Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NCAA will have to do something about the beckham money
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The NCAA will have to do something about the beckham money

Jan 16, 2020, 8:45 AM

He poked his finger in their eye by handing out cash on the field to LSU players in clear view of cameras. He obviously planned this show. He made a complete mockery of the NCAA in front of the world. If they do not punish the tainted LSU program, this will be repeated at every NCAA Championship. Part of the punishment should be to ban beckham from support of any team or attendance at any NCAA game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will either ignore or over correct.

Jan 16, 2020, 8:49 AM

I can see them banning everyone from the field/sideline, punishing everyone for this idiot's decision.

They'll use the fake money to lawyer up

Jan 16, 2020, 8:50 AM

and nothing will become of it. They already have the narrative in place; fake money/joke, Coach O "first I've heard of it," players all said it was "just for fun."

In regards to the LSU players smoking pot in the locker room, the general consensus is the cop was wrong for being in there. "It's the police officer's fault."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Joe Burrow said it was real money***

Jan 16, 2020, 8:51 AM

That statement will be amended to "real joke money

Jan 16, 2020, 8:53 AM

meant for a fun joke, why aren't you laughing?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The NCAA will have to do something about the beckham money

Yeah I imagine OBJ will be persona non grata going forward for LSU.

But let’s be honest, we all realize these kids are being paid behind the scenes, right ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Please submit your evidence or camera footage

Jan 16, 2020, 8:57 AM

If you think that is true, how much are you paying for a 4-8 team ?

Re: Please submit your evidence or camera footage

Jan 16, 2020, 9:04 AM

Not enough apparently.

I really thought Muschamp was going to be the coach that new how to effective buy recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL......Every fan base in the country is convinced

Jan 16, 2020, 9:20 AM

that their opponents are paying players...especially if their opponents are winning!

Age-old story, often repeated, rarely proven.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it makes you feel any better...

Jan 16, 2020, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Please submit your evidence or camera footage ]

uof6c absolutely paid Zacch Pickens' mother. Pretty common knowledge in and around the Anderson area. She apparently enjoys talking about it to pretty much anyone who will listen.

The funny thing is, you really didn't have to pay her. ZP was always going to attend the school his mother preferred (which demonstrates a lack of maturity and an inability to think for himself but that's another issue).

His mother wanted him to attend uof6c all along because she is a lifelong fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The Will Wake incident at LSU supports...

Jan 16, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Please submit your evidence or camera footage ]

that players were, in fact, being paid.

If money is being funnelled to basketball players, is it unreasonable to think football is benefitting from the generosity of some booster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Anyone who doesn't think major D1 football players

Jan 16, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA will have to do something about the beckham money ]

are getting paid money behind the scenes at some point is being naive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yeah I imagine OBJ will be persona non grata going forward for LSU.

But let’s be honest, we all realize these kids are being paid behind the scenes, right ?

Jan 16, 2020, 10:27 AM

Everybody thinks they know that, but no one has any proof. Unless you are a player receiving the money or the person giving it, you do not know ...... end of story ...... everything else is hearsay .... period!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 8:58 AM

In my opinion nothing will be done. The name, image, and likeness has us headed down this road to begin with. What OBJ did is not the finish line, it is the starting line. Please can we just drop the C from NCAA and call it the NAA. The whole aspect of College is in disregard.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:02 AM

NCAA will slap LSU's hand and that will be the end of it. You can't blame an obviously drunk NFL player for handing out real cash and then later slapping a rental cop on the butt. C'mon it's the SEC , Espn will not report anymore on it and it will fade away.

Jan 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

IMO, the players that took the money and will return next year should get a 2 game suspension against SEC teams (not cupcakes) and all former players and celebrities should be banned from the LSU sideline (unless working for a TV network) for the entire season including the post season. If none of the players videoed receiving the money return, then just enforce the sideline ban.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 9:02 AM

You are joking of course...the NCAA is a toothless ##### and will do nothing...they caved more than Linda Lovelace at a Bachelor Party...What are they going to do...IF cheating at UNC and hawking players away from other colleges and rape at FSU are OK then cash in New Orleans is OK too! Only poor little SMU pays for crimes in the end and everyone else (big cats) get a free ride...seems like Monday night when the two big cats played in the Superdome there were tigers and cheatahs on the field...later on Odell probably passed out a little mary jane and nose candy!

Well, it's not just the NCAA. He was taunting the cops in

Jan 16, 2020, 9:03 AM

the locker room as well. Guy is bad news.

I try and think about what if one of our former players came back and did that and acted like that. What would we do?

First off, I would hope our players wouldn't take the money. IF they did, they should be suspended for a game next season, AFTER they give every penny back. As for our former player on the sidelines, I'd ban him from the football stadium, the field, and heck, university property for life. If he wants to toss his money around, he can donate to IPTAY. And would instruct stadiums we visit to not allow him on the field anywhere we play.

Then hold a press conference, with the players who took cash, and have them apologize, then explain what will be done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must be fun at parties***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

Jan 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

Nothing will happen. Will Wade, the LSU basketball coach, was
caught on tape trying to pay off a basketball recruit and his family
and nothing happened. He is still there. LSU seems one of the worst
offenders but must have compromising pictures of someone at the NCAA.

Jan 16, 2020, 1:56 PM

When I was being recruited, it came down to LSU and Clemson for me. LSU offered me several impermissible benefits, and the AD at the time ('83) brought me in his office and made it abundantly clear that their coaches were expected to do "whatever it takes" to win.

And here's the kicker...I was a freaking TENNIS player. WTH?

As for Clemson, I was offered nothing more than scholarship. A couple of years later, we were playing LSU at their place and in every single match (except mine because it was someone I grew up playing against in the juniors), they were cheating us. Almost turned into a team brawl. Just goes to show you behavior usually starts at the top and trickles down.

Needless to say, I made a VERY good decision.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:19 AM

You expect the NCAA to actually do something about this? Nice thought, but it won't happen. This entire thing will get buried--like it never happened. They aren't going to do anything to sully collee football's image. My guess is, the fake money ruse will be used. The sec will do even less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All declaring for the NFL so the beckham money is Moot***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:33 AM

Pretty naive to think only draft-eligible players were involved.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:48 AM

Especially with the shadiness in their athletic department over the last few years.

Re: All declaring for the NFL so the beckham money is Moot***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to All declaring for the NFL so the beckham money is Moot*** ]

Some of them are not eligible to go to the NFL yet. Some are still Sophomores and must wait another year. But the most that will come out of this is for the ones returning will get a game or 2 suspension if that. Kind of like Chase Young at OSU. All LSU players returning will say the returned the money and it was a just a joke.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

they need to ban OBJ from ALL future NCAA events. Had their staff known about this, they never would have let him any where near their players, at least not in plain site.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 10:58 AM

LSU staff already knew...OBJ is well known as a self serving idiot...he just put it on public display with the rest of the inmates...they knew...did you not listen to the language in the locker room before they cut if off...that's the language they grew up with and all they've learned with Ed at LSU over their two years!

Jan 16, 2020, 10:55 AM

Why doesn't the NFL or the Cleveland Browns or LSU cheetahs punish him...keep him away from campus and not on the sidelines...bet he never graduated so he's not an alumnus...just some idiot with coke up his nose and cash in his pockets...you can take em out of the swamp but you can't take the swamp out of em...Ed as well!

$100 handshakes - I thought we were over it - GUESS NOT***

Jan 16, 2020, 10:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $100 handshakes - I thought we were over it - GUESS NOT***

Jan 16, 2020, 12:26 PM

LSU AD just cleared everything up...new statement says that OBJ and the team were just rehearsing a new J G Wentworth commercial...coming to a TV near you soon!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic