Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The President just held a press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The President just held a press conference

May 22, 2020, 2:34 PM

in which he declared that he has directed the CDC to issue guidance saying that houses of worship are "essential" and that governors open them up immediately. If not, he will "override" them.

I agree with him about churches being essential, of course, but I'm not sure of the mechanism for this "overriding".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He cannot

May 22, 2020, 2:47 PM

Pence just left Atlanta.

May 22, 2020, 2:48 PM

Kemp was showing him how it's done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pandering to his base

May 22, 2020, 2:58 PM

And the only override he has is his “bully pulpit” to push his supporters to defy any governor that doesn’t.

The governors know that if they don’t want

May 22, 2020, 3:43 PM

Re: The governors know that if they don’t want

May 22, 2020, 5:49 PM

One tiny thing is there has not been a super spreader event anywhere in the world at a weed or booze store unlike religious services. Point to ponder maybe?

He is pandering to his foundation...

May 22, 2020, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Pandering to his base ]

which is The US Constitution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

May 22, 2020, 9:52 PM

Re: He is pandering to his foundation...

May 22, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to He is pandering to his foundation... ]

which is The US Constitution.

C'mon, you really don't see how political his motives are? Really?

I'm sure if a Federal Judge rules that a ban on religious services is a violation of the 1st Amendment, it would then surely go to Scotus.

They might not see that as a violation because is a temporary prohibition for public safety. Much like after a riot or hurricane the state has a right to ban public assembly and to enforce a curfew. A govt. interfering in rights is a sticky issue. I have no idea how this would play out.

And although this issue is, 'recently', a constitutional question, that isn't why Trump is doing it.

He's pandering like most politicians do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2020, 8:35 AM

Exactly. Just like when he talked about his favorite Bible verse in "Two Corinthians". ?? Laughable, I say.

May 24, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to He is pandering to his foundation... ]

You think that's his motive. Hahahaha

Executive Order?***

May 22, 2020, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Executive Order?***

May 22, 2020, 9:55 PM

Nope, 10th Amendment doesn't allow for that. But according to Judge Napolitano, he can instruct the Justice Dept. to challenge a Governor on 1st Amendment grounds. A federal judge could overturn the closure of churches, temples and synagogues by a Governor or state.

I wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification.***

May 24, 2020, 7:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Thanks Trump & Praise the Lord.

May 22, 2020, 3:18 PM

Let the Ministers, Priests, Rabbis and Imams guide their flocks.

Let the grace of God keep all safe and healthy.

Freedom of religion is a 1st amendment right.

Shew. Just when the govt was about to ban religion

May 22, 2020, 5:40 PM

Now they can move on towards protesting Starbucks and the war on Christmas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

high percentage of over-60 peeps close together, singing

May 22, 2020, 4:28 PM

hymns and breathing in and out heavier than usual (esp some denominations). My mulch guy said his church was opening last Sunday, but that's not the norm in Va. His wife is over 70 with multiple health problems, but he has not been wearing a mask. Hey, free country and freedom of religion.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

He thinks it makes him look strong, but it's the opposite.

May 22, 2020, 9:56 PM

He's a straw man of a strong man.

Re: The President just held a press conference

May 24, 2020, 4:18 AM

If church is essential, so are amusement parks and Chucky Cheese and DQ's. Church is the least essential thing on the planet.

May 24, 2020, 7:36 AM

Only to you Christian hating liberals.

May 24, 2020, 12:39 PM

I don't hate Christianity. It's hilarious. I don't hate Scientology either. It's not necessary.

Nah, that might be pot stores or liquor stores.

May 24, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The President just held a press conference ]

We should all be able to grow our own and nothing says 'I'm your huckleberry,' like a draw off a jar of moonshine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, that might be pot stores or liquor stores.

May 24, 2020, 12:41 PM

They would have more utilitarian value.

The CDC gave us a death rate of .026%.

May 24, 2020, 12:08 PM

Deaths in nursing homes centered mostly in states which governors ordered covid patients back into those nursing homes accounts for over 1/3rd of those deaths. It's barely twice a normal flu.

My only positive statement about the isolation of the public was that it may have given the healthcare community time to get on its feet and develop some methods of treatments and medications before it struck.

Maybe not, maybe it was going to take those who it was going to take without the lockdowns. There is no science either way.

Edit to correct inaccurate information.

May 24, 2020, 12:34 PM

Alaska, Hawaii, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming do not break out deaths by residential categories.

Nursing home deaths are 42% of the total without those states breaking down the numbers.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic