Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Ringer published some hack's hit piece on the Disney movie
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The Ringer published some hack's hit piece on the Disney movie

Dec 10, 2020, 1:13 PM

for having the audacity to be a feel-good college football story. Apparently it's not a good time for that sort of thing. College football bad! I don't really want to give them the clicks so no link, but I'm sure y'all can find it for yourselves.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, what do you know? Guess where the author got his

Dec 10, 2020, 1:17 PM

bachelor's:

Sounds like sour grapes

Dec 10, 2020, 1:38 PM

I know the movie will be feel good and cheesy but I’m looking forward to watching it w the kids.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw that article too....

Dec 10, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Well, what do you know? Guess where the author got his ]

But this piece of information is a find. Go figure he is a coot. I read about 15% of what was written and stopped because it seemed the writer was just someone who hated everything

Re: Well, what do you know? Guess where the author got his

Dec 10, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Well, what do you know? Guess where the author got his ]

Thanks for the legwork JD. Wasn’t going to hunt for it anyway but nice to know “the rest of the story”. I believe I’ve seen his name on here before. Think it was a hit piece on Dabo. Go figure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Libs aren't a fan of feeling good, ever.***

Dec 10, 2020, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

He's a coot to boot***

Dec 10, 2020, 1:20 PM

Yes, you should always boot a coot.***

Dec 10, 2020, 1:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, you should always boot a coot.***

Dec 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

^^^THIS^^^ Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didnt realize Bowden had revoked Ray Rays schollie

Dec 10, 2020, 2:11 PM

That's definitely not a great look.

The article is more of a hit on CFB in general than the movie. Also gets some jabs in at TB and Clemson for revoking Ray Ray's schollie.

Message removed by Author

Dec 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowden offered him a GA position at the same time though

Dec 10, 2020, 3:14 PM

And there were rumors back then that he was being late to class and practice and had developed a bit of an attitude because of all the national attention he was getting in the trust fun etc. etc. I remember at the time people were saying that he had let all of the attention go to his head.

If that were true then why would Bowden offer him a

Dec 10, 2020, 3:26 PM

grad assistant position? That doesn't really make sense if he was becoming irresponsible and difficult to deal with.

He wasn't offered a football scholarship as a grad student

Dec 10, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I didnt realize Bowden had revoked Ray Rays schollie ]

but was offered a coaching position. He wanted to play, though, so he transferred to Howard. He already had his bachelor's from Clemson at that point.

Facts the Clemson haters will omit.***

Dec 10, 2020, 7:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I didnt realize Bowden had revoked Ray Rays schollie

Dec 10, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to I didnt realize Bowden had revoked Ray Rays schollie ]

everything he could for Ray Ray, he did something that, although obviously self-serving, was also once again above and beyond for Ray Ray.

RR was not going to co tribute to Clemson on the field.
RR had graduated.
RR had no future in pro football.
RR was offered a full scholarship to be a grad assistant. So Clemson was offering him the opportunity to continue to go to school for free without playing football but learning about coaching.

Clemson’s rivals had a field day with that but once again, Bowden did everything he could for Ray Ray except allow him the opportunity to work his tail off in practice so he could sit on the bench for everything but mop up duty. In 2008 we had James Davis, CJ Spiller and Jamie Harper as RBs. Ray Ray was less talented and injury-prone. He transferred to Howard where he had 45 carries for 241 yards against FCS competition.

null

Darn. My subject got erased. I said that

Dec 10, 2020, 3:44 PM

I am not clicking the story but I remember that situation well and the truth is that after Bowden had bent over backwards to do everything he could for Ray Ray and his brother, he did something that, while self-serving...

null

Re: Darn. My subject got erased. I said that

Dec 10, 2020, 7:10 PM

Im confused, thought he played DB at Clemson? Why did he transfer to play RB at Howard?

started at DB and moved to WR briefly before becoming RB.

Dec 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

He was a RB at Clemson when he transferred.

null

Re: The Ringer published some hack's hit piece on the Disney movie

Dec 10, 2020, 4:14 PM

The article isn't directed at Clemson, so calm down. And there's nothing in it that's necessarily incorrect. I would just argue that "maybe now isn't the time for a hit piece on something that all intelligent people already know." If you're still on the wagon of "I love college football because it's pure," then you're beyond help. I enjoy and watch college football, so I'm complicit which I'm ok with. But it's never been more evident that college football is solely about profit than it is this year.

The B1G backed out of the season because they thought that everyone else would do the same thing, and figured they'd at least recover some of that profit loss by being the "socially-conscious" conference and pushing that narrative going forward.

The Pac-12 was likely disappointed that they were beaten to that stance, which is why they tried to hold out a little longer when the B1G reversed their decision.

The ACC, SEC, and Big 12 were all far more concerned with their profit margin, and basically never considered cancelling.

The B1G, realizing how much potential money they'd be leaving on the table now that there was going to be a season, suddenly weren't concerned with being socially-conscious anymore.

The Pac-12, realizing that they'd be even more of an afterthought if they were the only conference not playing which could cost them in future seasons, also suddenly changed their stance on how dangerous COVID was.

Every conference then did various things to protect their best teams, so they could get the playoff money.

The B1G put an arbitrary rule into place to protect their top team in the event of a mediocre team going 3-0 and having the best win %. They then dropped that arbitrary rule because it was going to end up hurting the team they were trying to protect.

The ACC realized that it had a really good shot to get 2 teams into the playoff, and cancelled games to make sure there was nothing that could upset that.

The SEC scheduled a conference only season, dropping several long-term rivalries, under the guise of player-safety, but it was solely because they assumed that 2 or 3 top teams would breeze through their lower teams and give them a good shot at getting multiple teams into the playoff. Then they got mad when the ACC insulated their top 2 teams even though they were doing the same thing.

Well look who earned his Cynicism Merit Badge today.***

Dec 10, 2020, 4:33 PM

null

Dec 10, 2020, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ringer published some hack's hit piece on the Disney movie ]

Dude, you need a hug or something?

Doubt Clemson or any other school is “profiting” financially

Dec 11, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ringer published some hack's hit piece on the Disney movie ]

from playing this season. The actual loss of money is probably substantial.

This season is about maintaining program viability so that college football will not disappear entirely.

Dec 10, 2020, 5:05 PM

Left wing kooks (which is about all that writes for The Ringer any more) hate football, America and most people who don't also hate football and America. You'd be better off wiping your rear with anything they write than you would be reading it.

Dec 10, 2020, 5:13 PM

Yes I'm sure that a sports media organization actively hates the sport that provides over half of its content.

Dec 10, 2020, 8:09 PM

Yes they do hate them and a large part of the US population and institutions....

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic