Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC stinks just as badly as the ACC ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The SEC stinks just as badly as the ACC ...

Sep 23, 2019, 3:16 PM

Historically, 2 losses ends a teams chase to make the CFP.

After 4 weeks, the SEC has 7 teams with at least 2 losses ...
Tenn, Kent, Scar, Vandy, OleMiss, Arky, TAMU

The ACC also has 7 teams with 2 losses ...
FSU, Louis, Cuse, UNC, GT, Mia, Pitt

The other P5 conferences:
B12 - 1
P12 - 3
B10 - 4

There is plenty of suck to go around, and the SEC deserves a giant spoonful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom half of the SEC is really bad.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:20 PM

Top of the league is very good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes

Sep 23, 2019, 3:22 PM

1. Clem
2. Bama
3. UGA/LSU
4. Auburn
5. Everyone else in the SEC/ACC

Re: Bottom half of the SEC is really bad.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Bottom half of the SEC is really bad. ]

In their and your mind.

Re: Bottom half of the SEC is really bad.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Bottom half of the SEC is really bad. ]

I think it remains to be seen just how good those teams are at the top of the SEC. We know Bama is legit and UGA is right there.

Auburn, LSU, and Florida always get the benefit of the doubt early in the season and start out highly ranked.

I’ll give UGA good. Not very good.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Bottom half of the SEC is really bad. ]

I think Auburn will shellack them LSU style. They are always over hyped. When those big headed primadonnas get punched in the mouth it doesn’t work out well for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC stinks just as badly as the ACC ...

Sep 23, 2019, 3:20 PM

yes, but some of those are SEC losses, and when you are in week 4 of the schedule, that SEC weekly grind is going to wear you down.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:34 PM

And some of those ACC losses are to other ACC teams. That's usually what happens in conference games, someone has to lose. Clemson has found an excellent way to minimize that weakly (correct spelling) grind so common in the SEC. Dabo utilizes a simple solution, he develops depth to prevent exhaustion in his players.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 3:22 PM

Like the effort, but maybe overthinking this. The SEC this year appears to have several good teams and not much else. We will see how it shakes out.

They both suck....***

Sep 23, 2019, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Based on what I've seen...

Sep 23, 2019, 3:34 PM

this year the $EC appears to have three really good teams, two pretty solid teams, and nine teams that are...well...not so good.

The ACC, on the other hand, has one really good team, one pretty good team (and even that may be a stretch), and twelve that are not so good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

no, no it doesn't...They have three legit teams to our one***

Sep 23, 2019, 4:12 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 4:23 PM

Problem is 9 or 10 SEC teams are ranked in the pre-season Top 25 every year (when only probably 5 or 6 really deserve to be there)......which gives SEC teams an undeserved strength of schedule boost every year ......and that is not going to change any time soon as long as the SEC signs the checks for the ESPN employees who are excellent at spreading this fake sports news crap that all these pollsters hear and believe .......it will all shake out again come bowl time with ACC probably winning more bowl games and another national championship than the SEC like they have for the past two seasons......Go Tigers!!!!!

Sep 24, 2019, 7:35 PM

How is fake hype responsible for the SEC having OOC wins over Texas, Oregon, Miami, and ND thus far? What’s the ACC’s biggest OOC win thus far by someone other than Clemson? UNC over South Carolina? Then what?

Sure some teams get overrated at times. Georgia, Auburn, and LSU are ranked in the top 5 right now, and perhaps they won’t finish there, but those teams are clearly pretty darn good regardless. I certainly wouldn’t pick any ACC team other than Clemson to beat any of those teams.

Also, people keep pointing out the ACC bowl record from last season and it’s actually quite embarrassing that people do. Take away Clemson and the ACC was 4-5 in bowls. The wins were over Memphis, Temple, South Carolina, and WV. WV was the only good team in that group and their starting QB and #1 receiver sat the game out. Why so many seem to think that’s something to brag about is beyond me.

No.***

Sep 23, 2019, 4:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Sep 23, 2019, 4:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic