less than one half the number of ventilators as the US, even when normalized on a per capita basis.

In NC we have 7,330 empty beds out of 18,140 total beds

Apr 4, 2020, 6:16 PM

we have 883 available ICU beds we have 3014 beds with ventilators total with 701 being used total including COVID-19 patients.

so far we have received half the N95 masks from the fed's national stockpile, we have received more surgical masks than we asked for.

https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/covid-19-nc-case-count#by-reporting-hospitals

Some states are more prepared than others. NC is the 9th largest by population, we have problems in our big cities. Our Democrat Governor is doing a good job at management of resources.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

hubcap said:

I do agree with you on most of your points but I have to disagree with you a little on the federal government not responding to our needs. I believe they have done as good a job as they could on the ventilators. The fact is the states are responsible for preparing for times like these. The governor of New York had the opportunity to order 15k ventilators back 5 years ago but decided they would pass on the opportunity.

That is exactly not true. It is the Federal Governments responsibility to use all of it's power and resources to confront disasters whereever they pop up. States cant invoke the Defense Production Act to address crisises. Only the Fed can. That why we HAVE a federal Govt. and feed it trillions is tax dollars!

When hurricanes wipe out parts of the southeast, no one says. Well handle it Florida, and let us know if you need help, we're your back up.

It's a ridiculous Trump narrative to cover for his horrific response to this Pandemic. He waited 70 days before he started moving at all.

States can't develop tests, ventilators, medical supplies or force labs and manufacturers to do so.

Apr 4, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

Apr 5, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

You spreading fake news about the ventilators. Ask the mighty gov of NY. He was busted about this when they showed a whole warehouse full and was grand standing saying they didn’t have enough. Turn CNN off

Apr 4, 2020, 6:07 PM

Death toll not high enough for ya yet ? Need more people on ventilation ?
I swear I don't understand why a person would be disappointed in there not being more sick and dying according to a number they have in their head .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 4, 2020, 6:25 PM

It’s called being positive d1ck.

Apr 4, 2020, 9:43 PM

I watch Fox cause it’s the only place I can see the woke in video clips that spew utter nonsense.You might want to see what they said just a few weeks ago.Maybe you can transition from woke to awake.

Apr 4, 2020, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

Because they are addicted to Fox News

Message was edited by: Noonan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases soar to 1,700!! (soar???) ]

Nobody wants anyone to die. Just sick of fake news.

Apr 4, 2020, 6:25 PM

And only 117 new infections today. The doom and gloom crowd ain’t gonna like this.

Apr 4, 2020, 10:24 PM

217 actually.

Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases are now over 1900

Apr 4, 2020, 6:28 PM

With 16,000 +/- negative tests being reported, I wonder how many were false negatives. See the link below:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85717

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 8:37 PM

Probably all of them.

Thanks for the link... Good site.***

Apr 4, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases are now over 1900 ]

Apr 4, 2020, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The State: SC coronavirus cases are now over 1900 ]

Yep... only missed by factor of ~ 3/1

Apr 4, 2020, 10:56 PM

Apr 5, 2020, 11:33 AM

Still going with the Trump "this isn't that big a deal" narrative eh? You might notice that the virus spreads 3X faster than the flu and is 10 times more deadly. Unless mitigated, millions could die.

McMasters is going to have blood on his hands for not issuing a stay at home order. It's nonsense. There is no reason SC can't be the next New York.

Apr 5, 2020, 2:28 PM

Why can people not understand that the state is already shut down? What is still open that you want to see closed?

Mcmaster has already addressed the fact that instead of issuing a broad stay at home order they are targeting specific businesses that need to close to avoid people being in close contact.

Apr 5, 2020, 3:27 PM

Great post. I can’t even go on the river fishing Where there is no one around me for miles

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic