Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Liberty NYC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,576

The Liberty NYC

Oct 10, 2017, 3:58 PM

Anyone been to this restaurant/bar in New York? My girlfriend and I will be in NYC on Saturday after we watch our Tigers dispatch the Cuse in the Carrier Dome the night before. We’re thinking about having lunch there. This is the place the NYC Clemson Club rents out for its viewing parties. I’m curious what (of any) kind of Clemson presence is there when it’s not gameday. Anyone know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Liberty NYC

Oct 10, 2017, 4:00 PM

I haven't been in a while to watch a game there but it is a really nice place. Also some good Irish bars and a nice Japanese place within a couple of doors of it. You will have options in that area for sure!

As far as a non gameday feel. It will probably be pretty quiet.

Oct 10, 2017, 4:00 PM

I can't say personally, but I've got a cousin working in NYC who's been there a lot this year for game days and loves the place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Suspect you want to direct your inquiry to TigerDug.

Oct 10, 2017, 4:02 PM

nm

Oct 10, 2017, 4:40 PM

It is a nice bar and they do get a crowd but Syracuse game is close by (3 hours or so) so a number of them will be heading to the game.

They will be having tailgating at Syracuse and I posted separately regarding that event

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 4:41 PM

They also have one in Hoboken but I have never gone to that one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2017, 4:41 PM

I watched the ACC Championship game in 2015 there. It was great.

however, i wouldn't make a special trip there if the tigers aren't playing. I doubt there is an event there with no game and there are loads of other places to go in Manhattan.

Oct 10, 2017, 4:43 PM

I frequent the Liberty regularly for Clemson games. There is no Clemson presence when it's not gameday. Food is pretty good but it is your typical midtown price hike- there are better options if you're flexible on your location.

Oct 10, 2017, 4:49 PM

Was in the city two weeks ago and stopped in since it was featured as the Clemson bar on ESPN. Absolutely no Clemson connection outside of game days, but had a great burger. Seriously, probably one of the best five burgers I have ever had.

null

Oct 10, 2017, 6:03 PM

Was it one of the fifth most expensive burgers you've ever had?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Oct 10, 2017, 6:05 PM

For a game? Sure. For lunch? Not so much. It’s NYC... there are 1000 better places to eat in walking distance. Use Yelp!

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,576
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic