Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Party Don't Stop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The Party Don't Stop

Jan 18, 2019, 3:49 PM

I posted this on Facebook and I was told that I should share it here as well.

----

The following exchange took place in about 5-7 minutes in Bowling Green, KY:

---

So I pulled up to a stoplight this morning and a car came up behind me. I briefly noticed that the car had four (yes four) orange window flags. So I started looking in my side-view to see if they were Clemson flags (they were). In the process, the man noticed my small Clemson sticker on the back windshield. We made eye contact in my rear-view, and we began a very strange non-verbal conversation.

He started to gesticulate wildly, pointing to his flags (of course). At first I was at a loss for how to signal that his flags were very fun and that I was on board for his extreme level of fandom. I went with an emphatic thumbs up, however, I added a few other gestures just to bring home my point: I raised my arms in a triumphant rocky pose, I did a "we're #1" finger pose, and I attempted to dab (which was likely hard for him to see).

Finished with the flags, the man began a lengthy show-and-tell of Clemson memorabilia. He pulled out a Clemson koozie and pointed at it for some time. Though I had almost exhausted my vocabulary of excited gestures, I managed to make a golf-clap motion. He then pulled out a Clemson hat. More pointing. More golf clap. Then he pulled out a scarf. I went with the thumbs up to keep it interesting. He finally held up a keychain, which I could not really see in the 'ol rearview, but which I appreciated nonetheless.

By this point I was kind of hoping the light would change. We'd really run out of ways to say "Yes, Clemson" non-verbally across cars. Plus I was running out of gestures and feeling quite self conscious. Surely this exchange was about to end, right?

No, dear reader. He started to honk.

He started to honk in a pattern. It was a cadence that I knew. It was the cheer where you spell out Clemson letter by letter, with a long pause right before the last emphatic "N!" This is a chant I know well and love dearly.

Of course I had to join.

So there we are, probably 8 or 9 other cars around us waiting for the light to change and my new friend and I are honking IN UNISON and yell-spelling from the inside of our cars. I am an accomplice to this madness and having a blast. I'm worried that there will be a cop soon to pull us over and ask some questions, but other than that fear it was kind of exhilarating.

We got through 1.5 rounds of this when the light finally changed and we both start driving off, honking all the way. We were together for about a minute or two before we parted ways. We of course exchanged celebratory honks as I entered a turn lane and he sped past.

It was a time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Party Don't Stop

Jan 18, 2019, 3:56 PM

Yeah...sounds like he celebrated with a few at lunch.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 3:57 PM

But did you woooo hoooo?

Jan 18, 2019, 5:59 PM

I did not! I guess without the band lead-in it slipped my mind.

Jan 18, 2019, 4:15 PM

Hilarious and awesome! Multiple TU’s if I was allowed! Would loved to have witnessed that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is fo show,

Jan 18, 2019, 4:24 PM

the other dood wasn't that caulk loving coot GWPTiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 18, 2019, 4:29 PM

I bet that was kind of fun for a sec, but I bet that turn lane was a welcome sight.

Jan 18, 2019, 5:57 PM

100%

First post and already contributed more than GWPCoot***

Jan 18, 2019, 4:32 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

I had a similar encounter. here is the story about it

Jan 18, 2019, 6:04 PM

Maybe some bad language here

https://youtu.be/OktXG2TOhkU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So U R sayin' it was almost exactly like this....

Jan 18, 2019, 6:12 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 6:40 PM

Was it Greg Buckner?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic